What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the Test Halfback?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Orford must be picked
he is not only the form half but the form player of the comp

unfortunately i fear he is much like schif, no matter how good they do they wont get a spot

daslacker

Juniors
Red and Blue Knight said:
There's someone better than orford???
Yes when both fully fit Kimmorley and Johns are the two best halfbacks since Stuart.
So your saying orford can't play at John's or Kimmorley's standard?
Have u ever seen these blokes dominate a SOO series.Not that I'm
saying Orford would
Mate there is no other halfback I'd prefer than orford.Johns,kimmorley,
You are not a selector so it doesn't matter who YOU prefer.
True,I wouldn't be just after 'winning cultured players'
Are you a selector by any chance?

But I think orford take it up
another notch if given the test spot.He would give the best roll on in
attack than any other half IMO.
Maybe but with if he has a quite game or pulls of a few critical errors? You can't be so sure he will deliver at this standard, i thought Kimmorley outplayed him in the 2004 City vs Country game by far. Kimmorley is the incumbent half and will get it, Johns will have it back by seasons end.

If's and but's mate.Your making assuptions on someone never given a
chance.Also Kimmorley did play very well in the city vs country,true.

Your right though Kimmorley will probably get it.John's will struggle to
get again.He will have troubles shining behind the the knight tryline.

I bet there are some kiwi fans that hope you're right.

LESStar58

Referee
Phillips said:
Matt Orford, no one else deserves the #7 jersey more then him...

Never thought I'd see the day where I actually agree with Phillips or something! Ox all the way...he deserves his chance on 2 outstanding seasons and 2 (soon to be 3) superlative rounds in 2005!

LESStar58

Referee
daslacker said:
Of course he can't....Orford is of a higher standard than Noddy and Joey!

Joey= past it...

Noddy= had his day in the sun at Melbourne and has been mediocre at best since leaving the Storm...

Bottom line, Melbourne may have the worst crowds but we have the best half, if not player, in the NRL. Barring injury I think Ox will finally crack it for the Dally M this year!

JBW1983

Juniors
Have u ever seen these blokes dominate a SOO series.Not that I'm
saying Orford would

Anyone here remember the 2003 series? Johns absolutely slaughtered QLD.

Not that I think he should be the halfback for the upcoming test, but I just had to answer your question.

If I was a selector I'd go with matt orford, simply because he's on fire at the moment, and his combination with slater (who will be on the wing) would be very handy

Mad Dogg

Juniors
It's between Kimmorley and Orford. Seymour has no chance...yet.

Personally I'd probably go for Orford, but it will go to Kimmorley for sure.

JBW1983

Juniors
I think orford may have just played himself out of a test jersey... he didn't play badly but wasn't the same as he has been recently... he just couldnt come up with that genius play that some of the greats can put on to get their team over the line in such a close match(and he caused me to ruin a good round of tips!)

Special K

Coach
It has to be Kimmorley.

He is the current Australian half. He is a proven international who never lets Australia down and he is in hot form for the Sharks. He beat Parra by himself last night. Kimmorley and Lockyer are money together - ask the poms.

Orford is playing well but how can you kick out Kimmorley when Kimmorley is also red hot?

Phillips

Referee
Special K said:
It has to be Kimmorley.

He is the current Australian half. He is a proven international who never lets Australia down and he is in hot form for the Sharks. He beat Parra by himself last night. Kimmorley and Lockyer are money together - ask the poms.

Orford is playing well but how can you kick out Kimmorley when Kimmorley is also red hot?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i think you will find that, Mick Stone beat parramatta ](*,)

JBW1983

Juniors
1. Minichiello
2. Slater
3. Tate
4. Tonga
5. Rooney
6. Lockyer (c)
7. Kimmorley
8. Webcke
9. Wing
10. Price
11. Hindmarsh
12. Civoneceva
13. Fitzgibbon

14. Bowen/Berrigan
15. Bailey
16. Ryles
17. Kennedy

daslacker said:
Orford for sure.There is no current halfback close to this bloke.

I agree with Orford, his tearing everyone apart, and should get it. But Kimmorley's played bloody well so far as well so disagree with last half of post.

panthersballboy said:
I think joey will still get it even if he isn't playing the best out of the contenders.

I dont think so, to get I think that he will atleast have to have 2 out of 3 blinders, which he probably wont his steadily improving. But his fitness is suspect as well and when you've got a primed Orford or Kimmorley why risk someone who could break down half way through?