What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will be the Test Halfback?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Kimmorly over orford due to rep experience. no one else should get anywhere near the number 7.....

What about hooker? Buderus wont be there, should it automatically go to wing who's been been playing musical positions, or do u look at someone like priddis or cameron smith?

Meanie

Juniors
Gotta be Kimmorley. Orford might be a shot for New South Wales but I can't envision many drastic changes to the tri-nations squad.

Foz

Bench
Pierced Soul said:
Kimmorly over orford due to rep experience. no one else should get anywhere near the number 7.....

What about hooker? Buderus wont be there, should it automatically go to wing who's been been playing musical positions, or do u look at someone like priddis or cameron smith?

Not my pick but I am assuming they will look at Gower.

bboy_insane

Juniors
Kimmorley will get it but I would like to see Orford get a run. Hard to see Johns or Gower playing in the near future.

RABK

Referee
Orford done himself no favours getting outplayed by a scrub like Monaghan.
Fu*king idiot! Monaghan would have to be the most consistent player in the comp. He's like Cameron Smith, doesn't have the flair of other players in his position but he just as a great league mind. Monaghan is 3 times the player Seymour is. Orford had no platform to work on, his forwards were dominated.

huntress_555

Juniors
I reckon Kimmorely will get it!

Seymour, give him a couple more seasons, when hes on fire, hes just awesome, and especially with Lockyer, but he won't get it quite yet!

RABK

Referee
Seymour, give him a couple more seasons, when hes on fire, hes just awesome, and especially with Lockyer, but he won't get it quite yet!

Seymour will never the be Australian Halfback unless Bennett uses his most absolute biased decision ever. Kimmorley is there for another 3 years mininum or Johns may reclaim it for the last two years. If they elect for experience when Kimmorley/ Johns retires they will either go for the experience of Gower or see if Orford can make a go of it. If they do elect for a younger player i think Matthew Head and Michael Monaghan would do better then Seymour. Fu*k all this combination crap, it's just another excuse foe bennett to make the Aus side 75% broncos. How can any other player get in if combinations are what selection is based on and half the team is already broncos? The best player should be picked, not a player who plays club level with the incumbent 5/8.

Ghoulies

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:

Seymour will never the be Australian Halfback unless Bennett uses his most absolute biased decision ever. Kimmorley is there for another 3 years mininum or Johns may reclaim it for the last two years. If they elect for experience when Kimmorley/ Johns retires they will either go for the experience of Gower or see if Orford can make a go of it. If they do elect for a younger player i think Matthew Head and Michael Monaghan would do better then Seymour.

Calm down.

It's very, very early to even consider a player, yet to play a full season of FG, to play for his country.

But its too early to say its out of the question in another 5 or 6 years.

Fu*k all this combination crap, it's just another excuse foe bennett to make the Aus side 75% broncos. How can any other player get in if combinations are what selection is based on and half the team is already broncos? The best player should be picked, not a player who plays club level with the incumbent 5/8?

:shock: :shock:

You mean a coach shows bias towards his own club?

Where have you been for the past 10 years?

Remember Anderson picking Kimmorley at half instead of Johns?

What about Bozos countless numbers of questionable selections?

Do you think that if Hagan was the Aus coach we wouldn't be seeing Johns constantly picked regardless of form?

Just accept it as a part of the game and get back to enjoying the footy.

Kid

Juniors
What about Bozos countless numbers of questionable selections
Actually i remember Bozo picking Steve Roach and Paul Sironen from club footy to play the Kiwis after "supercoach" Jack Gibson didn't want them in his Origin side that was belted. From memory, they both had absolute blinders in that series.

lockyno1

Post Whore
He was responding to the T.Carroll call.

Tonie Caroll is not a KIWI as much as everyone wants him to be! He played for the Kiwis in the World Cup, well it is a farce at the best of times. Luke Ricketson played for Ireland, Lote Tuquiri played for Fiji, and there are others. Does that make them not Australians- NO! :roll:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Red and Blue Knight said:

Seymour will never the be Australian Halfback unless Bennett uses his most absolute biased decision ever. Kimmorley is there for another 3 years mininum or Johns may reclaim it for the last two years. If they elect for experience when Kimmorley/ Johns retires they will either go for the experience of Gower or see if Orford can make a go of it. If they do elect for a younger player i think Matthew Head and Michael Monaghan would do better then Seymour. Fu*k all this combination crap, it's just another excuse foe bennett to make the Aus side 75% broncos. How can any other player get in if combinations are what selection is based on and half the team is already broncos? The best player should be picked, not a player who plays club level with the incumbent 5/8.

it's combinations which got buderus his jumper. he didnt play in SOO, Priddis did and they gave it to buderus because of his combo with johns and he hasnt looked back.

aenima1

Juniors
how can anyone be talking about seymour playing for australia?? he's only played a handful of games and even in those games he hasnt looked any better than the top half backs in the comp anyway. theres still about 6 or 7 half backs ahead of seymour.

JJ

Immortal
Early season, they have to go with form and recent history.

Johns needs more game time, so he's out.

Seymour's playing well, but not any more of a contender than Scott Prince or Michael Monoghan for mine.

That leaves 3 contenders

Gower
Kimmorley
Orford.

Gower's not playing as well as the other two... Personally I'd take Orford... but I'd just about put the house on the selectors picking Kimmorley

LESStar58

Referee
Jimbo said:
LESStar58 said:
Noddy= had his day in the sun at Melbourne and has been mediocre at best since leaving the Storm...

You idiot
dude, look at the pack he played behind in melbourne, he owes his CAREER to the Storm or more accrateley Chris Anderson....then he went to the Eagles :roll: and he got the Sharks to the fianls in his first year and hes done nothing since....

bula_stormer

Juniors
If they go for combinations then maybe with Buderus out theyll go for Cameron Smith and Orford. And maybe they'll pick Slater in there somewhere, Slater should be a walk up start. Hows that guys. Slater Orford and Smith, and since theres a lot of biased opinions here i might as well throw in Matt King. :D

Latest posts