What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will captain in 2007

Sharkie™

Juniors
Lance Thompson has to get it, wears his heart on his sleeve and i think with the extra responsibility he will play even better. Plus i will love to see him shove it up dragqueens asses.

juanfarkall

Coach
Sharkforever said:
odd? Not at all . I'm just a fan of the guy regardless of some of the rubbish he cops from so called supporters.

Are "so called supporters" different to other supporters ?

jc155776

Coach
Sharkforever said:
odd? Not at all . I'm just a fan of the guy regardless of some of the rubbish he cops from so called supporters.

So was I until I found out we were paying him 425k a season.

Macca

Coach
Simmons or Bird . . .

In all seriousness though, Thomo is already respected by the team as a leader, he's an obvious choice.

Kiwishark

Juniors
jc155776 said:
Sir Luke Covell OAM

Ah, that'd be ONZM:sarcasm: :)

I would pick Thompson, influential figure in the team and a player that players look up to, young and old. It would seem wierd but we'd get used it imo, and it'd be no problem at all after a while. There are numerous examples to say why he can captain from his history on here already.

Inferno

Coach
On Covell it wouldnt be a bad ploy for him to be captain. He can jog in slowly from the wing to talk to the captain and slowly back again giving our forwards an extra breather.

Anyone know the last captain of a side who played on the wing?

Kiwishark

Juniors
Inferno said:
Anyone know the last captain of a side who played on the wing?

Stu Wilson captained the All Blacks on the right wing in the 70s. That's the only one I know of.

Inferno

Coach
Was Jonah Lomu ever captain? I seem to recall a game or 2 where he was a fill in but I could be wrong.

Kiwishark

Juniors
Nah don't think so mate. If he was it probably would of been during a game, for the last couple of minutes. In Jonah's era there were plenty ahead of him (Fitzpatrick, Z. and R. Brooke, Brown, Dowd, Jones, basically the whole forward pack, Mehrts, even J. Marshall captained early in his career). He wouldn't make a good captain anyway.

Wilson was only captain for 1 or 2 games i think (I wasn't around at the time) and that was because he was filling in while someone came back from injury. But he did start and finish the game as captain i think.