What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will fill the remaining positions for NSW?

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
on tonights performance how could you deny beaver a spot
id be prepared to give him the spot ahead of the form player in the nrl paul gallen, and thats a big call

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
im a bit dissapointed after tonight with covell.
everytime it went to our side that glory hog king ran it himself and most of the time barret (cause hes a crap passed to his left) kept passing to roberts side even though our main strengths were on our right.

When covell did get involved he showed glimpses of the player he is. running the ball back brilliantly like a dog fetching a ball from that kick return , where somehow he got out of the ingoal (honestly do you think many other players could of done that?). not to mention consistant good positioning and a great pickup to score the try he scored.

however due to the fact he was picked on the wing again :roll: he couldnt get involved and like i said mr glory hog king kept going himself

Misanthrope

Staff member
1: Anthony Minichiello
2: Luke Rooney
3: Mark Gasnier
4: Ryan Cross
5: Eric Grothe Jr.
6: Trent Barrett
7: Brett Kimmorley
8: Jason Ryles
9: Danny Buderus (c)
10: Joel Clinton
11: Craig Fitzgibbon
12: Nathan Hindmarsh
13: Ben Kennedy

14: Steve Menzies
15: Luke Bailey
16: Jason Stevens
17: Craig Wing

Unlucky to miss out were Anthony Wotnough, Steve Simpson, and Matt Cooper

The Tank

Bench
GoTheBears said:
Dodge, that post was absolute crap! Get rid of your hate for the tri-colours before writing sh*t like that.
By the way dodge, you guys are in the same boat as the Roosters, lost to them and only have the buy to thank for you being ahead of them. So dont go saying they shouldnt get selection when the Dogs have done nothing this year.
Munky, who would you have ahead of Ryles and Baily? Clinton? Absolute softcock, most over rated prop around at the moment.
Gidley is sh*t eh, he was terrible tonight apart from the pass to Roberts.

My NSW team
NSW

1. Minichello
2. Rooney
3. Gasnier
4. Cooper(if both arent injured
5. Eric Grothe
6. Barrett
7. Kimmorley
8. Bailey
9. Buderus
10. Ryles
11. Hindmarsh
12. Fitzgibbon
13. Kennedy

14. Skandalis
15. Waterhouse
16. Watmough/Menzies/Stevens(would love to see Menzies snag a spot).
17. Wing
yep I'd have the same team.

glockers

Juniors
I have two issues here.

1. Five centres and wingers do not go into four. We have Rooney, Lewis, King, Gasnier and Grothe who all deserve a spot. Gasnier though will get injured most likely.

2. Form forwards only get picked after the favorites get in. Fitzgibbon, Kennedy, Buderus and Ryles are all good and in contention nbut they should not be locks for the spot. I wish O Meley was available. Anyway I will name the team I think will be picked and in brackets put who i would put.

1. Minichello
2. Rooney
3. King
4. Gasnier
5. Lewis (Grothe)
6. Barret
7. Kimmorley
13. Kennedy (Ryan)
12. Fitzgibbon (Watmough)
11. Hindmarsh
10. Bailey
9. Buderus (Priddis)
8. Ryles (Clinton)

14. Wing (Gower)
15. Waterhouse
16. Watmough (Since I would start him I would put Creagh here)
17. Clinton (Since I'd start him I would put Skandalis here)

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think that Buderus and Wing have done a lot to justify their inclusion, especially Wing. Wing is in the side for his strike value and utility value, something that Gower doesn't possess either of in much quantity. He does have a habit of disappearing at rep level.

As for Buderus, I think Priddis is very unlucky to be running around for NSW at the same time as him. Buderus is uncumbent and the captain, and hasn't done his chances any harm this year. Has stood out in every Newcastle game (and that's a real feat), and was in good form tonight.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
Give Piggy man of the match (LU did) gotta keep the record of a Parra player getting man of the match in each rep game played this year :D :lol:

:roll:

Well at least the 2 awards that actually have money attached to them went to

NINE: Steve Menzies
2GB: Anthony Watmough

bartman

Immortal
My stab at second guessing the selectors:

1. Anthony Minichello
2. Luke Rooney
3. Matt Cooper
4. Luke Lewis
5. Eric Grothe
6. Trent Barrett
7. Brett Kimmorely
8. Jason Ryles
9. Danny Buderus [c]
10. Luke Bailey
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Craig Wing/ --> 18. Craig Gower as a shadow
15. Trent Waterhouse
16. Andrew Ryan
17. Anthony Watmough

Braith Anasta, Scott Hill, Steve Menzies next in the queue. O'Meley not considered through injury.

aqua_duck

Coach
Me either I didn't think Ryan had that great a game, he ran alot and tackled alot but didn't offer much in attack or defence. Watmough, Menzies, and O'Donnell all outplayed him IMO.

Iafeta

Referee
1. Anthony Minichello
2. Luke Rooney
3. Mark Gasnier
4. Matt Cooper
5. Matt King
6. Trent Barrett
7. Brett Kimmorely
8. Luke Bailey
9. Danny Buderus [c]
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Craig Fitzgibbon
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Craig Wing
15. Trent Waterhouse
16. Steven Menzies
17. Jason Stevens

ngunity

Juniors
chriswalkerbush said:
I think that Buderus and Wing have done a lot to justify their inclusion, especially Wing. Wing is in the side for his strike value and utility value, something that Gower doesn't possess either of in much quantity. He does have a habit of disappearing at rep level.

As for Buderus, I think Priddis is very unlucky to be running around for NSW at the same time as him. Buderus is uncumbent and the captain, and hasn't done his chances any harm this year. Has stood out in every Newcastle game (and that's a real feat), and was in good form tonight.

Mate I disagree on Wing and Buderus. I saw a lot of Buderus on the bench and one great scoot from dummy-half out of him. Considering he's only 2 weeks back from injury, in a struggling side, and Priddis LITERALLY won the game for the Panthers vs Warriors recently I'd be dropping Danny like a bad smell

I also think Gower plays the utility role well, I thought Gower combined well with Shifty, and I think it'd be a crying shame to not see Gower in the sky blue this year.

Wing I'll admit I haven't seen much Rooster football this year, but I can't remember the last time Wing impressed me. I may be robbed of info from never seeing Rorter games but he's a noneity for mine, with other players well deserving of selection ahead of him, most of whom won't get a look in due to lack of experience

God-King Dean

Immortal
My team would be.....

1.Minichello
2.Rooney
3.Gasnier
4.Cooper
5.Lewis
6.Barrett
7.Kimmorley
8.Bailey
9.Priddis
10.Ryles
11.Fitzgibbon
12.Hindmarsh
13.Kennedy

14.Ryan
15.Watmough
16.Clinton
17.Wing

The_Coach

Juniors
Going by Sticky's comment in the past about picking previous origin players no matter what current form. I also have a hunch Sticky won't be so liking of Penny players as much as Gus was.

1.Minichello
2.Rooney
3.Gasnier
4.Cross (Will be dropped after first game for Cooper)
5.Grothe
6.Barrett
7.Kimmorley
8.Bailey
9.Buderus
10.Ryles
11.Fitzgibbon
12.Hindmarsh
13.Kennedy

14.Stevens
15.Watmough
16.Tupou (Another of Sticky's boys, could also be dropped after first game)
17.Wing

After QLD beat us in the first game Sticky will have to admit his boy's just don't cut it and bring Cooper and Clinton in.

Latest posts