What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

who will smith take to the knights

Haynzy

First Grade
do clubs get salary cap concessions for long term players?

If so, guys like burt and vella who've been here for a while may be enticed to stay if they are close to the ten years or whatever.

Stagger eel

Staff member
eloquentEEL said:
Widders may actually be enticed to stay if he thinks he's a chance at a starting spot under Hagan

In reality I think all the players off contract are some chance of staying, we'll definitely lose some but we'll also sign some..

The Colonel

Immortal
Parraren said:
I bloody hope not! :evil:

Of all the players at the club I consider Dean to be the most likely higher profile player to leave.

Put it this way there will be some happy people and some disappointed people come June 30......

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
Of all the players at the club I consider Dean to be the most likely higher profile player to leave.

Put it this way there will be some happy people and some disappointed people come June 30......

there's always a combination of both every year!! :lol:

fish eel

Immortal
PB said:
I think the ability to keep Widders will depend more on what opportunities the club can provide him to do his work outside of League. If being based in Sydney, and with a club that gives him the time to do his work with the aboriginal commuity, and if he feels he can reach more peolpe being based in Sydney, we may keep him...

He may also feel a team based outside of Sydney can do that, less travel time etc.

Tahu is a world class centre. Not all knights supporters share the same view.
Widders is an even money proposition if he in fact follows Smith to us. Timana may or may not return to the knights when his contract is up now that Smith has signed. Smith was the main reason he signed with you. Money is good yeah but the fact is he called a meeting with your board after Hagan was signed. Luke Burt will stay. Jason Moodie once told me he left the knights cos of being edged out the door. Smith will change that although the Willie Tonga saga is his biggest mistake.

The Colonel

Immortal
Newie is God's Country said:
Money is good yeah but the fact is he called a meeting with your board after Hagan was signed.

When? Sure he talked about it but there was never a meeting organised.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
THey also think Tahu will make a great centre now whereas less then a month ago Smith had turned the worlds best winger into an average cdentre

Who's ever said Tahu is a good centre? He's an excellent finisher, [SIZE=-1]but doesn't have the skills for centre.[/SIZE] Despite how you all go on a[SIZE=-1]bout how good he was last year,[/SIZE] his 05 was the second worst year of his career ([SIZE=-1]behind an injury riddled 04).[/SIZE]

The Colonel

Immortal
bluesbreaker said:
Who's ever said Tahu is a good centre? He's an excellent finisher, [SIZE=-1]but doesn't have the skills for centre.[/SIZE] Despite how you all go on a[SIZE=-1]bout how good he was last year,[/SIZE] his 05 was the second worst year of his career ([SIZE=-1]behind an injury riddled 04).[/SIZE]

In terms of?

bluesbreaker

Bench
Newie is God's Country said:
Tahu is a world class centre. Not all knights supporters share the same view.
Widders is an even money proposition if he in fact follows Smith to us. Timana may or may not return to the knights when his contract is up now that Smith has signed. Smith was the main reason he signed with you. Money is good yeah but the fact is he called a meeting with your board after Hagan was signed. Luke Burt will stay. Jason Moodie once told me he left the knights cos of being edged out the door. Smith will change that although the Willie Tonga saga is his biggest mistake.

Haha, should really read an entire thread [SIZE=-1]before I post. You're very wrong here NiGC, he's a nothing centre.[/SIZE]

bluesbreaker

Bench
The Colonel said:
:lol: Well we all have opinions......

You honestly were happy with Tahu last year? Have you ever watched his earlier games for the Knights? Considering you're paying him 300k (allegedly), i'd [SIZE=-1]be pretty f**king upset with what he dished up last year.[/SIZE] He did play [SIZE=-1]better toward the end of the year, [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]but he was nothing for most of last year (in comparison to how good he was for us), [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]but I guess Johns makes anyone look good ;-)[/SIZE][SIZE=-1].
[/SIZE]

The Colonel

Immortal
bluesbreaker said:
You honestly were happy with Tahu last year? Have you ever watched his earlier games for the Knights? Considering you're paying him 300k (allegedly), i'd [SIZE=-1]be pretty f**king upset with what he dished up last year.[/SIZE] He did play [SIZE=-1]better toward the end of the year, [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]but he was nothing for most of last year (in comparison to how good he was for us), [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]but I guess Johns makes anyone look good ;-)[/SIZE][SIZE=-1].
[/SIZE]

Well we saw what happened when Johns wasn't on the field so you got one thing right.

I have watched his earlier games at the Knights - he was a great winger. As for starting out slowly - for a bloke playing his first year in a new team structure in a new position I was more than happy. His team mates who voted him joint players player obviously were happy as well.

Latest posts