What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will take Captaincy and 5/8 next year?

Dragons_Head

Juniors
Will 5/8 be:
Gaz
Hornby
Sheppard
Head
Young

Captaincy:
hornby
Gaz
Head
Ryles
Cooper

Farwell Barrett were gonna miss ya

The Preacher

First Grade
Gaz will wear the #6, but that doesn't mean he will be playing a traditional 5/8th's game. Hornby will, or should be captain. :)

drake

First Grade
If I had my way, Hornby to both questions.

Dean Young for vice captain.

Dakink

Bench
The Preacher said:
Gaz will wear the #6, but that doesn't mean he will be playing a traditional 5/8th's game. Hornby will, or should be captain. :)

Thats the way Id go too.

DragonLady

Juniors
5/8th Gaz unless he goes absolutely sh*t then ?, but I don't think he will fail, but as for captaincy - Dual role for Benny Hornby and Dean Young in my opinion.

Saint 60

Juniors
yup; the way he played against the dogs...he gets my vote unless we purchase a form 5/8...thats not gunner happen..

Hornby definately Capt...the man is made of steel...

Kangaroo2

Juniors
If there are a few games next year where Ben Hornby is out injured, I believe Nathan Brown will name Simon Woolford as our captain. I cringe at the thought but it is a possibility and Woolford does have a lot of experience as captain.

I will be interested to see how Woolford plays against us this Sunday. If he doesn't play well I will be rather angry that we bought a crappy player. If he plays well and the raiders beat us then I will be even more angry at him.

Whatever the outcome, it looks like I'm just going to have to hate the bloke.

Truth be told, I like the idea of Woolford coming over to us next year.

The Preacher

First Grade
Kangaroo2 said:
If there are a few games next year where Ben Hornby is out injured, I believe Nathan Brown will name Simon Woolford as our captain. I cringe at the thought but it is a possibility and Woolford does have a lot of experience as captain.

I will be interested to see how Woolford plays against us this Sunday. If he doesn't play well I will be rather angry that we bought a crappy player. If he plays well and the raiders beat us then I will be even more angry at him.

Whatever the outcome, it looks like I'm just going to have to hate the bloke.

Truth be told, I like the idea of Woolford coming over to us next year.

I was against signing him (Woolford) from the start, unless we are paying him absolutely crap we would be better served getting Gorrell's name on a contract rather than telling him to test the market.
As far as Woolford filling in as captain, forget that. Dragons are captained by Dragons, not germs. Dean Young is a perfect stand in captain and a future full time capt.

borat

Bench
The Preacher said:
I was against signing him (Woolford) from the start, unless we are paying him absolutely crap we would be better served getting Gorrell's name on a contract rather than telling him to test the market.
As far as Woolford filling in as captain, forget that. Dragons are captained by Dragons, not germs. Dean Young is a perfect stand in captain and a future full time capt.

Whatever you think of Woolford neither Young or Gorrell are a solution to starting hooker. Gorrell has been outstanding for us coming off the bench but he is not up to playing 60 mins +. Impact player yes but every game this year he has started has been pretty ineffectual. Gorrell would not be a starting hooker at any other club in the competition apart from Souths and possibly Manly.

petetheileet

First Grade
If gaz comes close to either role its a bloody joke....he has nxt to no brains and isn't a ball player at all....i hope the forget about him at 5/8 i have absolutely no idea why it even comes into question when there is some1 clearly better than him allready doing the job most of the time....Hornby for both!