What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who will the Roosters sign in 2005?

OVP

Coach
I agree with you ... i hope he comes here FULL STOP. The guy is a gun !! While i would love to see him at my club, i wouldnt mind if he chose your club in the end. Lets just get him here huh ... so the people who dont know how good he is can see it with their own eyes ? :)

lockyno1

Post Whore
Luke Lewis , or so I've been told.

Do the Roosters want to buy a back that can tackle! This bloke was found out so many times it wasn't funny in Origin! :roll: Geez, Roberts, Walker, Monohan, Finch, Firman, and Lewis! None of them are good taklers at all! Monohan is OK but he is mainly an attacking centre! :roll:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Lockyer monaghan isnt ok, i lost count of how many times i saw more than a 10 metre gap between him and his next right defender, yet he stood 2 metres from his left side defender... so many tries scored through that space

eelsta

Bench
TIGERPies said:
Kenny and sterlo love parra and wouldnt say different, but besides that all 3 are idiots who cares what they think
oh and you are just so intelligent i suppose :lol: :lol:
and maybe just maybe noone cares what you think
i await your barrage of abuse in reply :D

borat

Bench
Matt Orford in, Brett Finch out. IMO their halves will not work next season and they will need a big name player.

Mr Saab

Referee
Generalissimo Stalin said:
Igor Ramonov and Gregori Chenkenko are two Russian Players who could be be Bondi Junction bound in 2006

yeah wouldnt suprise me..and then we will see a back page article whereby the roosters want a salaray cap concession as they need to send the Russians to english school.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Lockyer monaghan isnt ok, i lost count of how many times i saw more than a 10 metre gap between him and his next right defender, yet he stood 2 metres from his left side defender... so many tries scored through that space

I didn't say he was good! But he is better than the others! :roll:

Raider_69

Post Whore
lockyno1 said:

I didn't say he was good! But he is better than the others! :roll:

yea ok, ill pay that, seriously though
unless a big offseason of defence is in store for the chooks i suspect a lot of tries will be leaked in season 05 out wide

lockyno1

Post Whore
unless a big offseason of defence is in store for the chooks i suspect a lot of tries will be leaked in season 05 out wide

And tell me you wouldn't be happy with that :lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
lockyno1 said:

And tell me you wouldn't be happy with that :lol:

i definatly wouldnt complain :lol: :lol:
look forward to see Ale running though monaghan all night when we play them next season :lol:

thomo

Juniors
I've got a bad feeling they may target Ashley Harrison to replace Ricketson. Richo has said that Souths will have $2.5m to spend next season so hoepfully we will have Harrison tied up well before June 30.

Tommy Smith

Referee
thomo said:
I've got a bad feeling they may target Ashley Harrison to replace Ricketson. Richo has said that Souths will have $2.5m to spend next season so hoepfully we will have Harrison tied up well before June 30.
Not a chance. Flannery already has that spot sewed up.

QldRabbit

Juniors
Hopefully Souths can lure Craig Wing back to Souths, he has Red and Green running through he's veins. I know Souths, thanks to Richo and aliance with the Jnr's should be pretty cashed up next year after they unload some more dead wood thanks to the Piggins and Tapp **** ups on dud buys. Depending on how we go next season, if we show potential i think they may have SBW in there sights and maybe couple more marquee players. We will need to show improvement on the field and a professional culture off the park if we are to attract some marquee sighnings. It won't be anything like Parra and Manly's shopping spree in 2004, as Richo's theory is bringing through local jnr talent who want to be apart of Souths rather than paying huge overs for players. Hopefully it will breed loyality similar to the Bronco's who retain high quality players for alot less than rival clubs offer them.

QldRabbit

Juniors
thomo said:

I think you'll find Ash is quite happy at Souths especially since Richo and the new coaching staff are on board, i think he was quoted in saying he was pretty pumped. I think you'll find Richo will want a couple of wins under the belt prior to offering Ash an extention. If it looks like the club is moving forward we will probably retain he's services for a little less cash. He'll resign well and truley before 30th June and prior to SOS, if we don't sign him prior to SOS and he makes the Qld squad he's price will go up.

poojar

Juniors
QldRabbit said:
We will need to show improvement on the field and a professional culture off the park if we are to attract some marquee sighnings. It won't be anything like Parra and Manly's shopping spree in 2004, as Richo's theory is bringing through local jnr talent who want to be apart of Souths rather than paying huge overs for players. Hopefully it will breed loyality similar to the Bronco's who retain high quality players for alot less than rival clubs offer them.

The broncos retain high quality players because it is a one team town and because the price of living is so much cheaper up there, and also because it is generally a nice place to live and work.

Redfern or Brisbane mmmm where would i want to spend all my time?

OVP

Coach
QldRabbit said:
Hopefully Souths can lure Craig Wing back to Souths, he has Red and Green running through he's veins. I

You have next to no chance of that ever happening im afraid. He'll be a Rooster for life as he loves it at the club. And you'll have to wait another 3 years at the very least anyway as he re-signed again this year. You've got a much better chance of getting Braith Anasta back i'd say. Don't rule that out, as i've heard some whispers he'd be keen to go back to Souths.