What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you have in World Cup 2007?

southsman

Juniors
I'm not asking for amateurs , I'm asking for players from their own leagues...
Would be such a great learning curve for the local comp players of P.N.G , Tonga and Lebanon. Imagine if you were a young ispiring Tongan and given a dream chance to represent your country and play and learn with the best in the world.

bender

Juniors
southsman said:
I'm not asking for amateurs , I'm asking for players from their own leagues...
Would be such a great learning curve for the local comp players of P.N.G , Tonga and Lebanon. Imagine if you were a young ispiring Tongan and given a dream chance to represent your country and play and learn with the best in the world.

PNG domestic players will make the PNG side no matter what eligibility rules you use.

Tongan and Lebanese domestic players are all amateur. In the case of Lebanon, most are probably playing a game they have played no more than a year or two and have seen very little top notch football. The same goes for Australia, imagine a young amatuer West Australian, Victorian or South Australian being given the opportunity to represent Australia. Could do wonders for the game in those areas and before long the South Australian, Victorian and West Australian competions might produce some NRL standard players? unfortunately it isnt that simple and to do so would probably wreck the credibility of the lesser nation. So why does doing it to the weaker nations but not the strong nations increase the credibility of the world Cup? The only way to do this is to break the dominance of the strong nations.

The more i think about the world cup, the more i think that i would enjoy a fully fledged (and televised) under 16 World Cup than a full world cup. In fact, like the under 16 Soccer World Cup, it could grow into a very decent competition which is sustainable in its own right, provided it was run and promoted properly.