What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you like signed?

Thomo.

First Grade
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
Joel Monaghan must be a big chance ricky got him for Roosters, then got injured, off contract end of year, can play centre.

Michael Ennis off contract, would fix hooker & goal kicker

monaghan - he was terrible at the roosters. went well at canberra and got some quality ball back then. i don't think he would be able to finish things off. sorry i wouldn't get him

Ennis - YEs YEs and Yes - a quality hooker - i remember when he went ot the broncs and i wishing he had snapped him up instead. he seems to be shifted after a big injury and now with berrigan at rake he may look elsewhere

Inferno

Coach
Only problem is Berrigan is rumoured to be heading OS in which case Bennet will be locking up Ennis as they don't have any other real prospects at Hooker.

I don't want to pin our hopes on Monas. Initially when they signed OX, he was a little peeved and considered heading elsewhere, but afterwards he made a big fuss about how he was happy playing at hooker, blah blah blah. I suppose though his move to halfback, may just have rekindled his desire.

I am happy with De Gois at 9 to be honest. I would prefer we focused on a gun half. Either would be good, I don't care. Either way I don't rate Kimmorley or Dykes as gun halves in their respective positions.

cheese

Bench
Dragon Slayer said:
Ennis? Saints thought he wasn't up to it. Bennett at the moment thinks he's not up to it. So we should take him as another reject?
Not true

Salary cap is what forced him out of Saints. He was carving.

Injury crueled him at the broncs. And whilst injured a little known player by the name of shaun berrigan took his spot.

He's a gun ...always has been. He'd be a leader at the knights if it wasn't for bedsy. Kicks goals almost as good as cov as well.

So far ahead of "kuddles kevvie" that i'm embarrassed for the bloke. Enny demoralises him. Poor kev, he may need a couple of cuddles if we do get him. Lucky we've got the mayo's to provide their man service.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
cheese said:
Not true

Salary cap is what forced him out of Saints. He was carving.

Injury crueled him at the broncs. And whilst injured a little known player by the name of shaun berrigan took his spot.

He's a gun ...always has been. He'd be a leader at the knights if it wasn't for bedsy. Kicks goals almost as good as cov as well.

So far ahead of "kuddles kevvie" that i'm embarrassed for the bloke. Enny demoralises him. Poor kev, he may need a couple of cuddles if we do get him. Lucky we've got the mayo's to provide their man service.

Kev could always revert back to a halfback.

Inferno

Coach
He used to be a halfback?

Interesting.

That I could dig, he pulled of some great grubbers and medium distance kicks early last year.

Haven't seen any for a while though.

Special K

Coach
I don't think we ned another prop. Well I do but I'd rather develop then buy one. If you want to buy one, buy one in 2008 when Stapleton leaves. I'd like to see if the young guys can step up under sticky in the front row. I'll list a few guys off contract i'd look at

Halves

Josh Lewis - Number one target. He'll be out 6 or 7 for the next ten years if we land him.

Ben Roberts - If we got Lewis, Roberts would be perfect to out next to him. Roberts can play off the top of his head, while Lewis can play structured.

Forwards

Feleti Mateo - Ball playing backrower to come off the bench till Thompson hangs up the boots or moves to prop.

Bronson Harrison - Wrecking Ball.

Hooker

Heath L'Estrange - Cheap and if given time he'll be better then Kingston.

Paul Aiton - I'm not really fussed on little jack in the box hookers but this little guy has been playing backrow lately and look at the size of him! He is lighting out of dummy half.

David Faiumu - Has a few mistakes in him however.

Backs

Craig Frawley - Very Dustin Cooper like. In that he is always hurt. A few years back he nearly made origin as a bronco and we chased him only to see him sign a deal for around 200 at canberra. He'll be on a MASSIVE pay cut this time around.

Brent Tate - Best centre on the market.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I dont think b.harro is on the market.
or Roberts.
tigers who are onn the market I believe are tooeyfarkenarki & DENE HALATAU.

Special K

Coach
Unless something has changed in the past few days those guys haven't been inked just yet i'm pretty sure. Halatau is wrapped up till end of 09

cb4

First Grade
pretty sure bronson harrison is on the market, coz out here at penrith thats all i hear they wanna buy

Macca

Coach
Special K said:
I don't think we ned another prop. Well I do but I'd rather develop then buy one. If you want to buy one, buy one in 2008 when Stapleton leaves. I'd like to see if the young guys can step up under sticky in the front row. I'll list a few guys off contract i'd look at

Halves

Josh Lewis - Number one target. He'll be out 6 or 7 for the next ten years if we land him.

Ben Roberts - If we got Lewis, Roberts would be perfect to out next to him. Roberts can play off the top of his head, while Lewis can play structured.

Forwards

Feleti Mateo - Ball playing backrower to come off the bench till Thompson hangs up the boots or moves to prop.

Bronson Harrison - Wrecking Ball.

Hooker

Heath L'Estrange - Cheap and if given time he'll be better then Kingston.

Paul Aiton - I'm not really fussed on little jack in the box hookers but this little guy has been playing backrow lately and look at the size of him! He is lighting out of dummy half.

David Faiumu - Has a few mistakes in him however.

Backs

Craig Frawley - Very Dustin Cooper like. In that he is always hurt. A few years back he nearly made origin as a bronco and we chased him only to see him sign a deal for around 200 at canberra. He'll be on a MASSIVE pay cut this time around.

Brent Tate - Best centre on the market.

Not a bad list there Sp.K.

I'd swap Tim Smith for Lewis and I am not too keen on Frawley, I think we can do better there.

Inferno

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
I dont think b.harro is on the market.
or Roberts.
tigers who are onn the market I believe are tooeyfarkenarki & DENE HALATAU.

I hope Sticky wasd paying extra attention to that wrecking ball. f**k he's a handful

Stonecutter

First Grade
It comes around nearly every year but David Vaealiki is off-contract?
Source: RLW

Kiwi centre David Vaeliki could be poised for a return to the NRL. The former Parramatta centre is out of a contract at Wigan later this year and admits he is tempted to return Down Under. The 26 year-old has rekindled his destructive form early in 2007 after an injury-riddled three years and has ruled out switching codes.

cb4

First Grade
vaealiki would be good but we should chase tate first. would be nice to get carney but still on contract and i dont think he will leave canberra in a hurry, i would go after smith/roberts

Latest posts