What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you prefer Anasta or Mason?

Who is more valuable to the Dogs?

• Total voters

Misty Bee

First Grade
Hughes at 5/8? Dogs got no show of winning a comp.

Good forwards are worth their weight in gold. But playmakers are priceless.

Anasta is a huge loss because they can't replace him with Thurston anymore.

Sterling

Juniors
mason anyday .... anasta is good but not as good as the media hype him up to be .. hence the term over-rated.

JK

Mason - Clive Churchill medal winner, a team leader, a ferocious competitor.

Anasta is fantastic but often emotionally unstable.

Ideally both but Mason just pips Anasta...

Broncodroid

Juniors
I voted Anasta with only reason being the Dogs are talented enough in the forwards to cover Mason where I doubt there ability to cover Anasta given there is no Thurston to call on.

As someone said, there best football is ahead of them, tough call to ask "who is more valuable"...good poll though.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Strong forward pack will mean we will win more games than we lose with the signing of Mason.

Theirs a few blokes coming through in the junior ranks which I think the dogs win give a try in the top grade next season at 5/8.

driftout

Juniors
I think there's a big question mark over Mason's ability to recover from his severe foot injury (a complete separation of the Lisfranc ligamant). He won't know until he tests it in a match situation with the associated shearing forces . It's a rare injury and complications are common .

ByRd

First Grade
BIG WILLIE for sure, he is a much more valuable player to our side. He is a leader by his actions & is a fan favourite. I couldnt care less about anasta, he is an arrogant f**k that is all about himself. His not a team player. BIG WILLIE all the way!!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Id take willie mason
he is the type of player that every successful club needs
and if you can get a roll on and give your halves plenty of room anyone with abit of talent can look good. Where as you can have the best half in the world and if they are given no room by the forwards you will struggle

aenima1

Juniors
reni maitua has actually played a couple games at 5\8 for the dogs and has done well, i think he'd be an option for the position if anasta does leave. i think mason is still slightly more valuable than anasta too.

Kiwi

First Grade
I think Anasta will be a bigger loss. Even though I think he is better suited to lock, the Bulldogs don't have Thurston anymore to take his place, and will be forced to rely solely on Shirwin. They lose Mason, who cares, O'Meley, Williams, Asotasi, Ryan ect. the forward power and depth is there, it's not there in the halves.

anastabation

Juniors
Willie Mason - Clive Churchill medal winner. Big game performer.

Braith Anasta - very good young play who really, has done nothing until this year.

I'm glad we took Mason.

JK

I notice Mason went ahead after re-signing.

Us Bulldogs fans are so loyal :p

legend

Coach
I'd say Anasta and if you look at some of the games he's played this year, he's kept them in the hunt IMO. He was the difference between the Dogs and Manly last weekend and kept them in matches against the Tigers and Broncos.

IMO, Sherwin is nothing without Anasta and will be heavily targetted next year and the rest of the backline looks a lot more suspect without Anasta there to run the show.

Latest posts