What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you prefer as coach?

Who would you prefer as coach of the Sharks?

• Lang

Votes: 35 47.9%
  • Raper

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 34 46.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Came up with a few options of coaches available.

Ricky Stuart- he hasnt signed on yet at Roosters

Adrian Lam - Seems to be liked by the players, he also has contacts in england, PNG, and brisbane to recruit players

Brian Noble - Has been a success in england, and is a ex sharks player.

Daniel Anderson - Deserves another NRL crack, got warriors to GF.

Phil Gould - Is he arrogant, we hate him with a vengance, but maybe he can get the job done, it would make for some interesting meetings with the board.

bazza6462

Juniors
Phil Gould - Is he arrogant, we hate him with a vengance, but maybe he can get the job done, it would make for some interesting meetings with the board.[/quote]

He coaches sharks I hand my badge back...no bee sting head for me

jc155776

Coach
Phil Gould is the kind of kick in the face our club would need to wake up, take note and start to really go somewhere. As much as people bagged Anderson he got us within a whisper of a Grand final in his first year. His second year was sh*te but we never gave him time. He worked everywhere else why not here? Same with Gould, plus we would finally maybe get into the inside circle of league needed to get the refs onside, and rep selectors onsiude to make our club more attractive to better players at lower prices. If you quit supporting the club on the basis of who is it coach, board players then how committed are you?

Inferno

Coach
Opes got us close to a GF with the side that Lang built mate.

Interesting to see the longer he had us the worse we went, that is not a coincidence.

No one is not supporting the sharks based on the coach, but that doesn't mean we can't have opinions on who we would like to coach.

Thomo.

First Grade
phil gould HATES the sharks with a passion. Bk is there and they don't get along.

I'd throw Gould in this mix too.

Like or dislike him, he's got the credentials. Club level not as good as it should/could be but overall he's a quality coach.

He would have to be allowed to run things his way and we know what happened to the last coach that gave it back to the board.

I think that our board might just meet their match in Gus. Also think of the calibre of player he could attract.

Quality player. Off contract. Chance to play under Raper or Gould.
Now that's a difficult question - NOT!!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
As much as i hate him(Gould), i think we could do with a bloke like him! Has a great footy brain and could be the only bloke who could work out what we are doing wrong! And stop us signing quality PL players!

jc155776

Coach
And it seems a lot of this forum hates or thinks kimmorley is past his best so then why care if he gets released anyway?

Inferno, Opes was here for 2 years, pretty harsh saying the longer he had us the worse he got. Land never won us anything in all his years, and he also had some shockers with us finishing low sometimes too. Opes delivered where he went, we never gave him the chance.

Back to Gould, Coastal hits the money, people will play for less under a decent coach...

Frenzy.

Post Whore
I'd have no problems at all with Gould as coach. I think he's be too astute to take it on though.

I don't even care if he's the biggest merkin in the game. He's innovative. He gets the best out of players. He's got clout in the right places. He's won competitons. He's hard arsed.

sh*t sounds like Opes

Inferno

Coach
hmmm this thread has run pretty long

So far Lang and other are evenly split on %46.77

Meanwhile Raper is lagging on %6.45

Hope someone is sitting up and paying attention.

I wonder how many of the others think Lam is the man.

sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
Came up with a few options of coaches available.

Ricky Stuart- he hasnt signed on yet at Roosters

Adrian Lam - Seems to be liked by the players, he also has contacts in england, PNG, and brisbane to recruit players

Brian Noble - Has been a success in england, and is a ex sharks player.

Daniel Anderson - Deserves another NRL crack, got warriors to GF.

Phil Gould - Is he arrogant, we hate him with a vengance, but maybe he can get the job done, it would make for some interesting meetings with the board.

At least of i have most of the forum members in agreement, all we need is a miracle to get Gould here, and this would be post of the year lolololo