What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you prefer as coach?

Who would you prefer as coach of the Sharks?

• Lang

Votes: 35 47.9%
  • Raper

Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 34 46.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ali

Bench
Lang's biggest problems IMO were recruitment of nothing but deadbeats (look at Penrith's squad this year) and a reluctance to promote good young players. However as long as Theo is handling recruitment, of which we are now far stronger than the Lang era, he will get the players he needs.

The only other question I have with Lang, as I'd like to see how he'd go without the brilliance of the unpredictable aboriginal players he's coached. I think they suit his game plan, and it would be interesting to see what he'd come up with, with a team likes ours that lacks unpredictability.

markstan

Juniors
I think Lang would be a step back.

Might be a long shot i dont know if the rumours are true but if the Broncs were thinking about letting Bennett go and he thought about leaving Brisbane he'd be the one I would pick. Great coach and a change of scenery wcould do him the world of good, plus he would attract players. Having said that I dont think the broncos could axe him. However if he dosen't make the 8: you never know I guess.

fizman

Bench
I would like to see a team of Kevin Walters (Head Coach) Glenn Lazarus (Forwards) and Gary Belcher (Backs).

gunnamatta bay

Referee
IMO while the same mob continues to run the joint we have no hope. The appointment of bazza junior to the ceo's position and the way it was done is a shining example of whats wrong with the place.

pogo

Juniors
gunnamatta bay said:
IMO while the same mob continues to run the joint we have no hope. The appointment of bazza junior to the ceo's position and the way it was done is a shining example of whats wrong with the place.

spot on!

under the current management you all can argue over, raper,bird,simmons,dykes,albert,scott...............etc

it wont matter one iota, unless the current board with the possible exception of one bloke is arseholed this club will never succeed.

millersnose

Post Whore
on coaches i really admire ricky stuart..geez they were commited in defence

i dont really see anything from raper that makes him stand out

some tactics are ok and work and i think defencively the sharks look better in 2006

all in all the forwards are doing their job i think the backs, particulairly the centers, are the problem in attack

and pleasingly there are other options with vagana etc

Macca

Coach
I agree with that Millers. Stuart coached his side brilliantly in the first 40. I don't know why they gave that plan away in the second 40. He's not going anywhere though so you can forget him.

millersnose

Post Whore
i dont think they did

they ran out of puff and had to re adjust because of injuries incurred throughout the game

Shark

Bench
Based on availabillity, I'd think we should look offshore (UK) or promote Lam.

No decent options within Australia, Lang would be my only pick but his history with us precludes him.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
millersnose said:
i dont think they did

they ran out of puff and had to re adjust because of injuries incurred throughout the game
Nice read Millers.
Exactly what happened. probably a bigger reason why soward was benched. They went out there to attack defensively, but you cant do that for 80. They had to get a score on, which they did. Then with the 2nd half injuries, they were knackered.
They finished the game with 13 reasonably healthy players & 3 or 4 gone from the game.

Thomo.

First Grade
pogo said:
based on what thommo?

just threw it in.

SLE says the players really like when he is directing them around, but raper comes in with game plan...something like that....eh?

Danger

Juniors
does supercoach post here or something, he's got a vote in the preffered coach poll...:lol: