What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have as your Halfback? Mitchell Pearce or Johnathon Thurston

Who would you prefer at your club?

• Mitchell Pearce

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • Johnathon Thurston

Votes: 75 81.5%

• Total voters

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
The original poster obviously hasn't watched any cowboys games this year. Thurston has pretty much single handedly won the Cowboys all their games this year. Even the loss against the Broncos was a game where Thurston nearly did the impossible in round 1 BY HIMSELF and IMO should of been man of the match in a losing team.

Like Charlie said earlier... Thurston by miles and miles and miles and miles and miles... (well you get my point)

At this stage its not even close.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Thurston of course,he is the best player in the NRL by a country mile.

Not even Lord Jarryd Hayne is in the Thurston class

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors

Not even Lord Jarryd Hayne is in the Thurston class

Well there you go. If this biased bloke can admit that Hayne isn't in Thurstons league then you know its time for the mods to close this thread.

Adolf Hitler

Juniors
Hmmmm......

A whining, injury prone, salary cap chewing, ex Bulldog, Brokeback cowboy sook who threatens defection to other codes.
(and is also a Queenslander :eek:)

or Pearce ?

I'll take Pearce

Heil me

Charlie124

First Grade
Hmmmm......

A whining, injury prone, salary cap chewing, ex Bulldog, Brokeback cowboy sook who threatens defection to other codes.
(and is also a Queenslander :eek:)

or Pearce ?

I'll take Pearce

Heil me

Maybe if Pearce gets a lot better he might be good enough to chew up some salary cap too.

Paullyboy

Coach
I love it when someone starts one of these threads and expects to get support for their idea............only for reality to kick in and they look like a clown.

perverse

Referee
absolute rubbish. he's better than pearce, but he's not the best player in the league. the bloke does stuff all for 60 minutes of a game... and i'm amazed some other people don't see it. yes the other 20 minutes are often pretty influential, but he fair dinkum goes MIA for about the first 30 minutes of each half.

i would take cam smith, greg inglis (although form is down), billy slater, robbie farah and benji marshall over thurston, and that's literally just off the top of my head.

thurston is the best halfback in the league, but it's not by the absurd margins that his fans think.

typicalfan

Coach
Lol Robbie Farah, lets talk about rep failures in another thread v QLDs best player in the last 4 seasons.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
absolute rubbish. he's better than pearce, but he's not the best player in the league. the bloke does stuff all for 60 minutes of a game... and i'm amazed some other people don't see it. yes the other 20 minutes are often pretty influential, but he fair dinkum goes MIA for about the first 30 minutes of each half.

i would take cam smith, greg inglis (although form is down), billy slater, robbie farah and benji marshall over thurston, and that's literally just off the top of my head.

thurston is the best halfback in the league, but it's not by the absurd margins that his fans think.

You are absolute goose,please never talk ever again.

perverse

Referee
Lol Robbie Farah, lets talk about rep failures in another thread v QLDs best player in the last 4 seasons.
oh, here i was thinking we were talking about who you would rather have at your club, not your state rep side. i also thought we were talking about johnathon thurston, not steve price (who has consistantly been QLD's best during their winning streak, and has been robbed of player of the series on at least 1 occasion by the "great" JT).
You are absolute goose,please never talk ever again.
i'm 20 times the poster and thousands of times the football analyst that you will ever be.

johns_reds

First Grade
oh, here i was thinking we were talking about who you would rather have at your club, not your state rep side. i also thought we were talking about johnathon thurston, not steve price (who has consistantly been QLD's best during their winning streak, and has been robbed of player of the series on at least 1 occasion by the "great" JT).

i'm 20 times the poster and thousands of times the football analyst that you will ever be.

Can't be that good of an analyst if you think farah is better then JT

Anyone who seriously believes that right now, in 2010, that one player is head and above everyone else in the league is an idiot.

When Hayne was at his peak, he was never head and above everyone else. The media might have said it, but there were others in blistering form too.

typicalfan

Coach

Thurston is a two time Dally M winner and comfortably the best halfback in the game and better than Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall. Those guys are yet to prove anything other than they are immensely talented, they haven't guided their side to a premiership although they were involved in one, and they have for the last 4 seasons failed to even make the semi finals. Greg Inglis and Billy Slater might be on their day as good but there are plently of quality centres and fullbacks in the game, not plenty of halfbacks of JTs class, in fact there aren't any.

I know many many "football analysts" that would highly disagree with you. You are entitled to your opinion but please save us the I am a better poster than you BS.

Charlie124

First Grade

uhh..... nobody mentioned Steve Price, except you. And we weren't talking about Cam Smith, Greg Inglis, Billy Slater, Robbie Farah or Benji Marshall either.

typicalfan

Coach
Anyone who seriously believes that right now, in 2010, that one player is head and above everyone else in the league is an idiot.

When Hayne was at his peak, he was never head and above everyone else. The media might have said it, but there were others in blistering form too.
That is true and also backs up the old saying that form is temporary, Mitchell Pearce for example we know is talented and in great form then you look at Thurston whose form has been ok by his own standard but still performing great in comparison to other halfbacks. Thurston over the last 5 years would have been in the top 2-3 halfbacks every year, that is not form that is class.

t-ba

Post Whore
Thurston is a two time Dally M winner and comfortably the best halfback in the game and better than Robbie Farah and Benji Marshall. Those guys are yet to prove anything other than they are immensely talented, they haven't guided their side to a premiership although they were involved in one, and they have for the last 4 seasons failed to even make the semi finals. Greg Inglis and Billy Slater might be on their day as good but there are plently of quality centres and fullbacks in the game, not plenty of halfbacks of JTs class, in fact there aren't any.

I know many many "football analysts" that would highly disagree with you. You are entitled to your opinion but please save us the I am a better poster than you BS.

Farah and Marshall didn't lead their side to the 2005 Premiership? Riiiight...

The Cowboys have only made one finals appearance since 2005 and have won less games than the Tigers to boot. Even with JT, the Cowboys are wildly inconsistent. From a club level, I'd take both of them over JT. sh*t, I'd take Cronk over Thurston, and I don't think Manly would have won 2008 with Thurston there. No doubting his class at representative level however.

I think a better thread would've been something like "who would you rather at your club as halfback? Jonathon Thurston Or Andrew Johns" (bar the injuries) :)

Latest posts