What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

_Johnsy

Referee
what does that have to do with anything? Soward is the better player, period.

Disagree, I would actually struggle to split them. Both very, very good players. One is a halfback and one is a 5/8. They have little in common if you actually watch them play. I'd love to have both TBH.

Dragonstyle

Juniors
Disagree, I would actually struggle to split them. Both very, very good players. One is a halfback and one is a 5/8. They have little in common if you actually watch them play. I'd love to have both TBH.

they are both playmakers, only difference is one usually recieves the ball a bit later. Going off a full seasons stats, Soward is better, easily split. If you actually watched them play.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Pearce set up 3 tries that I can think of on the top of my head on Saturday night, kicked a 40/20, was very solid in defence crunching Terry Campese a couple of times and got knocked out twice but still performed for the full 80 minutes. When has Jamie Soward produced an individual effort like that?
Round 21(?) last season, Dragons vs Storm ... Soward was injured in a tackle early in the second half when we were down 8-12, he was hurting badly and wanted to go off, the Dell got stuck into him and convinced him to stay on the park despite an injured leg (upon which he wasn't able to run whilst in the defensive line), and he set up 3 tries in the second half, one with a sublime cut-out pass to Sailor on the wing.

_Johnsy

Referee
It's an opinion, both play very different games, and yes clever boy they are playmakers. That is where the similarity ends IMO.

Someone

Bench
From an outside view, the two ARE hard to spilt. Soward is a good runner of the ball, Pearce likewise, Both have a strong kicking game, sowards would be better imo. Soward can goal kick, pearce cant. However i would argue that pearce has better leadership qualities. Soward can go MIA, or not play to his potential for the dragons at times, Pearce too can disappoint in the big games (every player can).

If you wanted a smart-headed, leader and solid upcoming halfback, then you'll want Pearce

If you wanted a skillful, fast and goalkicking 5/8, you'll want Soward.

Take your pick, both are great players.

dragondad

First Grade
Both sets of supporters make compelling arguments in this thread,and both players are very good performers.But I find it very hard to believe that Soward has no passing game.

*Thinks about the 25m cut out pass that was "forward" on Friday night to Morris who scored in the corner*

Dragonstyle

Juniors
:lol::lol::lol:

You've been hammered on all fronts, Adam concedes he THINKS the Dragons might win and you have a go at him!!!!

You have to be Gaba's dad.

Daddagaba.

If by hammering you mean people using 6 games of similar stats to compare two players and not using a FULL season of stats then yes, I got hammered.. lol

Latest posts