What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whos over rated or under rated

Dazraider

Juniors
over rated ;the player is justin hodges though there are some others i would mention,theyare
rodney howe
brett hodgson
ryan cross
rhys wesser
micheal crocker
joel monaghan
under rated;......''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Mark Mclindon
simon Woolford
Adam Mogg
micheal robertson
Micheal Wayman

Notice there all raiders who are underated

salivor

First Grade
I think Petero Civoniceva is quickly becoming the most underrated prop in the game.

Fibroman

First Grade
Over rated: The roosters
Under rated: The Panthers

There have been a thoooooousand threads like this before. The truth of the matter is, that some players are great at club level, and other can lift that extra notch for rep footy. A particular player may not be that talented, but may have the type of game that fits in with the 12 others around him in his team, which makes him valuable to that team. Horses for courses.

Simon

Juniors
Most Over Rated
Braith Anasta- although he's starting to come good in recent weeks
Justin Hodges- except for his 2002 form
Steve Menzies- in recent years
Michael Vella
Josh Perry
Luke Lewis
Nigel Vagana- over the last 2 seasons
Monty Betham- Don't know how he makes first grade, let alone captain

Most Under Rated
Ben Hornby
Paul Rauhihi- couldn't believe he didn't make the kiwi's squad
Josh Hannay
John Skandalis
Jamaal Lolesi

Special K

Coach
under rated

Matt Hilder!!

a 82% kicker, a lock who can play hooker, 5/8 and centre. Always makes 35 + tackles per game and scored 2 tries last weekend and has played around 38 first grade games.

[furrycat]

Coach
Hulka said:
under rated

Matt Hilder!!

a 82% kicker, a lock who can play hooker, 5/8 and centre. Always makes 35 + tackles per game and scored 2 tries last weekend and has played around 38 first grade games.

As long as you don't say "And his kicking % was better than hazems last week!"... Because all of his kicks that he got were in front, anything on an angle, he misses.

Earl

Coach
To all you tools who are putting Rodney Howe in as over-rated, take a look at yourselfs.

Rodney Howe was once the benchmark prop in the game, often carrying the ball for 30+ hit-ups a game.

Just because he's old and useless now doesn't mean hes over-rated.

salivor

First Grade
Earl said:
To all you tools who are putting Rodney Howe in as over-rated, take a look at yourselfs.

Rodney Howe was once the benchmark prop in the game, often carrying the ball for 30+ hit-ups a game.

He's never been the same since he got busted as a drug cheat in fact I don't think he's played a representative game since then. I think that tells you where his "talent" came from.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Earl said:

And further to that...Who rates rodney howe anymore, he hasn't had much since he was off the roids!

Southernsaint

Staff member
Unfortunately I think Jason Ryles is over-rated. The long-term injuries he's sustained have really hindered the development of his career & sometimes I get the feeling that he's being picked more on what he could be rather than what he is...

Cheers,
Ben S.

lockyno1

Post Whore
He's never been the same since he got busted as a drug cheat in fact I don't think he's played a representative game since then. I think that tells you where his "talent" came from.

The worse thing about Rodney Howe is is still wasn't the best prop when he was on drugs!!! Shane Webke, Paul Harrigan were both better than him!!

Earl come on what has Howe done since then!! Look at the Orgin teams has he even got a look in since the roids were out of his system.

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Dazraider said:
over rated
joel monaghan
under rated;......''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Mark Mclindon
simon Woolford
Adam Mogg
micheal robertson
Micheal Wayman

It's funny how you have got all Raiders under-rated :roll: and one Raiders player who has left your club is now suddenly over-rated but if he stayed he would be in the under-rated section.

Earl

Coach
Rodney Howe played for NSW after he was done for roids.

But Dogs Of War said it best. He isn't rated anymore so he can't be over-rated.