What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whos over rated or under rated

labinator

Juniors
from the roosters:

overrated:
hodges - enough said

underrated:
catic - very good player since coming over from penrith
stuart webb - 20+ tackles a game and can play hooker or backrow. also always backing up the ball carrier

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
Yeah i agree with Webb being under-rated but i can't agree with you on Catic.

Hodges definately over-rated, most over-rated player alongside Ben Kennedy.

Iafeta

Referee
Underrated
Stuart Webb
Chad Robinson
Paul Stringer
Karl Te Mata

All have played key roles for their sides and have tried their best regardless of their teams position, cudos to Te Mata for keeping on going with the defensive power despite the rest crumbling around him

Overrated
Motu Tony
Justin Hodges
Jason Bugalrelli (By Matt Elliott at least :lol: )

Johns Magic

Referee
Newcastle:

Over-rated-

Perry,
K. Gidley(at the moment),
Parsons,
Carmont

Under-rated-

Abraham,
Hall,
Woolnough,
Quinn,
Newton
Quinn

Tupac Shakur

First Grade
JoeysWheelchair said:
under rated:

Casey McGuire
[Paul Rauhihi

Paul Rauhihi - how he is he under-rated? Everyone knows he is the best forward the Cowboys have and his workload for them doesn't go un-noticed by the public.

He missed out on selection in the NZ team earlier in the year but his performances then weren't impressive as they have been after the test match.

Special K

Coach
[furrycat said:
]
Hulka said:
under rated

Matt Hilder!!

a 82% kicker, a lock who can play hooker, 5/8 and centre. Always makes 35 + tackles per game and scored 2 tries last weekend and has played around 38 first grade games.

As long as you don't say "And his kicking % was better than hazems last week!"... Because all of his kicks that he got were in front, anything on an angle, he misses.
you kidding? he kicked one from near the side line and in every other game he kicked them from all over the ground.

He went close to 3 games without missing a kick. Not bad for a bloke who had only been kicking for 1 game before it in the top grade!

Iafeta

Referee
Thierry Henry said:
Overrated
Motu Tony

oops Iafeta, you put him in the wrong list! What a blunder!

You're right champ... Oops, the try line is at each END of the field, not each SIDE of the field which is where Motu runs aimlessly game in game out. :lol:

Ilya

Juniors
I generally think that almost every prop is over rated. I just don't see what they do that is so magical. As much as i like the guy, Steve Price does nothing incredible in a game, i think the only real thing that can separate props is the amount of time that they can work at 100%. Webcke got tackled dominantly in almost every run he had in origin, yet everyone was saying he had an amazing game, i don't get it.

Bench
Ilya said:
I generally think that almost every prop is over rated. I just don't see what they do that is so magical. As much as i like the guy, Steve Price does nothing incredible in a game, i think the only real thing that can separate props is the amount of time that they can work at 100%. Webcke got tackled dominantly in almost every run he had in origin, yet everyone was saying he had an amazing game, i don't get it.
Your right,you really don't get it. :?

Bench
Under rated Laffranchi,McKinnon and Bell.
Over rated Wesser,Vagana,Betham.

aussie_londoner

Juniors
for the saints

Overrated - sadly its the ever injured forwards, great players, but injury prone, bailey, thomo and ryles r in this group. great players.....when they are on the field. maybe not overrated, but i wouldnt rave about them as much as others do

underrated - the blokes at the dragons tasked with the job of keeping the place going while they are away. Creagh, Young, Henderson, Norrie, Wheatley, Jensen. not a lot of experiance between them, but they arent being disgraced.

Just my opionion.....

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Under-rated
Josh Hannay
Chris Sheppard
Paul Rauhihi
Glenn Morrison
Danny Nutley
Luke Patten

Over-rated
Matt Gidley
Tinkerbell Tahu

Tigers i would say Overrated

Marshell atm but he will come good
Prince has been only good at Origin level yet to show it in Tigers colours

Underrated
Laffranchi
Skandalis
Halatau

Raider_69

Post Whore
pepstar87 said:
Dazraider said:
over rated
joel monaghan
under rated;......''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Mark Mclindon
simon Woolford
Adam Mogg
micheal robertson
Micheal Wayman

It's funny how you have got all Raiders under-rated :roll: and one Raiders player who has left your club is now suddenly over-rated but if he stayed he would be in the under-rated section.

dont worry, even raiders fans think this guy is a dribbler

Under-Rated: Steven Bell, Adam Mogg & Micheal Hodgeson

LESStar58

Referee
Overrated- Tahu, Timmins, Fitzgibbon, Kimmorley

underrated- Steven Bell, and Peter Sterling agrees with me on so stick that in ya pipe and smoke it! Matt Orford, David Kidwell, Ben Macdougall, Preston Campbell, Simon Woolford, Matthew Head.

^ Pando

retired
Braith Anasta has been called over rated for so long that I think he is now under rated.

Has had a some blinders recently.

STSAE

Juniors
Overrated - Danny Williams and his Footy abilities.

Underrated - Danny Williams and his Fistic abilities.

:lol: :lol: