What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's the best hooker

Who is the best hooker in the game?

• Cameron Smith

Votes: 85 57.4%
  • Danny Buderous

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Robbie Farah

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • Other

Votes: 14 9.5%

• Total voters

Jono078

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Part of being a good player is being able to play, isn't it? FFS!!! Therefore, Farah was playing better than Buderus when Bedsy was on his butt in the grandstand. Kapeche???

I see you are already at Callun Park.
I hate to do this Misty, but when Johns was sidelined in 04 and 05 you were still saying how much of a better player he was than Lockyer ;-)

Johns Magic

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Part of being a good player is being able to play, isn't it? FFS!!! Therefore, Farah was playing better than Buderus when Bedsy was on his butt in the grandstand. Kapeche???

That's completely illogical.

perverse

Referee
can someone get Misty some corks before the sh*t between his ears starts leaking all over the forum please...

oh noes... looks like we're too late. :roll:

Stranger

Coach
Misty Bee said:
:lol:!!! If i didn't read that i wouldn't have believed someone could be so stupid:lol: :lol: :lol: !!!!!!

Surely you are doing a massive piss

:lol:!!!!!

Dazzat

First Grade
I voted for other ... I rate Shaun Berrigan as potentially the best hooker in the game (I know he's left for England, but based on this year's performances).

Didn't he win the Clive Churchill medal for last year's Grand Final?

He brings a lot more speed and penetration than either Buderus or Smith, and can kick just as well as Smith or Farah. And defensively he's superior ... one of the best one-on-one tacklers in the past decade.

After Berrigan would come Smith, Farah and Priddis. Buderus has fallen off the radar IMO and will not come back due to him being Joey-less.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I take your points dazzat however some points need to be addressed.

Berrigan is not a better defender. Smith, Farah etc make 40 tackles per game in the middle of the ruck.

Berrigan defends @ centre is is very good at it. If he had the responsibility of making 40 odd tackles per game in the middle of the ruck, he would not go as well in attack.

For Berrigan to be your hooker you need a centre who can play hooker in defence.

Berrigan is also now where near the kicker Cameron is, can do it, but please not anywhere near the vision or skill of Cam.

FTR

Smith.

Blind Freddy

Juniors
Give farah the quality players around him like Smith has and he'll shine above the rest. This is what happened to Buderus playing with Johns, As soon as Johnsy retired Buderus' game depleted to half of what it was.

In attack Buderus only looked good with Johns to pass it to.

Stranger

Coach
Blind Freddy said:
Give farah the quality players around him like Smith has and he'll shine above the rest. This is what happened to Buderus playing with Johns, As soon as Johnsy retired Buderus' game depleted to half of what it was.

In attack Buderus only looked good with Johns to pass it to.

Looked fantastic in 2004 with Johns;-)

Buderus played outstanding for the Knights this year too btw. ;-)