What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's the better centre

who is the better centre?

• Total voters

Mr Saab

Referee
laugh all you like Jay...
Lyon is playing is a sub par comp overseas...his status as a top centre is gone.
Berrigan has had a very good yr in 2005. Of course you prob wouldnt know as all you watch are eels games

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
laugh all you like Jay...
Lyon is playing is a sub par comp overseas...his status as a top centre is gone.
Berrigan has had a very good yr in 2005. Of course you prob wouldnt know as all you watch are eels games

I live in Brisbane and am "treated" to a Broncos game every week whether I like it or not and quite often miss the regular Sunday game because of it actually.

Berrigan in the top 3 centres in the world: :lol: Bullsh*t

Fibroman

First Grade
Fittler and Daley were tremendous centres. They were victim's of their own ability being pushed into 5/8th. Imagine a backline: Johns, Lewis, Fittler, Daley and who ever you want on the wing. It would be a frightening proposition for any defence, and your lock would have to get out of the scrum pretty quickly to defend on a set play.

Not saying Gasnier isn't a good centre, but I love it how these type of threads pop up the week after a player scores 3 tries or has a blinder and compares them to someone else who didn't/hasn't played so well in the same week.

Lyon isn't even that good, at least compare Gasnier to someone he plays in the same competition as each week.

bazza

Immortal
It is a shame that post 2001, Lyon played outside Adam Dykes and so got no quality ball - the only running he got to do most games was out of dummy-half.

lyon is a saint

Juniors
Jamie Lyon is by far the best player in super league at the moment..... he's winning games for Saints single handidly.

Watched Lyon for many years and when i heard we had signed, i could'nt believe it.

Lyon wins my vote, he leads a team, great kicking game, can play stand off, defence is excellent and well i aint ever seen a better attacking player in super league.

OK you aussies dont rate our league and thats fair enough but not many players come over and rip it up like Lyon.

Just a pity he's playing with a load of no pride bell ends at the moment.