What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Under More Pressure Now, GB or Aus?

screeny

Bench
WC final had 44,000. A crowd will turn up to see Australia lose, which is almost as important to them as a GB win.

ozboy

Juniors
Australia will always head into an International series with more pressure than the opposition.

That is what happens when you dominate for decades.

The GB public and team do quite a good job though heaping it onto themselves though, and I won't expect things to change any time soon.

dingalingbell

Juniors
We (GB) are definately under the most pressure, if you look at our squad we may struggle to even win a game, as soon as the Lockyer/Johns combo clicks (which will prob be the first Aus v GB game in the UK) GB will buckle and the aussies will book their place in the final. If (by some freak quirk of nature) we win our first game (v NZ) and the Aussies lose on Fri things could take an altogether different complexion

JonG

Juniors
dingalingbell said:
We (GB) are definately under the most pressure, if you look at our squad we may struggle to even win a game, as soon as the Lockyer/Johns combo clicks (which will prob be the first Aus v GB game in the UK) GB will buckle and the aussies will book their place in the final. If (by some freak quirk of nature) we win our first game (v NZ) and the Aussies lose on Fri things could take an altogether different complexion

Bloody hell!

I think GB&I have a great squad, and much better than last years. Without the likes of Farrell, Long and Newton who always bottled it against the Aussies we have new guys coming in with passion and spirit, and know that their places are not certain. They will fight for everything, and not give in.

I honestly expect Cunningham, Sinfield and Horne/Burrows/Deacon to play with such enthusiasm that they will boost the GB&I team's perormance as a whole

bartman

Immortal
The team under the most pressure is Australia - not many, least of all themselves, expected to be 1-0 down. And unless something changes quick they're staring 2-0 in the face...

GB&I aren't under any pressure, they are not last year's winners or the expected favourites. But if a out of form Australia give them a sniff, it will be like the cricket Ashes all over again, with momentum building on their home turf.

hgfds

Juniors
Australia are going to have a mini break after the 2nd match gb will be match hardened after facing the kiwis

JK

Most pressure - GB. They need to make the final at home.

For NZ, a win was above expectations so anything more is a bonus. For Australia, the team is headed by a coach who wants international league to be successful and has the authority to stay in his spot even if we miss the final. Bennett won't like losing but he won't start crying about it either.