What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's your (C)aptain?

fresh_mayo

Juniors
Im guessing Wayne will announce the captain for charity shield plus the season kick off.

My pick is Matt Cooper, he is consistant and never lets the team down. Plus he has rep experience aswell.

Just wondering who everyone thinks will be the captain this season?

dubopov

Coach
Why would Bennett pick Young in the Trials and then axe him ?? Logically, only the non-playing Hornby could be in front of Young.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Young - He's team player and loves to fire up the boys on the field.

Cooper is not captain material, it's just not in his personality. I think he enjoys doing his job quietly and doing it well.

I'd be happy with Young or Creagh.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Ben Hornby will be captain.
Why. Priddis will play a too bigger part in this side.
Young will spent far to much time on the side line.
Head will play park footy - The Biggest loser.

Syko

Juniors
Britney Spears.

Really, it doesn't matter, there is only one leader on that team and its uncle Wayne

Cooper-Man

Bench
As long as the captain is an 80min player..............im happy. Im just about finished reading bennett's book and I like the importance he puts on the title 'captain'. I know he will continue that here at the saints.

watatank

Coach
I backed Creagh and Smith before and for mine I have since changed my mind and I think that it's between Creagh and Cooper. Young and Hornby should just concentrate on playing in their own position and retaining their spot and Smith simply hasn't been there long enough (he started off season training late which didn't help). I would prefer Creagh as I think he is more inspiring but Cooper isn't a bad choice either.

drake

First Grade
Haha!

Fresh Mayo is using my South Park self as an avatar!

Mayo, you know that is supposed to be me?

The Preacher

First Grade
I think Young and Hornby will share the duties. Both are "one clubbers" and have the passion and desire required to fill the role in a "Bennett" way.

rushndude

Bench
Young would be the logical choice i think..plus he has been named captain for the past 2 trials, i doubt Wayne would just choose someone else now.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Application Form - St George Illawarra Dragons Captain

Name: __________________________

Position: _________________________

The Dragons board will be reviewing all applicants based on the demonstrated actions of previous leaders.

The player selected must be able to demonstrate at least 80% of the following characteristics:

• Willingness to strip down to their underwear & do push ups on command (preferably in a bar)
  • Injury prone - must not be able to play more than 16 weeks of the year (ideally candiate will have a season ending injury in the pre-season)
  • Soft cheeks - must not hurt the coach's hand whilst being slapped
  • Comradery - when out with teammates, must ensure that they stay out late, and in particular borrow teammates phones to leave booty call messages on girl's answering machines (commonly known as the 'fire up' trait)
  • Willingness to assist the team's progress through the year by instigating fights that result in opposing team members being shot at
  • Secret clauses - the player must have an unknown clause in their contract to cause upheaval during the season
  • Demonstrated ability to choke in high pressure situations*
    • *not required to choke during state of origin or test matches
  • Have a weird shaped head
Signed_______________________