What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's your (C)aptain?

Divine

Bench
tough pick....its between Cooper & Young. I'm leaning towards Coopz simply because he'll be there for 80mins & WB wouldn't mind the strong silent type.

Babe Ruth

Juniors
The obvious two choices are Hornby & Young however, I think both players will struggle to hold down permanent starting positions in first grade. Both will play a big part in the season but may not spend enough time on the field to suit a captaincy role.

Coops in not the right man for the job - good player but not a leader

Ben Creagh - not yet!

I see Luke Priddis as a very likely contender he is an 80min player, experienced and has the right character for the job!

CreaghzyMark

Juniors
hey saints ive finally made it to these site, sue to email restriction i wasnt allowed on but all is good now and just in time for the 09 SEASON....

benny has a love for play makers being his captain so my choice is goin to be hornby when he comes back to playing and his deputy will be dean young, just seems pointless in givin the guy the responsibility of the trail matches and den tell him sorry mate your not good enough the jobs goin to someone else but hornby hasnt played yet so he is the only player who can take it from dean young, but id like ben creagh have an opurtunity he is young and full of energy and passion

watatank

Coach
*bump*

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I read in the Mercury that Bennett has decided who is going to be captain but didn't say who or when it will be announced so I presume that announcement will be made in the next few days. tbh if it turns out Young is captain it's sort of anticlimactic IMO :lol:.

Godz Illa

Coach
Anyone see Dean Young's reaction when Matt Prior made that big hit late in the game to force an error? The hit happened near the right wing, he deadset sprinted over from all the way near the left wing to pat Prior on the back. I love that sh*t.

RufusRex

Post Whore
Anyone see Head give Young a gobfull for a pass he gave him close to the rabbits line .. two plays later Young gives him an even slower pass from DH allowing Sandow to crunch Head ...

Head didnt give him a spray after that one ... I love that sh*t ... Is young trying to get payback on behalf of Brett Morris?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Announcement tomorrow.

MEDIA ALERT

4 March 2009
The St George Illawarra Dragons will tomorrow name their Captain for season 2009. The announcement will take place at 1pm at WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah.

WHAT: St George Illawarra Dragons 2009 Captain announcement
WHERE: WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah (please enter through Gate C, English St entrance)
WHEN: Thursday, March 5 at 1.00pm
WHO: Dragons Head Coach Wayne Bennett, CEO Peter Doust and 2009 Captain.