What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's your most loved/hated players and why?

timka4

Bench
Old Favourites - Joey and Fitler, these two got me passionately into the game.

Current Favourites - Gidley and Mullen (May be inconsistent this year, but I will always support Captain Courageous and Mullen)

Current Dislikes - Slater, Hodges. Can't stand these two, PLEASE somebody just clock them in the face!

Thurston and Lockyer, purely because they are great QLDers, respect their personalities and talent though.

Gippsy

Bench
Most liked:
(Love the way they play and the way they conduct themselves) Morris twins, Soward, Boyd, Jennings, Marshall, L Lewis, Preston, Dugan, Bowen, Merritt, Sutton, Farah, Locke, and coach Wayne Bennett.

Most hated: (Come across as complete tools, cats, grubs and/or whinging sooks) C Smith, Slater, Inglis, Thurston, Hayne, Ennis, Gallen, Bird, Finch, Blair, Mason, Matai, Watmough, Folau, Thaiday, Myles, Anasta

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Fave Dragon: Nightingale (current), dead heat between Blacklock and Brad Mackay for all time.

Fave current non Dragon: Benji Marshall
Fave all-time non Dragon: Tim Brasher, Ruben Wiki

Most disliked current Dragon - I love 'em all
Most disliked all time Dragon - Scott Gourley

Most hated current non Dragon - Slater
Most hated all time - Michael Hancock

Christmas Ape

Juniors
Most Loved -

Ruben Wiki - Out and out champion of a player and human being.
Gorden Tallis - Brutal, courageous player. Awe inspiring.
Mal Meninga - Peerless player and leader of men. His record speaks for itself.
Wally Lewis - Spectacularly gifted player. A true master of rugby league.

Hardest To Love -

Glenn Morrison - Talentless hack with a stupid haircut. Whinged about not being picked for origin for years.
Jason Ryles - Over-rated to buggery while at the dragons. Always looks like he's going to cry.
Luke O'Donnell - Thug. Should have been rubbed out of the game after his effort on Mick Monaghan.
Chris Mortimer - Cheap shot merchant.
Mark Geyer - Had the talent to play fair and be remembered as a champion but used underhanded thuggery instead.
Adam McDougall - Cheat. Should have been rubbed out after kicking Tooves in the face.
Kris Kahler - World class sponge.

Grishnakh

Juniors
As I said at the start of this thread, I had a bit of a love/hate thing with Wally. I think I started to change over when he got king hit two or three times playing for Oz against the poms in late 80s early 90s. Absolutely smashed but he kept getting up and getting back in the line. After that I really started to appreciate how good he was. I never saw anyone create so much time for themselves as Wally, and never saw anyone so regularly dominate games.

natheel

Coach
fav Eels: Hindmarsh, Burty, Cayless, Robson (deadset this bloke is a tryer!), Reddy, Mannah

Fav Non - Eels: Lockyer, Burgess, Merritt, Ellis, Dugan, Campese,

Hated: Soward, Gasnier, Slater, C. Smith Dragons and Storm Players pretty much

blain

Juniors
I love watching Lewis Brown. From canterbury like me, and hes just so strong, he loves getting into it and throwing players off him with ball in hand. Got a great burst of speed, when he spots a gap, he goes straight threw. He must have set up at least 3-4 tries this year by breaking the line by himself.

Also love Vatuvei, Rapira, Burgess and Luke.

Hate Slater, Hayne (all the Hayne train stuff f#cks me right of, dirty d#ckhead too) Smith, Mason and Ennis.

LazyDreamer

Bench
Fave former Dragon: Bartrim (came across like he had an IQ similar to a downie, but gave his all).

Least fave former Dragon: Steve Linnane. Why? One word, starts with 'd', ends with 'ickhead'.

Fave former non-Dragon: Toots Croker

Hated former non-Dragons: Matt King. Why? See 'Linnane'.

Fave current Dragon: Benny Hornby. Heart & soul.

Least fave current Dragon: Gasnier. $$$$.

Fave current non-Dragon: Luke Lewis.

Hated current non-Dragon: Hayne. Carries on like a far-quit every time he stuffs up, as if to say to the refs, "But I'm Jarryd Hayne!" Plus I never liked the 'Coneheads' movie. And his defense is sh*te.

Minotaur

Juniors
Favorite Players - Chris Lawrence, Tim Brasher, Jacin Sinclair, Mark Geyer.

Most Disliked Players - Michael (Why dont people like me?) Ennis, Anthony (If you dont pick me for NSW your racist) Mundine, Cameron (I swear I'm not a cheat) Smith.

Chook Herron

Juniors
I have a soft spot for workaholic backrowers who are not the flashiest players in the comp but are great club players in their own right. I'm talking about guys like Grant Millington, Scott Bolton, Bronson Harrison, Chris Heighington, Zeb Taia, Lewis Brown, Corey Parker, Shannan McPherson etc.

I also like journeymen such as Ryan Tandy, Craig Stapleton and Matt Cross. Despite being on small contracts on their day they have or had the ability to match it with players who are on the big dollars.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
This is an interesting thread. I appears not many people like Slater, Ennis, Hayne (love him or loathe him it appears) JT and Thaiday.

Players I hate - Paul Gallen, Greg Bird, Jarryd Hayne, Luke Burt, Daniel Mortimer, Timana Tahu, Ben Smith, Billy Slater, Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith, Brett Finch, Michael Ennis, Matt Bowen & Jamie Soward immediately spring to mind.

Players I like watching from other teams - Benji Marshall, Darren Lockyer, Petero Civoniceiva, Manu Vatuvei, Adam Blair, Issac Luke, Lewis Brown, Kieran Foran, Arana Taumata, Jason Nightingale, Preston Campbell & Todd Carney.

nqcowboy87

Bench
not a player but terry kennedy, i cant stand anything about that whiny little prick, if weidler and him ever had a love child it would almost certainly mean the end of civilisation

Saints fan

Juniors
Loved: All Dragons players, Luke Lewis, Michael Gordon, Kieran Foran, Lewis Brown, Simon Mannering.

Hated: Cameron Smith, Brad Meyers (needs a shave), Thaiday (third man in), Billy Slater, Jamal Idris, Beau Ryan, Issac Luke.

Latest posts