What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whowould you rather see kicked out of the comp?

Slackboy72

Coach
Personally I believe that cronulla are the least viable club but that's just my opinion (as well as a lot of others). But after the cheating storm have shat on the game for the last 5 years and the fact that they are underwritten by other clubs by stealing $8million every year well I wonder how viable they really are. Would cronulla be meaningfully better off if they had their share of that $8million every year?

Thoughts people?

mightybears

Bench
No one should be kicked, clubs should go [organically so to speak] if they can't show viability/can't raise the $ to keep going/no moves to another location etc and only then. We don't need to start setting 'criteria' other than the obvious bottom line.

suprise suprise

no one. should be kicked out of the competition.

no one.

teams should be able to stnd alone. or die naturally.

teh sharks have a fight on their hands but should be given the benifit of the doubt and arent any less deserving to be in the comp than the other 15 teams.

Hanscholo

Bench
The storm are clearly the least viable club, being underwritten by the rest of the comp by the 6-8 million a year. The sharks have issues, which they are entitled to try and trade their way out of. What they dont get is underwritten by the game, which is grossly unfair.

perverse

Referee
it is absolute rubbish that the storm are not a viable club. the potential amount they add to the competitions value to sponsors through media exposure etc offsets the few million a year they need to underwrite losses.

lets say they do lose 6 million a year... but are worth double that in TV rights alone. it seems like simple economics that rugby league comes out ahead in this situation. there is nothing unfair at all about them taking money that the NRL would otherwise never see if it weren't for their existance in the first place.

we need the storm, people. i hate them as much as anyone else... but they are a necessity for the game moving forward and we need to stick with them, despite giving them a mighty spanking.

Generalzod

Immortal
Personally I believe that cronulla are the least viable club but that's just my opinion (as well as a lot of others). But after the cheating storm have shat on the game for the last 5 years and the fact that they are underwritten by other clubs by stealing $8million every year well I wonder how viable they really are. Would cronulla be meaningfully better off if they had their share of that $8million every year?

Thoughts people?

I want St George to fold.

Sparky 74

Juniors

Thoughts people?

Now we all know that the salary cap don't work so why dont the nrl just revamp like the nsl did & become the a league.

option 1

1. 4 teams in Qld
Nth Qld
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Sunshine Coast

2. 3 teams in reg NSW

Wollongong
Newcastle
Central Coast

3. 3 team in Sydney Metro

4. 1 team in
Melb
South Oz
West Oz
ACT

5. 2 teams in NZ

or option 2

1. North Qld Cowboys
2. Gold Coast Titans
3. East Coast Sea Eagles - relocate manly to the sunshine coast
4. Brisbane Broncos
5. Newcastle Knights
6. Central Coast Bears
7. Canberra Raiders
8. St.George ill Dragons - based in the gong
9. Souths Sharks - based in adelaide
10. Wests Bulldogs - based in perth
11. Sydney Jets - Bring back newtown
12. Parramatta tigers
13. Penrith Panthers
14. Melbourne (new team new nick name)
15. Auckland Warriors
16. Wellington - a 2nd NZ team is needed

adamkungl

Immortal
Now we all know that the salary cap don't work so why dont the nrl just revamp like the nsl did & become the a league.

option 1

1. 4 teams in Qld
Nth Qld
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Sunshine Coast

2. 3 teams in reg NSW

Wollongong
Newcastle
Central Coast

4. 1 team in
Melb
South Oz
West Oz
ACT

5. 2 teams in NZ

or option 2

1. North Qld Cowboys
2. Gold Coast Titans
4. Brisbane Broncos
5. Newcastle Knights
6. Central Coast Bears
7. Canberra Raiders
12. Parramatta tigers
13. Penrith Panthers
15. Auckland Warriors

No.

Stoner Rock

Juniors

option 1

1. 4 teams in Qld
Nth Qld
Brisbane
Gold Coast
Sunshine Coast

2. 3 teams in reg NSW

Wollongong
Newcastle
Central Coast

4. 1 team in
Melb
South Oz
West Oz
ACT

5. 2 teams in NZ

or option 2

1. North Qld Cowboys
2. Gold Coast Titans
4. Brisbane Broncos
5. Newcastle Knights
6. Central Coast Bears
7. Canberra Raiders
12. Parramatta tigers
13. Penrith Panthers
15. Auckland Warriors

Nutbag

ratsack2

Juniors
Melbourne should go, bring in a 2nd brisbane team, Ipswich Jets would be ideal, central coast bears, perth reds or sunshine coast and a 2nd NZ team, would add an extra 4 new teams and $17 million in extra salary payments to keep some of those 100 players going overseas

Patsy

Juniors
why kick any one out??

comp goes in cycles - sharks doing it tough now but 2 yrs ago they were one win from the g/f

the storm problem is the work of 5 men - doesn't mean the club should be turfed out.

The only reason a club should leave the NRL is if they go belly up financially and there is no more help around.

Manly were 72 hrs from extinction in 2002 or 2003 (cant remember) but they rebulit, made two grand finals, won in 08 and arguably should have won in 07 and are in the top 2-3 teams for the 2010 premiership.

I am sure the sharks can do something similar with the right people in charge.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Melbourne should go, bring in a 2nd brisbane team, Ipswich Jets would be ideal, central coast bears, perth reds or sunshine coast and a 2nd NZ team, would add an extra 4 new teams and $17 million in extra salary payments to keep some of those 100 players going overseas

That extra $17mil coming out of your piggy bank? Not to mention the setup costs required to get these new franchises operating.

Latest posts