What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why 2009 Grand Final was so good

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The challenge would go up to the VR, not the on-field ref.

Lambretta

First Grade
I think it would be sweet to have a challenge system, with unsuccessfull challenges costing the side one of their 10 interchanges.

Haven't figured out what happens if the challenge comes after the 10th interchange has been made - perhaps a player has to drop off the field or something...

Needs some work but I think a strong enough disinsentive to keep challenges (and thus stoppages) to a minimum and even make them exciting when they happen.

Oh that's not a big enough penalty. I reckon an unsuccessful challenge should involve the shooting of innocents, a change of government (in the State of my choice) and a change of underwear by Rabbits Warren.

;-)

skeepe

Immortal
Let's say the Fui/Slater incident was a complete balls up by the referees - which we now all know it was.

I'm sorry? We now all know it was?

Don't include me in your 'we', I thought it was definately the correct decision, and I know there are plenty who agree.

It was a penalty any day of the week.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:shock:

skeepe... agreeing with refs...

*faints*

Hanscholo

Bench
cant agree mate.

its up to the video ref to make a better quicker call, if i at home can instantly spot if a player is out or not on the 1st or second replay then so should the professionals. I think that is what most of us would like to see. There is a place for it, but certainly not used as frequently as they have and when it is used, a couple of replays is sufficient. putting a limit on it however is asking for trouble.

Latest posts