What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Andrew Webster's New Zealand Warriors revival has its origins in American rugby league

Wb1234

Referee
Wahs don’t want to have a second year syndrome like the cowboys and to a lesser extent cronulla

they haven’t been playing well for ages

getting shek back should be good a year in union isn’t enough to ruin a player

if he returns to form then they can surpass this year

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Wahs don’t want to have a second year syndrome like the cowboys and to a lesser extent cronulla

they haven’t been playing well for ages

getting shek back should be good a year in union isn’t enough to ruin a player

if he returns to form then they can surpass this year
A lot of us don't see where RTS will play. CNK has been incredibly good for us this year, he's probably top 3-4 in POTY along with AFB, Egan and SJ, although DWZ and Harris would be close, too.

RTS' defending in union was woeful, I know it's a different sport but how would he defend in the line? Jury is out. It's either that, or he plays on a wing. Huge $ for a winger to replace Montoya.

Wb1234

Referee
A lot of us don't see where RTS will play. CNK has been incredibly good for us this year, he's probably top 3-4 in POTY along with AFB, Egan and SJ, although DWZ and Harris would be close, too.

RTS' defending in union was woeful, I know it's a different sport but how would he defend in the line? Jury is out. It's either that, or he plays on a wing. Huge $ for a winger to replace Montoya.
Five eight
Full back
Centre

he’s too good for wing

Wb1234

Referee
He’s on nrl face to face tonight

Webster comes across very welll

good on him

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Five eight
Full back
Centre

he’s too good for wing
I reckon lock or 5/8th, got walker coming on as that role, but he can cover as a middle or edge, while rts is out there,
He would be a great attacking centre, but defence is key part of being a centre, i don't see webby justifying losing an edge to accommodate strike

Matua

Bench
Dont forget they lost a genuine superstar in Reece Walsh as well.
He wasn't a superstar at the Warriors. He was actually pretty terrible so it was a wee bit surprising to see how good he's been this year, the move was good for both the Warriors and Broncos.

The Warriors are a much better team with CNK at the back.

RTS' defending in union was woeful, I know it's a different sport but how would he defend in the line?
In all honesty I think he'll defend fine at centre. Midfield defence in rugby after being out of the game for so long is confusing. I don't think his issues were with one on one tackling.

Vee

First Grade

Fullback, CNK to centre. The end.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade

Webster said he wants RTS in the centres