What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are these people in the team?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I have no idea why Ryan, Waterhouse, Civoniceva and Tate were picked in the first place. Ryles and Cooper despite the fact theyve been sh*tt was no suprise they got picked.

Ryan's form has been disappointing this year, how he got picked is beyond me. Laffranchi, Southern, Morrison wouldve been far better options. The selectors are picking players on last year's form not this years.

aqua_duck

Coach
I just want to know why all this rant and rave has come up about Buderus after all of 1 game. He was in pretty good form last 8 games of the season. Captained NSW to a series win. He won the dally M last year, and was hooker of the year this year. The guy didn't do much in attack saturday night but wuth guys like kennedy dropping the pill every 2nd hit up there wasn't much opportunity for him, nor Johns, nor Lockyer. BTW Priddis wasn't much better against NZ A.

aqua_duck

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
That would be James Aubusson, 19 year old from Melbourne (formerly Roosters). Priddis missed the squad completely.
yeah sorry, he looked abit like Priddis.

Hari Kari

Juniors
Lungman3 said:
It was very interesting to see that the only Wests Tiger in the game was playing for the other mob.

the mob that won the game had the only tiger.

ryan, waterhouse and civo shouldn't have been there.

skando, laffranchi and southern should have been in those spots.

johns is too old and prince should be the halfback, prince would have tackled webb is another point, yes andrew, you're too slow.

hopefully we lose the tri-nations and then get rid of all the dead wood.

screeny

Bench
douglasallen91 said:
missed the tackle on vagana for his try and then nearly straight away missed one on faiumu

Exactly. Buderus missed Vagana cold and was made to look like a complete fool by Faiumu (as was O'Donnell).

ozboy

Juniors
Ryan and Fitzgibbon would be the two major mistakes made by the Australian selectors in my view.

For those questioning Buderus, get a brain, if you were to drop him on his perofrmance on Saturday you would also have to drop about 13 other players from the squad as well.

drake

First Grade
Hari Kari said:
johns is too old and prince should be the halfback, prince would have tackled webb is another point, yes andrew, you're too slow
You obviously didn't see the first match. Prince was worse than useless.

albi

Juniors
I don't think Buderus is a bad player, I just don't think that he is the best hooker in the country at the moment. I think Priddis, Farrah and even Dean Young are ahead of him at this point in time.

Ryles is a good player, but surely Bailey is better? I think he makes more metres, and is more naturally athletic.

Mini is a great player and should be in the team. Hodgson should be too.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
I don't understand all the hype around buderus either. He's nothing more than solid, he's virtually ineffective if Johns isn't in the team.

Lockyer has been getting a lot of criticism lately, particularly from Newcastle fans, well if Lockyer is the most overrated player in the NRL, Buderus isn't far behind.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
albi said:
What the fcku has Danny Buderus done to deserve his place in an Australian team? As far as I can tell, captaining a team to 14 straight losses is the only criteria.

How about Fitzgibbon? Talk about a myth, he's it. He might make 50 tackles in a game, but he's usually the second or third guy in after the tackle has virtually been completed.

Ryan? Did nothing all year yet is rated is one of the best back rowers in the game? I'm baffled.

Minichello. How he was selected ahead of Hodgson is one of the greatest mysteries of our time. Put him on the wing to replace Tahu, and bring in Hodgson.

Ryles. Softest prop in the game.

Lockyer. When in form he is one of the best. He's not in form at the moment and shouldn't be in the team.

i agree with everything u said actually. loyalty is bullcrap when we always win, as then otherwise noone new can get in.

i specially agree with buderus. i think hes the most overated guy in the game. he is decent but far from sensational. when he came back to the newcastle team he offered little to nothing. when johns came back it made everything though everyone talks about the big 3 "simpson,johns,buderus". give me cameron smith over buderus any day

fitzgibbon had a SHOCKING year and i cant believe he got in, ryan is crap and shouldnt of made city\country never mind australia....... ryles is soft, lockyer is badly out of form and maybejust a week dropping will let him no hes really gotta pick up his game and minichello, a great player, but one who has to sacrifice his spot for hodgson due to his great form on the wing

ozboy

Juniors
Raiders Plight said:
I don't understand all the hype around buderus either. He's nothing more than solid, he's virtually ineffective if Johns isn't in the team.

Lockyer has been getting a lot of criticism lately, particularly from Newcastle fans, well if Lockyer is the most overrated player in the NRL, Buderus isn't far behind.

Funny how Danny Buderus won the Dally M medal in a year that Andrew Johns played a massive total of 3 games.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
ozboy said:
Funny how Danny Buderus won the Dally M medal in a year that Andrew Johns played a massive total of 3 games.

but even on that, do you think he was actually the best player?
dont get me wrong but i find these big names often get a lot of UNDESERVING man of the match points

EG - St George VS Newcastle last round, Joey Johns bags the man of the match

Rammo

Juniors
Buderus only won the Dally M because he was the shining light in a team of rabbits due to the fact that one A.Johns wasn't there. Noone in the side was there to take votes off him. The only award he should have received was the Knights player of the year award.

Paullyboy

Coach
chriswalkerbush said:
Haha, says a lot about Queensland if a 'nobody' like Buderus can win two series in a row as captain against your mob. Priddis has been like Buderus lite this year. Good defensive stats, and that's about it.

um....Have you actually watched Priddis play or are you just taking a random punt and hoping no one calls it?

Priddis from dummy half is absolutley brilliant, I lost count of the tries he scores each year from a few yards out.

Misanthrope

Staff member
um....Have you actually watched Priddis play or are you just taking a random punt and hoping no one calls it?

Priddis from dummy half is absolutley brilliant, I lost count of the tries he scores each year from a few yards out.

Watched plenty of games. I haven't rated Priddis as anything more than a good defender since last year. Buderus turned last year's Knights' team into one that almost made the eight - Priddis barely managed the same feat this year with a better side.

When you're being picked behind your team's #7 for an international hooking berth, it doesn't say a lot about you.

And if that doesn't convince you of my opinion, read my sig. ;-)

Snoop

Coach
ozboy said:

Is it also funny that Thurston won it this year but didn't make the squad?

Latest posts