What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are we so damned good?

Eelementary

Post Whore
In terms of Juniors?

Our Juniors Recruitment Officer deserves a big pat on the back!

I'm so excited - guys like Ben Smith, Tim Smith, Brett Delaney, Josh Davis, Jarryd Hayne, Krisnan Inu, Feleti Mateo, Brendan Oake, Josh Cordoba, Jack Afamasaga, Weller Hauraki, Jeremy Smith, Drew Dalton, Marcus Perenara and many, many more....

Awesome talent right there!

I know this is a rather inane post. But I'm just so excited for our future!

The Colonel

Immortal
The youngsters I am excited about are behind these blokes - Trent Hodkinson, Tim Mannah, Ray Nasso, Tony Williams, John Mannah. Pat Mataele, Jason Baiteri, Cam Speechley and Mitchell Baker..... some good young talent amongst them as well.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
The youngsters I am excited about are behind these blokes - Trent Hodkinson, Tim Mannah, Ray Nasso, Tony Williams, John Mannah. Pat Mataele, Jason Baiteri, Cam Speechley and Mitchell Baker..... some good young talent amongst them as well.

also Dominic Nasso [Ray's brother]..were also trialling Sonny Bills kid brother who was apparently chased around by a certain player manager who desperately wanted him in his books :lol:

We have some of the best talent coming through and they just keep on coming. Trying to keep them all will be the problem.

That's why I can't see the Likes of Burt and Mckinnon, Peek and Moriss being re-signed. With likes of Hayne, Inu,Taia Davis,Keating bros and the Williams bros etc etc etc etc who have the potential to represent in national teams coming through it will mean that there will be cheaper 1st grade players next year as aposed too 100k players. Which would save us cap money and give us more depth.

Don't be surprised if we start losing some though. It will be painful!!

The Colonel said:

Yeah they are all good!! Tony williams and Baker in Particular.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
Yeah they are all good!! Tony williams and Baker in Particular.

I'm pretty sure Tony Williams is Flegg bound this year, he's got some size and speed about him.

The Colonel

Immortal
I've met Tony's parents on a few occassions. Lovely people and he is a very good young player. Has handled the mobve into the forwards very well......

eelavation said:
tell us a bit about baker??

He played in the H Mathews team last year as a 5/8 and showed some real nice touches. Admittedly I only saw a few games from the Mathews last year and It's still too early to predict anything for him now but last year I liked what i saw for such a young kid. But things can easily change. he may not come through, He may not make this years squads. The mathews team last year was not as good as the 2004 version.

eeladdick

Juniors
Eelementary said:
In terms of Juniors?

Our Juniors Recruitment Officer deserves a big pat on the back!

I'm so excited - guys like Ben Smith, Tim Smith, Brett Delaney, Josh Davis, Jarryd Hayne, Krisnan Inu, Feleti Mateo, Brendan Oake, Josh Cordoba, Jack Afamasaga, Weller Hauraki, Jeremy Smith, Drew Dalton, Marcus Perenara and many, many more....

Awesome talent right there!

I know this is a rather inane post. But I'm just so excited for our future!
i share your thoughts mate ,
i supose you can only put that down to the great club and set up we have to attract this talent our way....................
you've only got to look around the other nrl first grade teams and you will see how many ex parra juniors are doing well and not because we didn't want them...only because we wouldn't have been able to keep under the salary cap..
but yaeh these current young blokes are realy somthing exceptional to look forward to.god it's great to support a great club like ours

Stagger eel

Staff member
eels1986 said:
What's people opinion of Zach Russ - I saw him play a schoolboys game and he ripped it up.

I'm not sure whether he's at the club this year or not, definitely on a scolership, but I haven't seen him play, played well hey???...it's kind of ironic that he's a centre and Wee Waa boy.

Hurriflatch

Referee
eelavation said:
I'm not sure whether he's at the club this year or not, definitely on a scolership, but I haven't seen him play, played well hey???...it's kind of ironic that he's a centre and Wee Waa boy.

I know he was going to wait till he finished H.S before coming down and was signed to a 5 year deal in 2004 (when he was 15) so unless I'm mistaken he should be in year 12 this year meaning he should be coming down to Sydney from 2007

Eelementary

Post Whore
eeladdick said:
i share your thoughts mate ,
i supose you can only put that down to the great club and set up we have to attract this talent our way....................
you've only got to look around the other nrl first grade teams and you will see how many ex parra juniors are doing well and not because we didn't want them...only because we wouldn't have been able to keep under the salary cap..
but yaeh these current young blokes are realy somthing exceptional to look forward to.god it's great to support a great club like ours

I agree!

shaun

Juniors
Junior recruitment is excellent. We could have used these recruitment officers in late 80's and early 90's when we struggled to bring through quality 1st graders.