What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are we so piss weak?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Really it's not what I was reading the beginning of the year, people changing tune due to our good start, we have come dead last last couple years, maybe some perspective is required here, and to finish we are rubbish away from Parra stadium, and from what I gather not too many games left at home....just sayin.

We go alright in Brisbane too.

As for coming last the previous two years, Hayne missed 12 games in 2012 and nine games last year. We saw again last night what we're like without him.

We also lack leadership as proven by our ability to quit, whether giving up during a game or giving up on an entire season (2012-2013).

A better coach than Kearney or Stuart might have been able to stop us from giving up on an entire season but even Arthur's hasn't been able to stop us quitting during three separate games this year.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
We go alright in Brisbane too.

As for coming last the previous two years, Hayne missed 12 games in 2012 and nine games last year. We saw again last night what we're like without him.

We also lack leadership as proven by our ability to quit, whether giving up during a game or giving up on an entire season (2012-2013).

A better coach than Kearney or Stuart might have been able to stop us from giving up on an entire season but even Arthur's hasn't been able to stop us quitting during three separate games this year.

This quitting is what will hold us back until rectified, hence missin out on top eight.

hindy111

Post Whore
101m and 33 tackles from Mannah. Seems he was one of the few whose mind was actually on the job

Mannah is soft as pie mate and our leader.Not what you want. What is our problem? Most our players are mentally weak. Watch what The Duke of penrith(gould) has recruited and released.He brings in guys who hate to lose.When they drop the ball they bang there fist on ground-They swear.They just hate to lose.
We have a few guys like this.Manu Mau-Peats-Sandow-Hayne. And I say that's about all of them.Sure Hoppa has skill, and so does Jnr Paulo and Pauli Pauli.But they don't fire up.You don't need all 17 to have this but the more the better.THink origin.Why was Reynolds picked.Why is Bird,Gallen,Watmough Woods built for origin? They leave nothing in the tank.They battle to the death.The list goes on when you look at players from other clubs.
We have plenty of individually skilled guys at our club, but a team where they lack mental edge, aggression and the desire to win and give 110%.

When I pick my team this is where id start before natural talent.We need some leaders out there and maybe some of these young guys will develop the same attitudes. Im not sure what mannah says to them before and after the game but the leader of the pack should be a headhunter

hindmarshisgod

Juniors
Bump

The game was lost in the arm wrestle. The eels were completely dominated. Even their wingers made huge dents in our defence.

Piss weak our team is. They just keep getting pummelled in defence and will struggle to tackle my grandmother.

And it doesnt help when our dopey halves dont want to get repeat sets and score miraculous trys on every set

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We went alright today. You merkins are just pissed because the Knights are running last and you thought it would be easy. For recent form the Knights have won two in a row and we've lost two straight.

All up it was an even game. They won in the forwards and we beat them out wide. Just like we generally have all year.

T.S Quint

Coach
Last tackle options were terrible.
Our forwards got dominated again as well.

Just an off night all round.

hindy111

Post Whore
Knights are a good team.I thought they would win.We are missing too many players now and if we can win 2-3 more I would be happy.

I think we need a new captain thou.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Knights are a good team.I thought they would win.We are missing too many players now and if we can win 2-3 more I would be happy.

I think we need a new captain thou.

They're a gun side.

We are struggling without:

Ma'u
Peats
Hoppa
Maybe even Mossop.

hindy111

Post Whore
Knights have had a lot of injuries and same as sharks.When fit they both can beat both teams.Well maybe not without golden showers

Haynzy

First Grade
I thought the forwards made some good metres but our last play options were diabolical.
The amount of times we were caught with the ball without even trying for a repeat set were ridiculous.

Bazal

Post Whore
Dominated? Que? We dominated them (for the most part) if anything, particularly on the edges. We just couldn't finish....whether we made a break and couldn't position support, or through poor last tackle options, the moves were missing a killer edge

It's like some people forget we got the spoon last year. Some of the finer points of actually winning a close game might not be there still. But we were far from awful today.

yy_cheng

Coach
Dominated? Que? We dominated them (for the most part) if anything, particularly on the edges. We just couldn't finish....whether we made a break and couldn't position support, or through poor last tackle options, the moves were missing a killer edge

It's like some people forget we got the spoon last year. Some of the finer points of actually winning a close game might not be there still. But we were far from awful today.

Hoppa and SIo are great finishers. Hoppa also gives ball to Sio.

Morgan goes himself almost 100% of time.
Tautai is a 2ndrower on the wing. He has no finesse and no reflexes.

Bazal

Post Whore
Semi has no finesse or reflexes either. Vai is a powerful kid, and a more natural centre than winger, but he hardly does a bad job.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Vai Toutai is immensely strong, but not a good finisher. Morgan is a good finisher. That's why he scores so many tries.

Chipmunk

Coach
We went alright today. You merkins are just pissed because the Knights are running last and you thought it would be easy. For recent form the Knights have won two in a row and we've lost two straight.

All up it was an even game. They won in the forwards and we beat them out wide. Just like we generally have all year.

You can beat teams outwide as much as you like. If you don't win the game it doesn't count for much. A bit like winning second halves but still not winning. How many competition points did we get for being the better team outwide and winning the second half?

Last edited:

Latest posts