What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why did ben hornby kick the 39th minute penalty goal

n r l f a n

Juniors
im looking at the scoreboard cos i cant wait for it to come on tv, and i see that jamie soward's kicked one goal earlier, but ben hornby just before halftime and the odds are slightly starting to favour titans a bit more...

dont tell me soward's injured???

soupnazi

Juniors
Dont get me started, Fu&k on our home turf we cant go for a try, What screwed about it all, we take the tap when were down 6-0.

DirtyHarry

Juniors
How the video ref saw a double knock on I’ll never know. Soward didn’t appear to touch the ball with his hand, Cooper picked it up cleanly & went over. Whatever happened to benefit of the doubt.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
How the video ref saw a double knock on I’ll never know. Soward didn’t appear to touch the ball with his hand, Cooper picked it up cleanly & went over. Whatever happened to benefit of the doubt.

Benefit of the doubt can't be used in the lead up to the try, it's only in the process of scoring the try I think.

Cagey Mac

Bench
You're a little bitter and twisted aren't you Eddie
You'll still be 4 points behind us when your rabble gets their arses kicked by the mediocre eagles on Monday
Crawl back into your hole

nrlnrl

First Grade
Why ? Because you have nothing in attack

Does it really need explaining

You make the Tigers of 02 look like the Harlem Globetrotters

Soward is a jumped up showpony and Hornby is a knackered fullback.

Throw in a 2nd rower in the centres and 2 other washed up, past it centres with a history of choking in the big games since 2004 and i'd be taking the 2 as well even if Tim Brasher was kicking - and i was at Belmore the day he missed 2 in front in 92 and we lost 16-14

Fast Eddie - lock it in, you're a wombat

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I was here in N/W Victoria, wrapped up in my own pathetic little world, watching live updates/stats on nrl.com and noticed that Hornby kicked the penalty. I was sh*tting like a big black alsatian thinking Soward had gone down. Gotta love the 1.30am replay........which I couldn't be arsed to watch. How did the Egg's n Dreg's game get precedent over ours?? It was foregone that the Egg's would do it comfortably, while the Titan's were 'playing for their life'.

Big Norm

LazyDreamer

Bench
Struggled to see Soward's suppsed knock-on...but if there was one, it was because Bailey was over the ball. Since Bailey was then penalised for being offside, could it possibly have been a penalty try, given there were no defenders whatsoever to Bailey's left???

And obviously tackles where a player is put into a dangerous position & then slammed into the ground are okay in golden point time. :crazy:

j0nesy

Bench
Should have been a try either way. But the Goldcost deserved that win. They wanted it more than us and We were awful in attack. We'll come good in a few weeks.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Should have been a try either way. But the Goldcost deserved that win. They wanted it more than us and We were awful in attack. We'll come good in a few weeks.
It was a ridiculous decision. The GC first try was just good fortune but they shouldn't have been allowed to get that close. And their second try was forward imo, but that's just the way it happens sometimes.

We could have won with if the forwards were more up to it. I know they worked hard but credit to GC as they just worked harder. IMO, we just seem to be lacking hard running props. Our guys will just have to step up in the coming weeks. Based on what I've seen in recent weeks, Weyman's eventual return won't be enough.

juanfarkall

Coach
Silly question (which will not change anything beyond satisfying my curioisty)
About a milli fart before the halftime siren sounded, Cummins blew the whistle and the dickslappers from 9 announced that he had given a penalty.
Everyone then left the field.
Can anyone who was there tell me if there was a penalty given or just a general f**kup by the minimal standard 9 circlejerkers.

big_dell

Juniors
it was a definite try. the only footage that showed sowards hand touch the ball, clearly showed the ball went backwards.

then when the ref said you impeded the dragons so its a penalty, why not a penalty try?

jargan83

Coach
it was a definite try. the only footage that showed sowards hand touch the ball, clearly showed the ball went backwards.

then when the ref said you impeded the dragons so its a penalty, why not a penalty try?

I thought the same.

Bailey doesn't get involved I would have thought Soward gets a clean pick up and goes over??

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Silly question (which will not change anything beyond satisfying my curioisty)
About a milli fart before the halftime siren sounded, Cummins blew the whistle and the dickslappers from 9 announced that he had given a penalty.
Everyone then left the field.
Can anyone who was there tell me if there was a penalty given or just a general f**kup by the minimal standard 9 circlejerkers.
Hooter sounded a milli-second before refreee blew a long whistle.

Next frame had the referee calling half time.

Just the story of the night.

Next Sunday at Lang Park the penalty will carry under similar circumstances for the home team. Then 'benefit of the doubt' tries will awarded left, right and centre, and there'll be a crack down on spear tackles.