What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why do I become a Red V member???

The Nick

Bench
So another year of being a Red V member, another year wondering why...

I don't know if I'm alone on this one, but I didn't get emailed my unique code to buy tickets today, so I've had to chase up the club (again) and hope they get back to me before the pre-sale runs out...

Plus I'm still yet to receive my Red V discount on the jersey I bought online through the club over a month ago...

Basically the only benefit I get is my season ticket, but I certainly don't feel like I'm a member of anything, I just feel like I have season tickets and a Nth Sydney Bears hat.

Yeah a pretty pathetic whinge, but I could end up missing out on tickets to our home semi, so why bother with the membership?

Doug2234

First Grade
Nick im sorry to hear of your unforunate struggles etc but it would be better to direct your issues to the Dragons then on the forums here.

I didnt recieve the code either but i sent an email to Kate at Dragons and she replied within 23 minutes with my codes and off i went. Had my tickets organised by 9:30am..

Cant help you with the Jersey as i buy mine at games. Then i can try on etc.

saint_girl

Juniors
I also had an issue with not getting my code number or thought I wouldn't have it. So I emailed the dragons yesterday and Kate replied to me first thing this morning. Very efficient and I have my GA tickets ready to go.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Just to clarify, I got my unique code in an e-mail from the NRL. Is it possible that this has gone into your junk mail?

phonetic

Juniors
I don't think there's anything unique about the codes. You can go back in and buy more using the same number.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
being a red v member provides money to the club.. which helps it to operate..

which helps it resist $250,000 incentives to move games away from kogarah...

remember jfk:

ask not what your club will do for you, ask what you can do for your club!

now, let's go for a cruise. i think we'll take the convertable today.. what could go wrong?

big pat

Coach

remember jfk:

i prefer the groucho marx quote, not sure the exact wording, can you help out.

jargan83

Coach

I have been living in Perth for 11 years now and still pay my Dragons membership (out of towner member). I use the vouncher once a year when I get all my dragons gear.

Go the Dragons

Doug2234

First Grade
I have been living in Perth for 11 years now and still pay my Dragons membership (out of towner member). I use the vouncher once a year when I get all my dragons gear.

Go the Dragons

Jargan - Welcome to the forums buddy!

big pat

Coach
So another year of being a Red V member, another year wondering why...

I don't know if I'm alone on this one, but I didn't get emailed my unique code to buy tickets today, so I've had to chase up the club (again) and hope they get back to me before the pre-sale runs out...

Plus I'm still yet to receive my Red V discount on the jersey I bought online through the club over a month ago...

Basically the only benefit I get is my season ticket, but I certainly don't feel like I'm a member of anything, I just feel like I have season tickets and a Nth Sydney Bears hat.

Yeah a pretty pathetic whinge, but I could end up missing out on tickets to our home semi, so why bother with the membership?

i don't think any footy club has perfect membership, and your points are valid, this is my first year as a red v member, so not sure whats happen previously, doust did say that they were trying to address everyone's concerns, so maybe next year their might be improvements, not sure about emails i put down my hotmail account, and have recieved every email that i know of,may pay to hang in for another year and see what happens. a premiership could make us forget all the negitive things.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I've not been a member of the club since 2000. I qualify for 'out of towner' but it's a dog sh*t package compared to my Collingwood 'out of towner'. Collingwood has a real business sence and makes you feel part of the club, even though you live in the boonies.

As I do each season, I'll have a look and most probably say pfft.

Big Norm

Acka

Coach
I've not been a member of the club since 2000. I qualify for 'out of towner' but it's a dog sh*t package compared to my Collingwood 'out of towner'. Collingwood has a real business sence and makes you feel part of the club, even though you live in the boonies.

As I do each season, I'll have a look and most probably say pfft.

Big Norm

The problem is that Memberships are still pretty new to Rugby League clubs whereas AFL clubs have been doing them for years.

seventieschick

Juniors
I only recently became a Red V Member so I haven't had much experience with them so please forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the NRL responsible for the emails containing the unique code? I got the following quote from a Red V email I received on the 27th of August:

"......All Red V Members including Country and Interstate will have the opportunity to purchase tickets during the priority purchase period from 9am Monday, September 7th. Members will be able to purchase two (2) tickets per membership, with a limit of eight (8) tickets per transaction. Members will be sent a special code next week by the NRL which will allow you to purchase online and over the phone, if you are purchasing in person you will need to show your Red V Membership card......."

I received my code last week from NRL Digital, not from the Dragons.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Why do you wait till the day finals tickets go on sale to air your issues? You could have had your email issues sorted back in the first few rounds when you didn't start receiving your notifictions and the match day reports etc...

In the past they have been hopeless, however this year they have been consitently good, and the emails arrive each and every time without fail. My one and only complaint is they often arrive several hours after it is posted on this forum (but getting over 5k emails out is not something that literally happens when you click the button).

I just renewed my membership and requested 10 new memberships - they asked me for 10 email addresses and when I said I can't, they raised this issue about the finals ticket purchases (so maybe they are learning too). I ended up registering a few gmail accounts to ensure we get them all.

One thing I was told by the Red V people is that they have heaps of members with no email access and even more that didn't provide them or they couldn't read the handwriting etc... best bet is to send them an email from your account you wish to receive them from and quote your membership number then ask to be added for next time (ie: two Monday's time).

OurRedV

Juniors
Like Macca said, why not air your concerns earlier? Why wait until the day of ticket release?

Don't be a member next year, someone else will just snap up your spot anyways.