What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do people love riding off players?

Charlie124

First Grade
851 said:
He is a deadset fair weather footballer,if his side is on top he is a world beater,if the going is tough, Willie has already gone.

*cough* Andrew Johns *cough*

Rotten Rooster

Juniors
The Way I See It said:
Willie Mason wants to try and play NFL and some say he wont make it,,how the hell do they know that if they havent even seen him play.
Players get ridden off for things that they are interested in or get pissed and make mistakes.
no one is perfect and you cant say that they get payed well to behave themselves cause they got to have a life too.!

I agree with you, I think most people write off other players and clubs because they are mainly jealous of them, another reason i think is because they cant face what is happening in their own clubs so they look over the fence to throw their two cents in and other fans are just plain negative farkwitts. I dont particularly like mason my self, but the fact remains he is the most damaging attacking forward in the game. My favourite is O'mealy and crocker becuase they run with heart!

well next time Ill be writin instead of riding, though they do ride off platers themselves at times when they are getting carried by someone for 5 or 10 metres.
So anyone who has made these remarks about Willie actually got the balls to tell him face to face,

simon says

First Grade
Excellent thread.....I think there is way too much writing off of players.Just making to firsts is a feat in itself and should be applauded.

And on Big Willie.....I love him and Im not a dog man,but just love his enthusiasm and straight shooting.ABout the only bloke who calls it how he sees it and IMO its great.....whether you agree or not.

Vicious

Bench
simon says said:
Excellent thread.....I think there is way too much writing off of players.Just making to firsts is a feat in itself and should be applauded.

And on Big Willie.....I love him and Im not a dog man,but just love his enthusiasm and straight shooting.ABout the only bloke who calls it how he sees it and IMO its great.....whether you agree or not.

Yep, i too am a big fan of Willie Mason these days. I absolutely hate the Bulldogs (just their arrogance and winning culture mainly), but big Willie has made mistakes, paid his dues, he`s matured a lot as a person and a footballer, but he`s still himself and i reckon you have to applaud him for that.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Mason has a tendency to lose concentration playing a mere 80 minutes of League, where all he has to do is take one or two hit-ups a minute, followed by one or two tackles the next minute...

How, then, could he maintain concentration in a totally different game with a billion different rules?

Plus he'll have 25-year olds who've played the sport their entire lives gunning for him.

innsaneink

Referee
Eelementary said:
Mason has a tendency to lose concentration playing a mere 80 minutes of League, where all he has to do is take one or two hit-ups a minute, followed by one or two tackles the next minute...

How, then, could he maintain concentration in a totally different game with a billion different rules?

Plus he'll have 25-year olds who've played the sport their entire lives gunning for him.

:lol:
A mere 80 minutes of league.

Yeh spin it that way.

When was the last time he played 80 mins, and for the record, its the toughest rugby league on the planet, fatigue does have a habit of causing ''concentration lapses''....
How would he handle itin NFL?
Well when the other team gets the ball, they all swap players, offense goes off, defense comes on...thats a start...
You guys bagging him and pretending to give honest genuine reasons, you really know what youre on abouut huh?
where all he has to do is take one or two hit-ups a minute, followed by one or two tackles the next minute...
...is that all he has to do eh?
Should do it on his ear eh....
...and when was the last time you played firstgrade NRL?

The Preacher

First Grade
The Way I See It said:
Willie Mason wants to try and play NFL and some say he wont make it,,how the hell do they know that if they havent even seen him play.
Players get ridden off for things that they are interested in or get pissed and make mistakes.
no one is perfect and you cant say that they get payed well to behave themselves cause they got to have a life too.
What about when Langer came back from retirement and he still played like a champ and so did Jason Smith, most rid them off before giving them a chance and proved wrong like another ex player A Mundine he got ridden off and most said Green would beat him easy and see what he did and he's still going.watch if he fights Soliman again hell smash him.
I wonder who will be the next that people ride off then get egg in there face again, I say good luck to whatever these guys want to try and acheive!

You seem to be very munch like Hado !!!

:BDH: Don't ride me off !!

Latest posts