What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you guys always choke?

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's actually a little concerning how we perform in big games since we won the comp in 2013. We did it on the early 00's as well. Would love to put my finger on it but who knows. Tonight was just a case of getting ripped apart by a very very good Brisbane side at home.

You faced up to it unlike others which is good tbh.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I mentioned it before and I'll say it again...
Rorters have massive internal issues.
Source: my mate ex rorters player very close to the current rorters players
News might leak out soon....then i will discuss it and bump this thread.

That's garbage tbh.

I was having a joke about this in another forum but it's all false.

Same as Souths, all is good.

The media love making up bullshit.

alien

Referee
1zvzg4i.jpg

alien

Referee
"bigcoq" edited the souths wiki page to say 1 premiership, instead of 21 premierships, because he can't stand that souths have 8 more premierships than his chokesters :D

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
One of those premierships Souffs won was by forfeit when they said to the opposition during some dispute with the league at the time that both teams should not turn up until the dispute was resolved. Then Souffs turned up to the ground and won the competition by forfeit lol.......

Actually Souffs are not even good enough to be branded as chokers. One GF in 44 years and counting lol......

What a tainted club....21 Premierships and only 1 in Colour! Another 42 years before the NRL giftwraps your grubby club with another one.

Last edited:

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
In 1909 semi-finals were played amongst the four highest placed teams. Top two finishers South Sydney and Balmain were able to win their respective semi-finals.
However, after the New South Wales Rugby League had planned a match between the Australian rugby union and rugby league teams that would upstage the premiership final, both South Sydney and Balmain unofficially agreed to not play out a final.
But unknown to Balmain, South Sydney turned up ready to play. The final was deemed to be a forfeit as a result, with South Sydney claiming their second premiership in as many years. Requests from Balmain for the match to be played at a later date were refused by the League.
Conflict over whether there was an agreement between the two clubs not to play a final caused a deep seated resentment towards Souths by Balmain which lasted many years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nrl/comments/30rros/how_souths_won_the_grand_final_in_1909