What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do you support the team you do??

camsmith

Juniors
ahh seen im new.. ill add my 2 cents.. ;-)

I got into gridiron 3 or so years ago.. and uhh well it was a while ago, for me that is.. my memorys awful, i guess i started following the broncos when i saw saw an nfl films show on elways career and that basically won my support.
Ever since ive been a mad Denver supporter :D :D and couldnt be prouder

sunny

Good on ya cam, we have a small army of denver supporters here now.....legend, you, me and a few others.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well I'm a Canberra supporter so switching to Oakland made sense from that standpoint...Needed a team to follow and I now do so religiously.

I've been following the NFL on and off for a few years, but only did I get into it bigtime last year. I'll admit, I'm a bandwagon fan, but it's kinda hard when you don't grow up with a team or live near your team. Anyway last year -- even before they made the Superbowl -- I really liked watching the Panthers, their defense is awesome and Steve Smith is a gun, plus Jake Delhomme is a cool name to say... oh, and I have a habit of supporting underdogs. So yeah, I follow them now, and I'll continue to do so -- win, lose or suck.

Broncodroid

Juniors
11 years old, watching ABC with Don Lane, on comes the Miami Dolphins with Dan Marino at the helm in which they cleaned up the then LA Rams. Enough said. Dan was the football equivalent of 'Billy the kid'.

The NCAA Miami Hurricanes I have been following religously for the last 7-8 years after a trip to USA where I attended a game AT THE ORANGE BOWL which to this day sporting wise, is one of the highlights of my life.

I follow the Miami Hurricane players in the NFL as well as my Dolphins.

Keep an eye on a future GREAT, Kellen Winslow Jr! TE for the Browns and a guy who have more talent the Giants former Hurricane TE Jeremy Shockey. Also, add Willis McGahee to the list, he sat out his rookie season due to a knee injury suffered in his final college game but WILL be a top back in this league. Search for his college stats on google.com, AMAZING last college season.

OZ_Falcon

Juniors
Well it took me a while to really get into a team, but ever since the Atlanta Falcons made the Superbowl in the year when i took interest in the NFL against the broncos, then i was sold when they drafted QB Mike Vick, plus they have the best colours in the NFL IMO. :D

camsmith

Juniors
heh i admit i like the falcons colours ;-)
nothing to do with this thread.. but someone mentions Kellen Winslow Jr.. baad news for him.. he MIGHT have a broken leg.... or fibular whatever it is (on the 2nd last play) :?
i did happen to see him last year and he looked good, with garcia this year he hasnt seemed to do much?

ScreamingJet

Me a long-time Niners fan. I also follow the Jets in the AFC.
I jumped on the Niners after Montana vacated. Steve Young was my favourite.
I loved how he didn't slide and was prepared to take the hit.
And with a RB like Derrick Loville he had to do his share of running!
Ken Dorsey seemed sound against the Saints this week.
Hopefully the "Merlot & Brie" will be back in a couple years.

legend

Coach
I think cq is a Broncos fan as well so we are starting to dominate the forums, just like the mighty Canberra Raiders.

TrotNixon

Juniors
Patriots all the way.

Growing up, they were the worst team around, but we stuck with them - and now look.

The best team in the game.

legend

Coach
Once they got rid of Bledsoe, they blossomed into a super team. As a Denver fan, we used to own the Patriots for years. That day shall return.

TrotNixon

Juniors
Yeah...

We hated our annual trip to Denver. Why the hell did you never come to Foxborough?

But now we have ulta accurate Brady (who in my 5 games with him on the new Madden 2005 has completed 84/92 passes on All-Pro level.)

Now more wobbly Bledsoe bombs the minute a defensive end sneezes.

legend

Coach
I remember Shannon Sharpe giving it to the Patriots fans in Foxboro about eight years ago. He picked up the phone and said some very funny stuff to the Patriots fans. I'm off to see if I can find the quote.

ScreamingJet

Shannon Sharpe '96. Walks to sideline phone at Foxboro facing the home fans during another thrashing of the Pats.
"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!"

Was that really 8 years ago? I remember that, it was hilarious.
Anyone remember how unpopular he was in Sydney in 99 for the American Bowl? "Hey Shannon, have a beer not a whine" was one of the signs.

I hope the NFL revisits Aust again and brings 2 good teams, not just 1.