What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does Gould Commentate Roosters Games

The Roosters are the best skilled team in the comp blah blah blah. Hes always going on about the Roosters this Roosters that etc etc etc. Hes worse than Vautin commentating Queensland

RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:
The Roosters are the best skilled team in the comp blah blah blah. Hes always going on about the Roosters this Roosters that etc etc etc. Hes worse than Vautin commentating Queensland

What a load of crap.

Earl

Coach
Renowned League Expert said:
RHYTHM AND STEALTH said:

What a load of crap.

I agree. Phil Gould is a load of crap.

The Business

Juniors
I don't know too many other footy analysts that know more than Gould. Anyone involved in the game would agree.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Its his job. That is what he is employed to do by Channel 9. If you were to exclude him from Roosters games, Sterling, Vauting, Harrigan and Matty Johns should be excluded from calling SOO or parra manly and newie games.

Corbin

Juniors
yeh i agree he knows a lot about the game and only says his little bit just like vautin, matty and cheif not to mention sterlo

He has a great football mind..probably the best and can back up his opinions.
BUT...his"boys' and the constant Rooster this..rooster that barrage is just nauciating...Blanant forward pass by Walker to some candyass was glossed over[to get then to 42 i think}

greeneyed

First Grade
People who are employed by particular clubs have a conflict of interest in providing unbiased commentary and analysis. This means Gould and Harrigan should stand aside from their club commitments/employment if they wish to commentate, or give up commentary.

greeneyed said:
People who are employed by particular clubs have a conflict of interest in providing unbiased commentary and analysis. .

Hey, kid. Listen up: it's just commentary. It doesn't affect the outcome! Doesn't assist the Roosters that Gould is commentating. In short: it doesn't matter one little bit. If the Roosters got some advantage out of Phil Gould calling the Roosters "we", you might have a point. But clearly such a claim is nonsense.

Find something of importance to worry about. The trouble with people like you, to quote Bukowski, is that your cities have never been bombed, and your mother's have never been told to shut up.

nospam49 said:
He doesnt so much commentate of Roosters games as he performs an "Act" over everything the Roosters do. :D

Utter rubbish. It was only three weeks ago that Gould was saying that the Roosters were a "fair way behind Canterbury and Brisbane". That doesn't sound like gushiness to me.

nospam49 said:
He doesnt so much commentate of Roosters games as he performs an "Act" over everything the Roosters do. :D

Utter rubbish. It was only three weeks ago that Gould was saying that the Roosters were a "fair way behind Canterbury and Brisbane". That doesn't sound like gushiness to me.

Did you watch the Eels replay?

nospam49 said:
nospam49 said:

Yeah, I did. But I didn't hear anything over the top. Roosters played well and all the commentators were impressed.

nospam49 said:
nospam49 said:

Yeah, I did. But I didn't hear anything over the top. Roosters played well and all the commentators were impressed.

Trust me.....as a neutral supporter for that match Gould and Harrigan were WAY over the top.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Eddie McGuire commentates at Geelong games and he's their president. My brother in law is a bombers fan and hates his guts.

drake

First Grade
I honestly believe that anyone with a conflict of interest should not be involved in the commentary of games.
That includes Lozza and the Dragons.