What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why does Gould Commentate Roosters Games

tonton

Juniors
Gunna Matter said:
Eddie McGuire commentates at Geelong games and he's their president. My brother in law is a bombers fan and hates his guts.

He is the president of collingwood. Tim Lane, a contracted channel 9 commentator, quite calling along side McGuire because of the conflict of interest.

***MH***

Bench
Renowned League Expert said:
The Business said:
I don't know too many other footy analysts that know more than Gould. Anyone involved in the game would agree.

Yep, he's far and away the best analyst.
straight from the roosters mouth!

gunnamatta bay

Referee
tonton said:
Gunna Matter said:
Eddie McGuire commentates at Geelong games and he's their president. My brother in law is a bombers fan and hates his guts.

He is the president of collingwood. Tim Lane, a contracted channel 9 commentator, quit calling along side McGuire because of the conflict of interest.

Sorry, yeah collingwood. I dont watch much afl. It would be like Nick Politis commentating on chooks games.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Lozza has no official association with the dragons anymore. Last season he was an assistant coach but spent most of his time in their club bistro. :roll:

melon....

Coach
Why does Rabbits Warren talk up the DOgs? Why does Sterling want John's love child? Why does Harragon even open his mouth? Last week was a classic.....Parra are down by 30 and The Chief idiot comes out with this doozy..."The Eels need a good solid defensive effort in the next 15 minutes"....to do what Chief? Lose by 40?

And you guys have the nerve to criticise Gould. Im not a Gould fan, but I will say he is better than the rest of the Channel 9 goons.

drake

First Grade
I agree with you Melon to a certain extent #-o :shock: but Garfield Gould really tries to push his "expert" opinion, and he is very involved with the Roosters, as opposed to the others you mentioned, who just seem to be nauseating fanboys.

Knightmare

Coach
:lol: Yeah, makes you wonder why gus wants the salary cap removed all of a sudden! Wouldn't have anything to do with the Roosters, would it Gus? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PB

Bench
Renowned League Expert said:
greeneyed said:
People who are employed by particular clubs have a conflict of interest in providing unbiased commentary and analysis. .

Hey, kid. Listen up: it's just commentary. It doesn't affect the outcome! Doesn't assist the Roosters that Gould is commentating. In short: it doesn't matter one little bit. If the Roosters got some advantage out of Phil Gould calling the Roosters "we", you might have a point. But clearly such a claim is nonsense.

What about the fact that he is sitting right next to Middelton's Stats screen. Could be considered an advantage....

But it is more of a deterant of the broadcast than it is an advantage in the game.

What is annoying is the way they focus on officials when the Roosters or Newcastle aren't playing. But when either of those clubs are playing, its all how wonderful they are.

Oh and on the Sunday footy show. "its the salary caps fault robbie o davis has to leave newcastle." There should be no salary cap". Right thanks Gus, has nothing to do with the ridiculous amount of money being paid to Johns.... :roll:

miccle

Bench
What's wrong with Smith, and to a lesser extent Vossy?

Yes, having knobs like Gould and co. doesn't affect the outcome for the game, but it's just plain annoying. There are some great rugby league journos and analysts who aren't involved with clubs. Why not them?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I don't know too many other footy analysts that know more than Gould. Anyone involved in the game would agree

I reckon i could give him a run for his money.

Matt23

Staff member
Complete lack of objectivity, a Rooster player could hit a an opposing player with a housebrick and there still would be "nothing in it" #-o
Hell i'm a neutral here, and i'm still fuming, can only imagine how bad it would be for a raiders fans.

Raider_69

Post Whore
its a sad day when a league fan has to turn his tele on mute to be able to watch a game of footy, he is a smug, arrogent merkin

rugged

Juniors
I've just turned off the footy at half time as I can't stand Gould's commentary. I'll listen on the ABC as I was doing before I came home.

nibbs

Bench
the one that stands out for me is when ricketson clearly head slammed that guy, gould said 'that is not a head slam.' also when minochello scored his second try, the ball looked like it might have gone foward to me, but he crapped on about how there was no way in hell that that could have happened. if it had of been the raiders scoring the try he wouldn't have crapped on about how it went foward

he is wrecking ray warrens awesome calls of the great game and channel 9 has got to get him outta there cause he honestly suxs...

PB

Bench
It was the way that he was watching the game like a roosters supporter/coach, not an impartial comentator. Pointing out everything the Riaders wre doing, but not giving away any secrets of the roosters. Then they cut down for a shot of Ricky Stuart just before half time, and low and behold, who pops into shot lwhispering something in his ear.... No suprise the camera cut away very quickly after that.....

Why he commentates roosters games is beyond me!!!