What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don't we ever "raid" Union?

Munky

Coach

Weedler saying it’s 5.4 million over 3 years lol

uncle Nick not happy especially how he looked after suaalia family

max Jorgenson getting itchy feet and needing a pay rise

Nathan Cleary is their ideal target

They should go after Moses and Wighton.

Both excellent at kicking the ball out on the full.

Which they can do inside their own twenty when fast tracked to the Wallabies.

BODISGOD

Bench
Back in the day English union would ban for life any Union player that dared to trial for a RL club. We had a number of players back then that would be in the program as A.N.Other!
Absolute scum sport who deserve to burn. Clubs going broke in UK, their demise in Australia, and hopefully NZ one day is very sweet to watch for English RL fans who have put up with 100 years of white anting, open hostility and criticism of our sport from them and their southern union friendly media.
And yet for decades League were sending scouts into the likes of Wales. Rugby league basically put the Welsh national rugby team on life support.

Fair enough they were entitled to go but what do you expect the reaction to be? Banning professionals in amateur sports isn’t anything novel.

As for clubs going wallop- League has survived the likes of Bradford going under. So will English club Rugby. In fact though I’d say English rugby would be better off starting from scratch with clubs/regions.

Wb1234

Referee
And yet for decades League were sending scouts into the likes of Wales. Rugby league basically put the Welsh national rugby team on life support.

Fair enough they were entitled to go but what do you expect the reaction to be? Banning professionals in amateur sports isn’t anything novel.

As for clubs going wallop- League has survived the likes of Bradford going under. So will English club Rugby. In fact though I’d say English rugby would be better off starting from scratch with clubs/regions.
Rugby union wasn’t amateur

never was

especially wales

they should’ve been kicked out like the northern union clubs were

Yep, it was called ‘shamateur‘ for good reason.

Even certain Australian rugby clubs were just as bad. A mate of mine played for a well known Sydney based union side back in the late 1970s-early 1980s, and he told me of the money left "lying on the floor" near his kit bag. When he asked club official about it, they told him not to worry about it. Its one of the reasons (but not the only reason) he walked out of there straighter afterwards and never went back (he hates union with a passion).

Wb1234

Referee
Even certain Australian rugby clubs were just as bad. A mate of mine played for a well known Sydney based union side back in the late 1970s-early 1980s, and he told me of the money left "lying on the floor" near his kit bag. When he asked club official about it, they told him not to worry about it. Its one of the reasons (but not the only reason) he walked out of there straighter afterwards and never went back (he hates union with a passion).
Campese was bragging about his earnings from union

it was more than arl players were making at the time