What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Every team can win the comp this year

aussies1st

Staff member
The Warriors always had a monster pack plus they had a good halfback. They didn't take the title so why would the Bulldogs?

Raider_69

Post Whore
DJ1 said:
The halves will cut it behind a monster pack.

no halves
no hope

but then id be writing off a team in what is sure to be a completely crazy unpredictable season, where im sure a favourite will faulter and a no body will be a somebody...

and to write off ANYBODY when that can happen, would be silly IMO

stevo

Juniors
DJ1 said:
Parramatta cannot win this year because of the Brian Smith issue.
Parra can't win next year either cause of the Hages factor:lol: Wonder who his favourites will be there.

Next year the Knight have a better chance cause he's not there and players are more likely to be played on merit and in position

DJ1

Juniors
Johns Magic said:
Oh but Norton, Webcke, Menzies, Kennedy, and Geyer will almost all likely retire this year, and You can't be sure what psychological effect that'll have on their team, so you can count out the Cowboys, Broncos, Sea Eagles and Storm.n Prince leaving will be too big a hurdle for the Tigers, so count them out. Sharks have never won before, they're not psychologically strong. Count them out. So I guess it's between the Bulldogs and Roosters this season. Actually, scratch that. Bulldogs have no halves. Let's just crown the Roosters premiers now :roll:

Cowboys, Broncos, Sea Eagles, Storm, Roosters and Bulldogs can win it.

Tigers can't. They cannot fly under the radar this year.

Down to six teams already!

DJ1

Juniors
aussies1st said:
The Warriors always had a monster pack plus they had a good halfback. They didn't take the title so why would the Bulldogs?

The Warriors never knew how to use a monster pack. The Bulldogs do.

DJ1

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
no halves, no hope

but then id be writing off a team in what is sure to be a completely crazy unpredictable season, where im sure a favourite will faulter and a no body will be a somebody...

and to write off ANYBODY when that can happen, would be silly IMO

The Bulldogs and the Broncos are 2 teams that you can never write off regardless of their lineup. Both have a habit of unearthing awesome playing talent amongst unknowns and cast offs.

Problem is unlike the Tigpies, the Raiders have no depth and not much in the way of talent.

um last year was the same for us most people said we had no depth but we unleased some awesome juniors who helped us a lot raiders could do the same thing but they need there main play makers too stay healthy just like the tigers of last year

Cowboys, Broncos, Sea Eagles, Storm, Roosters and Bulldogs can win it.

Tigers can't. They cannot fly under the radar this year.

how do u know there the only teams that can win it did u predict the tigers too win it last year how do u know someone else might not fly under the rador and win it???

Hurriflatch

Referee
No wonder the Bulldogs players act like such idiots

they're just following the example set by their fans

aussies1st

Staff member
Its just his picks for who will win. I wouldn't take much note of it after last year.

DJ1

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:
wtf after winning 8 straight games u would think teams would of taken us seriously if not there choaches should of been fired :p

Quite a few have.

DJ1

Juniors
joel caine number 1 fan said:
how do u know there the only teams that can win it did u predict the tigers too win it last year how do u know someone else might not fly under the rador and win it???

I have not predicted who will win. I am predicting who won't.

I did not say that the Tigers won't win last year, so I was not wrong.

Many of the teams I have said can win are "under the radar" teams this year.

Considering the fact that I have eliminated the 2 favourites for the comp and have selected the teams ranked 3,4,6,7,9 and 10 by odds suggests flying under the radar,

Roosters 3
Broncos 4
Bulldogs 6
Cowboys 7
Sea Eagles 9
Storm 10

OVP

Coach
DJ1 said:
Cowboys 7

I cant believe the Cowboys are 7th favourite according to the bookies. I reckon they should be the favourites ... dangerous backs, good forwards and a good coach. They are my standout imo.

DJ1

Juniors
I would have thought they would be 3rd.

I guess an aspect of the odds is where the money is going as well.

Surely

Post Whore
DJ1 said:
I have not predicted who will win. I am predicting who won't.

I did not say that the Tigers won't win last year, so I was not wrong.

Many of the teams I have said can win are "under the radar" teams this year.

Considering the fact that I have eliminated the 2 favourites for the comp and have selected the teams ranked 3,4,6,7,9 and 10 by odds suggests flying under the radar,

Roosters 3
Broncos 4
Bulldogs 6
Cowboys 7
Sea Eagles 9
Storm 10

You think the tigers can't win it but the bulldogs can ?

You're way to high to be under the radar.

DJ1

Juniors
The following teams will not be 2006 premiers,

Dragons
Eels
Tigers
Knights
Sharks
Panthers
Warriors
Rabbitohs
Raiders

aussies1st

Staff member
The Eels and Dragons choke during the final series not in the round robin. How on earth you can rule them out for premiers is beyond me.

DJ1

Juniors
aussies1st said:
The Eels and Dragons choke during the final series not in the round robin. How on earth you can rule them out for premiers is beyond me.

Dragons - Should have won last year and every other year we hear the same story. Have about 1000 origin players in the line up. Will start favourites for the premiership. St George cannot win because Nathan Brown cannot coach finals football. He is still one of the boys despite the odd slap here and there. There will also be a growing disharmony within the ranks due to who's staying, who's leaving and who is or isn't taking paycuts to keep the Jubilee Idols. They are so good at choking you would think that Brian Smith had once coached the club.

Parramatta - Probably have the 2nd best roster in the NRL. Have shown they have the ability to destroy any side on their day. Parramatta cannot win this year because of the Brian Smith issue. The situation will progressively get worse throughout the season with Smith exiting before the finals get here. The Choking culture is still alive and well.

Panthers - still have a great roster and have a large group of players at the club that were victorious in 2003. Any side that has Gower, Cambell, Wesser, Clinton, pulatua, Rooney and lewis has to have a good chance of the title. Unfortunately, the Gower incident and then the backstabbing of Lang will divert focus from where it needs to be.

Sharks - Perhaps its a bit of the case of "it has to happen one day". They are well overdue for one. Just like if a poker player plays enough hands, he will eventually get that Royal flush. Whilst this viewpoint may encourage Sharks fans, anyone with an understanding of poker or probalility theory will clearly see that a royal flush only occurs once every 649,740 attempts and the Sharks have only had 39. Long way to go. They simply don't have a winning culture. They could've had one but didn't have the stomach to let Anderson finish the job.

Raiders - Elliots mind will be on warmer climates. Too much development work to do.

Newcastle - Cannot win this year due to Joey either being injured, holding back from giving 100% cause he doesn't want to get injured, Joey's mind on his future Footy show career, Hagan wanting out or the squad wanting to impress their 2007 coach with a solid example of choking.

Warriors - What a controversy it would be if they were to get up this year. The loss of 4 points may see the warriors adapt 'the throw the ball around and see what happens' approach. Seige mentality can pull a team together, but the Villasanti refusal proves they haven't got what it takes this year. Certain teams can thrive and excel on the field whilst the club is in the midst of dramatic adversity. This is not one of them.

Souths - No. They needed Harrison and either Anasta or Orford.

Tigers - Have a stronger side this year than what they had to win the title last year. Unfortunately for them, every team lifts to play the "premiers". No "Flock of seagulls" anthem this year.

Latest posts