What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Gallop is right on this one

Dogs Of War

Coach
That's ridiculous, you can't kill a child by putting ten bucks in a poker machine.

You can if that was the last 10 dollars (after putting a lot more in), and that 10 dollars was going towards food etc for the child. It can make a big difference to the standard of living, and the future of the child. Problem gambling can have a huge impact on family units and individuals. So real things which can help minimise that impact are important to have in place, and the current ones just do not serve that purpose. This will not cure that problem gambling, but it will help assist people control it a lot more.

IanG

Coach
I still think this is still a case of the whole Big Brother. It reeks of the income management for welfare recipient. Now that I consider an insult to my intelligence. Makes me very grateful that I'm gamefully employed now. But that's another story

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
Wow.... That's a real adequate and relevant response.

We better ban the f**king internet because pedophiles use it and are grooming our kiddies.

We should make car engines only go 50kmh max to prevent speeding, in fact let's ban cars all together and any motor vehicle - they are death traps.
Trucks are speed limited for that very reason.

That's ridiculous, you can't kill a child by putting ten bucks in a poker machine.
Idiot. I wish you would realise your own club dream - to become CEO of Canterbury and then shut it down completely - thus opening the door for a team from Broken Hill.

I still think this is still a case of the whole Big Brother. It reeks of the income management for welfare recipient. Now that I consider an insult to my intelligence. Makes me very grateful that I'm gamefully employed now. But that's another story
So employed people dont gamble? Do you have much intelligence to insult?

Look - its simple. GET A F*CKING CARD!!!!!!!!!!

Ice Ice Brady

Juniors
Lol so the clubs struggled to get to 400 people at their 'rally' yesterday. They had to bus pensioners in with the promise of a free lunch.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
Lol so the clubs struggled to get to 400 people at their 'rally' yesterday. They had to bus pensioners in with the promise of a free lunch.

The directors and management of the clubs would have attended - but they were all pissed and trying to win back some dough on the pokies.

Loudstrat

Coach
No, comparing the playing of a poker machine to speeding through a school zone is stupid.

That was never compared. What was compared was incidents exemplifying the stupid remark about making laws to protect people being wrong.

Frailty

First Grade
Do you folk also support the provision of a card to which you put a limit on the amount of alcohol consumption?

Given that the social costs of alcohol abuse are over 7 times greater than gambling ($36 Billion annually as opposed to $4.7 billion), surely you would support such a measure being implemented in clubs and pubs, and bottle shops.

Frailty

First Grade
Or even the same thing for buying cigarettes and tobacco which is over 6 times greater social cost.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm all for making it harder for idiots to kill themselves or others, although the killing yourself bit could be seen as natures way of making sure the human race continues!

docbrown

Coach
Do you folk also support the provision of a card to which you put a limit on the amount of alcohol consumption?

Given that the social costs of alcohol abuse are over 7 times greater than gambling ($36 Billion annually as opposed to $4.7 billion), surely you would support such a measure being implemented in clubs and pubs, and bottle shops.

The old chestnut of protecting the public vs impinging on their civil liberties.

There's no easy answer to this. But in my opinion restricting everybody automatically to safeguard a minority is fraught with not only legal but moral implications.

bildo

Juniors
I used to like Ray Warren, even though i thought his passion for Rugby League was often a tad : ) contrived and shamelesly corny. These days he comes across as a (gambling) addict who gets paid to support his own well known habit by encouraging mugs to do the same. The gambling industry has turned him into a scumbag, just as it has to done to Gould, Sterlo and Vossy, and the NRL. These days i usually watch the footy ( free to air ) with the sound turned down so i can watch the game without having to listen to merkins who have sold their soul to the seedy gambling industry.

League is really starting to lose its appeal to me.

bobmar28

Bench
I used to like Ray Warren, even though i thought his passion for Rugby League was often a tad : ) contrived and shamelesly corny. These days he comes across as a (gambling) addict who gets paid to support his own well known habit by encouraging mugs to do the same. The gambling industry has turned him into a scumbag, just as it has to done to Gould, Sterlo and Vossy, and the NRL. These days i usually watch the footy ( free to air ) with the sound turned down so i can watch the game without having to listen to merkins who have sold their soul to the seedy gambling industry.

League is really starting to lose its appeal to me.

That's sad. Oh well, there's always AFL.