What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why I'm worried about next year

ParraMatt

Bench
Adam Spadam said:
Give Witt the time, he is bloody young

Firman is not very old either! and hes played less games than Witt and he's shown me a hell of a lot more!

Because he has been f**ken injured for longer then what he has played. And injuries is all Parramatta need. Atleast Witty isn't injury prone. And maybe because in the last 2 years the Dragons have had a pack that go forward so it makes Firman's job alot easier. And as I said before. You need a decent Five-Eight to make a decent Halfback

Firman = Barrett.

Dragon

Coach
Sherwin/Anasta has to be in the top 3. Joe Williams wouldve been buy of the year IMO.

He and Head were arch rivals growing up, and play a very similar style.

Anyway, best of luck.

ParraMatt

Bench
Yeh offcourse. The dogs halves aswell. Then you look at Manly, Decent Five-Eighth. Terrible Half-Back and what do you get. A bottom of the ladder team. Souths, Craigie = Average, Williams = Finally a decent half back.

bartman

Immortal
Hopefully Witt will be able to start next season without his confidence battered by being dropped to PL. After a successful second half of season 03 lifting the eels to within a few games of the semis, that off-season decision was inexplicable from this vantage point.

Avenger

Immortal
Parraren said:
I can assure you we won't be going into next year with Morris & Witt as our ONLY halves options. I'm not too concerned about Morris, as I think the 5/8 position will suit him better. Witt is the one there are doubts over as he is still learning the ropes.

There is no way Smith will go into next season with Morris, Witt & Tim Smith as our only halves. I'm 99.9% positive either Dykes or Thorman will be retained or some other player will be plucked from somewhere. Who? I don't know, but I'm sure there is some deal on the cards as we speak...

I agree 100%. Please if anyone knows who are we chasing, say it. Sculthorpe would be nice. :D

Personally I think it may be PJ Marsh if he recovers from injury.

MEE

Juniors
ParraMatt said:
. Then you look at Manly, Decent Five-Eighth. Terrible Half-Back and what do you get.
yeah he's so terrible that he got man of the match last week....

Eelectrica

Referee
The only half with any first grade experience still on the market is Luke Dorn. Any others have already been signed.

Suitman

Post Whore
my eagle eye said:
ParraMatt said:
. Then you look at Manly, Decent Five-Eighth. Terrible Half-Back and what do you get.
yeah he's so terrible that he got man of the match last week....

You truely are desperate trolling other forums and posting insignificant bollocks like that.

Suity

Phillips

Referee
i think Witt/Morris will make very good havles, they are young and are hopefully our future, i'd still like Thorman too stay but if i would pick a half on the market it would be Casey McGuire...another ex eel #-o

Eelementary

Post Whore
A good footy team wins matches.

Sure, a good halves combination is a MUST.

But to those of you saying that Witt has shown no promise but Firman is God's gift to rugby league, you're dreamin'.

Remember last year - Witt took on Firman at Parramatta Stadium and TOTALLY outclassed him.

I agree that Witt is raw - quite raw in fact. But who was complaining when he:

* Lead us to victory against Cronulla last season

* Lead us to victory against Brisbane last season

* Lead us to victory against Roosters this year

He has talent - can you not see that?

But it will take time for him to get his game together.

fish eel

Immortal
I've got no doubt next year will be better.

Next year, we will have quality depth.

This year, our depth was basically fringe first graders who could do the job on one day, but not week in week out.

Guys like Jack, Armitt, Tsoulos(remember, who old or young he is!) and Witt will be a year older.

McKinnon will be better for this season, Vaealiki will be back and we'll have an international joining us.

filthy_spammers said:
I reckon its a Rugby League truism that halves win matches. Here's my ratings for our halves next year assuming we let Dykes go as is being suggested everywhere.

Panthers - Gower/Campbell 9
Knights - Johns/Gidley - 9
Storm - Orford/Hill 8
Dragons - Head/Barrett 8
Broncos - Macguire/Lockyer 8
Sharks - Kimmorley/Dykes 8
Bulldogs - Sherwin/Anasta 8
Roosters - Finch/Firman 8
West Tigers - Prince/Marshall - 7
Warriors - Jones/Hohaia - 6
Sea Eagles - Monoghan/Walker - 6
Rabbitohs - Williams/Craigie - 6
Raiders - McLinden/Whoever 5
Eels - Witt/Morris - 5
Cowboys - Shepherd/Thurston 5

To put a further spin on this thread, this is my take on each clubs' best player (and when I say it I mean '"go to" man) and position......

Panthers - Gower (Halfback)
Knights - Johns (Halfback)
Storm - Orford (Halfback)
Dragons - Barrett (5/8 )
Broncos - Lockyer (5/8 )
Sharks - Kimmorley (Halfback)
Bulldogs - Sherwin (Halfback)
Roosters - Fittler (5/8 )
West Tigers - Prince (Halfback)
Warriors - Jones (Halfback)
Sea Eagles - If you held a gun to my head I would say Walker (5/8 ) also between Monaghan or Menzies
Rabbitohs - Another gun to my head I would say Williams (Halfback)
Raiders - McLinden (Halfback)
Eels - Hindmarsh (2nd Rower)
Cowboys - Bowen (Fullback) Rauhihi also needs to be included for his go forward

Common thread there except for us and Cowboys!!!

ceselpopajesel

Juniors
I think Holdsworth from the dragons is another player parra could go for although he is young and lacks experience oh and he's a five-eighth but still you never know he could turn out to be alrite. Other players i would go for that are off contract are rieck,donald,williamson,b.macdougall , david thompson, dorn, heighington, and catic. If parra are gonna buy 3 more players anyone from this group would be fine

ceselpopajesel

Juniors
What about Jeremiah Pai parra have him for next year and he hasnt started in a first grade game this year and played five-eighth in PL most of the time why has so many people forgotten, Does anyone think he could go well with Witt

True EEL

Bench
Pai could be something,

but as you say hasn't really shown anything this year and looked ordinary in the trial at Ballina at the start of the year?????

Latest posts