What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why isint Sonny Bill Williams playing for NZ

Boodoo

Juniors
He is a Star. Leading offloader in the NRL. More importantly a Bulldog. Their Defence would be awesome, and to be honest i would back them against Australia.

Mr Saab

Referee
Boodoo said:
He is a Star. Leading offloader in the NRL. More importantly a Bulldog. Their Defence would be awesome, and to be honest i would back them against Australia.

Are you seriously a Dogs fan?

Charlie124

First Grade
Boodoo said:
Thats cause he plays so hard

he USED to play hard, which is what got him injured, then it was discovered at his usuall checkup that he was in fact made of egg shells and tissue paper. Now he has to play as a centre and not put on his big hits, yet he still gets injured, lucky he signed a big deal a couple years ago.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
S.S.T.I.D said:
And he's made of fibreglass.

:lol:

And yet he still has won more premierships with his club than most of the Souths squad ;-)

carlnz

Bench
Brutus said:
Wasn't injured, could have played.

But club wanted off season surgery.

Interesting to note he was meant to be going over to the States for some tests but they have pulled the plug on that and he will go end of next season (Suprise Suprise) as he will miss the All Golds tour then.

Also on a side note i was reading the 2004 NZ Rugby League Almanac and it is stated in there that the Bulldogs pulled him out off the last game against GB to come home for surgery.

Sonny will only ever play the ANZAC test so the Bulldogs can turn around and say "we support International League we let him play the ANZAC Tests."

What is going to happen when the 2008 World Cup rolls around??

KiWi_BoI_15

Juniors
Dogs are doin anything and everything to protect their star huh??

Its a shame SBW couldnt play this years TN he would of loved some of the confrontations in this years games im sure he would of pulled off the big hits and the big punches, ask Phil Bailey..:cool:

screeny

Bench
SBW needs to grow some balls along with his steadily increasing frame......he has to tell the Dogs just how much he wants to play for NZ.

Athletes know their own bodies. He would havea good idea whether or not he needed this surgery.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
The bulldogs doctor decided he wasn't going to play. That contravenes rule 4 of the IRLF rules on international rugby league.....you poms and aussies know about the IRLF rules don't ya?
Just under rule 3.1 about player availability.

Shouldn't all the rules apply to all teams not just rule 3.1 to the Kiwis?