What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Joey was wrong

Suitman

Post Whore
Tamazoid said:
These events simply vindicate my complete lack of respect for Johns as a person or player.

As a player, he can't be questioned. As a person, one has to wonder.

Suity

Parra Guru

Coach
It's a game that should be the first of Danny Buderus's tenure as permanent captain of the Knights because the question the Newcastle board of directors has to ask itself is this: "Does the current captain represent the things this club stands for?"

That is spot on and the sad thing about the Knights is that 'What Joey wants, Joey gets' so that question would never be raised within the club.

Hurriflatch said:
Matty put up enough excuses on the Roast last Sunday

"Joey didn't know"
"Joey hates to lose"
"Joey is sorry now"

I was waiting for

"Everytime the Knights lose part of Andrew's heart dies"

I'm sure we'll hear more of this sh*t tonight. I think we should create an online petition to get the Newcastle brigade off the Channel 9 team. The bias is f**king terrible.

forward pass

Coach
Speaking of the Telecrap - they had an ad in yesterday for the Parra Glory days DVD - for $29.95 and it was advertised as a Daily Telegraph DVD. Anyone else seen that??

colmac75

Juniors
What I wanna know is from what I have seen anyway, did Johns actually apologise?? I know he said he was gutted etc etc but did he actually say sorry for what he did???

Utey

Coach
forward pass said:
Speaking of the Telecrap - they had an ad in yesterday for the Parra Glory days DVD - for $29.95 and it was advertised as a Daily Telegraph DVD. Anyone else seen that??

no and tbh it was a rather average dvd...

James_Hardie

Juniors
Fat 5 question tonight...

Should Joey have accpeted the presentation from JT and the Eels?

Chief: "Look the guy was shattered i can forgive him. 235 games for Newcastle, 2000 and something points, He's such a good bloke, has been an ornament to the game, what a wonderful record. Look maybe he should have, but nup i can't blame him..."

Sterlo: "absolutley he should have."

Matty: "What people have to understand is, is Joey is the most competitve person you will ever meet. He bleeds Newcastle & was so disapointed in the result and he didn't think it was right to celebrate a record on a night when they lost so badly."

Fatty: "Maybe he should have, maybe he shouldn't I don't know, but at this point why don't i make some lude remark about what Kim and I get upto in the sack to show what a bogen I am!"

Hurriflatch

Referee
James_Hardie said:

Chief: "Look the guy was shattered i can forgive him. 235 games for Newcastle, 2000 and something points, He's such a good bloke, has been an ornament to the game, what a wonderful record. Look maybe he should have, but nup i can't blame him..."

Matty: "What people have to understand is, is Joey is the most competitve person you will ever meet. He bleeds Newcastle & was so disapointed in the result and he didn't think it was right to celebrate a record on a night when they lost so badly."

Fatty: "Maybe he should have, maybe he shouldn't I don't know, but at this point why don't i make some lude remark about what Kim and I get upto in the sack to show what a bogen I am!"

As someone once said

"It's funny cause it's true"

eagles_of_prey

Juniors
Yes he did the wrong thing by the Parrmatta club but yous go on about it so much its like you want the guys blood all some think. You need to have a long look at your own pathetic club /team first ok the Eels are joke lol.

eelsta

Bench
eagles_of_prey said:
Yes he did the wrong thing by the Parrmatta club but yous got on about it so much its like you want the guys blood all some think. You need to have a long look at your own pathetic club /team first ok the Eels are joke lol.
:? :lol: idiot

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
eagles_of_prey said:
Yes he did the wrong thing by the Parrmatta club but yous go on about it so much its like you want the guys blood all some think. You need to have a long look at your own pathetic club /team first ok the Eels are joke lol.

Hi Dessie... :nwave:

Nice to see you have figured out how to turn the internet on :lol:

in the end he let himself miss out on a special moment, with a record that spans so many years i bet some of the former record holders have never even met the man who held the record before them & very few (if any) of them have been together at the same ground when the torch was passed? i bet if he swallowed his pride for a minute and just stood there and shook JT's hand the loss wouldn't have seemed as bad

Utey

Coach
I just watched the bit where they spoke about it and he couldnt wrap our team enough, he acknowledges that he made the wrong decsion to walk off.

Parra Guru

Coach
James_Hardie said:

So, did it go according to the script?

What did they say?

Daneel

Bench
I like what John's said about Jarryd, he scores four tries and everyone is talking about John's walking off, when people should be talking about the spectacular performance from Jarryd.

BD5733

Juniors
I thought the bit where Reg Reagan presented a Parramatta Eels ball to him with the big "46-12" scoreline written on it was a classic.

"I got Jarryd Hayne to autograph it for you!" was just the icing on the cake.

Daneel

Bench
BD5733 said:
I thought the bit where Reg Reagan presented a Parramatta Eels ball to him with the big "46-12" scoreline written on it was a classic.

"I got Jarryd Hayne to autograph it for you!" was just the icing on the cake.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No excuse for Joey. He should have accepted the ball from JT. Life is a dichotomy. You have the good balanced by the bad everywhere you go. All of us and not just Joey have disappointments. Not all of us make a million a year to play football either. Time to get a grip on real life Joey. We love you here in Newy but you were wrong. If I was on 500 K a year I would have been quite happy to get flogged 46-12 and go home.

Parra Guru

Coach
So Johns makes a nice comment about Hayne and all is forgiven?

Also allows his brother to bag him out on TV but won't be gracious enough to accept the ball from JT? Complete lack of respect.

You can see why Rugby League is in trouble when this sh*t is allowed to go on

1eyedeel

Juniors
What annoyed me, is they said did he regret it? And he said, the only thing he regretted was the fact that he didn't want to slight Jason Taylor. Well, what about the friggin fans, esp the Newcastle runs who drove all the way down to watch it.