What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why Melbourne will not win at Leichhardt on Sunday

CULLUS.ONLINE

Juniors
[Lifted from the official Wests Tigers Forum]

Thread note: if you have "Hey Jude" by the Beatles, play it now!
Before you read this, take note that this is pretty bloody passionate! Those that have used this forum for a few years would remember posts similar to this by me every other time we v Melbourne.
There are two weeks I savour in the entire year. One I hate with such a passion that I spend every night dreaming of the end result. The other I enjoy so much that I can’t sleep the night before. That week that I love is when Souths play at Leichhardt. The other is when Melbourne plays at Leichhardt.
I think that the recent admittance of the Gold Coast into the NRL makes this week so much more relevant. You see, for me Melbourne Storm is the arch enemy of Wests Tigers. The expansion of the NRL to Melbourne saw the eventual collapse of the foundation clubs. Melbourne symbolises the money making, greed mongering corporate world that rapes the foundations of our game for every cent that its worth. I strongly believe that Rugby League has no place in Victoria. Call it ignorance or what ever you like, but to me it was the creation of this expansion club that caused the death of our beloved Wests and Balmain.
jarrodmckracken_wideweb__430x285.jpg

But it goes beyond that. I remember vividly that night when 'that' tackle happened. It was when Stephen Kearney pulled off that spear-tackle that changed the course of this club as it went from running 2nd in the comp, to nose-diving out of the top 8. From there we all know what happened and that night sparked a serries of events that would see this club go into the pits for many years to come. I, like many others, still see Melbourne storm as the reason why our club has failed so much in its history. What would have happened if that game was never played?
So when Wests Tigers line up to face the storm, there is a lot of passion in my supporting. For me, it’s more than just a win, its more than just 2 points... its stolen pride. For me, beating the storm in the grand final would be the ultimate event. Wests Tigers, the club that symbolises the result of corporate rape of our game, fighting the club that is the corporate spawn.
But what makes it so much more special is that its being played at Leichhardt Oval. That ground itself symbolises the roots of our game. For me, if Wests Tigers only ever win one game a year I would only want it to be this game. We need to win this game!

You only need to compare the two teams to see what odds are at stake. Melbourne Storm are on fire. Their back line is amazingly talented and they have the ability all over the park to cause havoc all game long. Compare it to the Wests Tigers who are a young team. Coming off the yuk loss to the Warriors would have only dented their spirits. Somehow i feel that this weeks team is no where near as good as could have been selected. I see huge weaknesses all over the squad. But at the end of the day, that doesn't matter, because what i am about to say would inspire even the Revesby under 8's to victory. But without doubt, the differences in both teams will only stress odds that are against us.
storm7ja.jpg

I only wish i could stand there in the sheds and give the boys the pre-match speech. If i did, i would show them the pictures of our game's past, i would show them the pain and aguish of the fans of Balmain, Wests, Souths, Newtown, Illawarra and North Sydney. I would show them why all these clubs and why all these fans had to endure so much pain and hurt, only so that clubs like Melbourne Storm could be put into the comp for the sole purpose of making money for the big end of town who didn't give a rats toot about the pride and tradition of the clubs they were killing. I would show them the tackle by Kearney; the pain of our fans faces, the blood streaming down O'Halloran's face and the hit by Williams on that cold night.
I would remind them of the courage that they showed last year and i would remind them that there is more than 2 points being played for out there.

We need to win, we must win! Wests Tigers must win this game to put the season back on track.
But the odds are against us.
But who cares!
Melbourne are a better team.
But who CARES!
What matters is that this Sunday the Wests Tigers will be running out onto that field... that field of passion, spirit and glory! And it doesn't matter if their entire back line was made up of fifty Billy Slaters:
I DO NOT CARE!!!
Because this Sunday when the Wests Tigers run out onto that ground to the music of Eye of the Tigers and tens of thousands of screaming fans, they will fight and they will tackle and they will bust their bodies till the point is made and victory is secured! Show them the highlights of every past clash with Melbourne! Show them why they must win and they will wear their hearts on their chests and charge into the storm like a freight train!
tigersceleb40717215bb.jpg

The odds are against us.
But somehow i know that Wests Tigers will win... they must win.
They will rise up to the challenge of their rival
They will beat them down the middle, they will beat them in the scrums
They will beat them in the tackles and the dummy half runs
And when the sun sets this Sunday, they'll take those 2 points for this war
As they charge towards October; Lets go Wests Tigers, HEAR THAT ROAR!!!
AND SMASH THOSE BLOODY MELBOURNE STORM!!!!!

tiger_nick

Bench
Great stuff Kul!!

Can't wait until Sunday!

The boys will show the 'franchise' what a real team is! Wonder if the Storm will get nervous playing infront of more then 10,000 people?

RABK

Referee
Because this Sunday when the Wests Tigers run out onto that ground to the music of Eye of the Tigers and tens of thousands of screaming fans,

Pfffttt :lol:

Routy21

Juniors
Get over it mate!
Question for ya “CULLUS.ONLINE”: Will the tigers ever make the finals???

Answer: I think not

Melbourne was going to make the competition in 1998 anyway regardless of the SuperLeague. You should read up more on your ARL history ;-)

Bring it on... it will make victory even more sweeter on Sunday!! Great to see such passion mate, but time to build a bridge. Like you said, Melbourne ARE a better team, and that WILL be shown on Sunday!!

Go You Mighty STORM!!!!!

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Cant wait to get out there on Sunday. Havent been able to get to a game for the last 3 weeks because of work, but Ive got the early shift on Sunday so, GO YOU MIGHTY TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simon says

First Grade
There is definitaly some rivalry going here.....plenty of bad blood between the two sides,and dont for a minute think there wont be big crowd of steaming Wests Tigers fans baying for blood.

This game will not be easy for the Storm.......

Kiwi

First Grade
One tackle gone wrong is the reason the Tigers sucked for the rest of that year and every year since. Thats a bit far fetched.

galahs

Suspended
If the army of termites destroying their rub down tables don't destroy their morale, the magpie on the sleeve will.

Go Wests!

This year we won for the first time against Souths in Aussie Stadium since 1999. Maybe it's time for the Wests hoodoo to break :D

simon says

First Grade
Kiwi said:
One tackle gone wrong is the reason the Tigers sucked for the rest of that year and every year since. Thats a bit far fetched.

Ok,,,,,,,how about we get two of our players to piledrive Orfird into the turf and wreck his career forever.

I wonder how the rrest of your season would go you turkey.

f**k me what a stupid post.

I look forward even more to the Wests Tigers kicking yer arses this weekend.

Cheers and thanks for getting me fired up you utter tool.

Farkin spanner.

I don't think Kiwi is a Storm fan...

I flew up for a game at Leichardt a couple of years ago... fair dinkum is that a ground straight from the 40s... the dunny at one end was a bloody dungeon!!! And damn straight it will be filled with rabbid fans... last time I went I was abused and sworn at by a couple of f**king ugly old women cause I had my Storm jersey on... what a dead set f**king joke some of your fans are

Latest posts