What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why not bye bye Wags?

The Colonel

Immortal
While we had the likes of Price, Cronin, Sterling, Kenny, Grothe and Ella in the eighties they will acknowledge the importance of blokes like Jurd, Taylor, Sharp, Bugden, Leabeater, Stevens, Atkins and Laurie.

Wagon is a bloke that our other players enjoy playing with, they acknowledged that in 2003. We have Hindy, Grothe, Morrison, Smith, Marsh, Morris and Riddell but its the blokes like Peek, Wags, Petersen and Burt who are just as if not more important.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Why not bye bye Wags? 'Cos Wags has skillz. Silky skillz. He just doesn't show them very often.

More seriously, I want him at lock. If Ben Smith has a blinder against the Roosters in PL this week, I want him as a starting centre in FG the week after, and he will hopefully be able to cement a spot. When Tahu gets back, Wagon should go to lock and stay there. Hindy, Morro and Wags provide a second row which is at, or near the top, in a season where competition for 2nd row spots is very tough. There is no reason Wags cannot chime in with a great cut-out pass or kick, playing at lock. Meanwhile, it is hard for him to re-adjust to playing on the edge. Case in point: the no-try where he took out the corner post on Sunday... most centres/wingers would have scored that by planting the ball down with an outstretched arm. Wagon tried to land it with the ball against his chest. It's just a little thing, but it demonstrates that centre-field is still where he's at his best.

Agent Mulder

Bench
I would maybe put Wagon at Lock, Only till Henry comes back, I thought Henry was hitting form against Melbourne and Wests, It was a shame he did his ankle.

Chad Robinson isn't bad, But i wouldn't have him at lock and i would leave Morrison in the backrow with Hindmarsh.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
Unfortunately for Henry, there is no guarantee that he will come back in the same form as when he got injured. He'll probably have to work his way back into the side through PL. If the side keeps winning, he'll have to hope for someone else to get injured, drop in form REALLY badly, or that Brian starts rotating players.

I just think evolution is a good thing. He may have done nothing wrong, however, its stopping others from doing something great!

I am not attacking him, for the sake of attacking him. I just think, we have to be realistic and look to the future.

Its hard in this forum to have an opinion, without being branded a non-supporter - thats why I posed the question after a win.

Im as passionate as the next person. Its disappointing you cant have a point of view, without being branded otherwise.

Agent Mulder said:
Get rid of Wagon? Why? I wish some people would stop whining,

1st it was GET Wagon away from 5/8th, so Smith puts him in the centers where he played some great matches in 2000 and 2001.

2nd Now its get rid of Wagon altogether? You're mad, He has been soild out there.

Who in the hell do you want in the centres?
Burt? Great Winger, NOT and I repeat NOT A CENTRE
Smith? Maybe, He is a bit green, Had a great debut.
Peterson? See Burt
Grothe? See Burt
Widders? Better impact off the bench.

Why change the Wagon/Tahu Combo? let them gel, Look how long it took for Smith/Morris to gel.

Grow Up and Actually watch The F*CKING GAME.

Wagon like Peeky isn't flash but the work they do in defense never mentioned, Both are great players.

Grow up and actually watch the F*cking game. Hmmm nice call???

I have been watching the game for over 30 years, and was at the game once again on Sunday. I DO watch the game.

Why are you so emotional over a suggestion. (Sorry, I think maybe your previous comment probably answered that - check your own issues)

fish eel

Immortal
Smith? Maybe, He is a bit green, Had a great debut.

Ben Smith actually made his debut last year, so if your going to throw comments around like this one:

Grow Up and Actually watch The F*CKING GAME.

you might want to make sure that what your saying is 110% correct!

Clarkieel

Juniors
I had doubts myself about smith thought he was ordinary last year but in watching the game again yesterday (I had taped it while at the game I know I am a loser!!) he was very impressive definately the furture centre of our club!! I am more inclined to get rid of Tahu!! he has not been special this year but if wags is just put back in lock then it will be an even better solution. I think he is too valuable to not have on the team somewhere

forward pass

Coach
Wags pass to Burty on Sunday was magnificent. Watch it again on replay and tell me you have seen a nicer long ball thrown.

Suitman

Post Whore
Leasa said:
I had doubts myself about smith thought he was ordinary last year but in watching the game again yesterday (I had taped it while at the game I know I am a loser!!) he was very impressive definately the furture centre of our club!! I am more inclined to get rid of Tahu!! he has not been special this year but if wags is just put back in lock then it will be an even better solution. I think he is too valuable to not have on the team somewhere

Your opinion of Tahu baffles me.
Smith has a lot more to prove than Tahu has.
Definitely the future centre of our club? Come on now. Thats a very big early call.

Suity

u will find that next week 1-5 will look like this
1. Mc Kinnon
2. Burt
3. Ben Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe

i wouldnt mind peterson in for burt that is unlikely to happen as burt is our kicker and has that slight advantage over peterson.

Clarkieel

Juniors
for some reason Tahu I dont know just irritates the crap out of me I guess I had a lot higher expectations of him
yes smith of course has to prrove himself but man I think he will be good!!

Redback71

First Grade
shouldnt these thread be kept for when where loosing

anyway what about the long range cut out pass from wagon to burt on the wing for that try. now if thats no good sight and passing skills i dont know what is.

Suitman

Post Whore
Leasa said:
for some reason Tahu I dont know just irritates the crap out of me I guess I had a lot higher expectations of him
yes smith of course has to prrove himself but man I think he will be good!!

I think Smith MAY be good as well.
Tahu on the other hand already is, and has gone OK, but that has been with no F***ing ball.
Wait till the back end of the season when we are on fire and he will no doubt prove you wrong. :oops:

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
parraitdoesmatta said:
u will find that next week 1-5 will look like this
1. Mc Kinnon
2. Burt
3. Ben Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe

i wouldnt mind peterson in for burt that is unlikely to happen as burt is our kicker and has that slight advantage over peterson.

So what have you done with Wags?

Suity

Macca_

Coach
Suitman said:
Leasa said:

Your opinion of Tahu baffles me.
Smith has a lot more to prove than Tahu has.
Definitely the future centre of our club? Come on now. Thats a very big early call.

Suity

Not typing it anymore just going to quote from the other couple of threads I have said it in re Tahu -

You are joking right?

Thats one of the first games we have really put it together and actually looked really dangerous. Who is to say that Tahu would not have scored a try or 2 today the way we played?

Fair dink, have you seen Tahu's try scoring record in the NRL? He has to be back in that side when fit.

If Ben Smith stays in first grade it will be at centre with Tahu. Wagon back to lock. Its simple as that.

Macca_

Macca_

Coach
Suitman said:
Tahu on the other hand already is, and has gone OK, but that has been with no F***ing ball

And that too :D

The forwards go forward and give the halves space, then we shall see what he can do in that backline. Hasn't had the chances yet.

It will happen, go TIT :lol:

Macca_