What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why not bye bye Wags?

The Colonel

Immortal
Has anyone looked at the fact that both Smith and Tahu are both LEFT centres? Its also the main reason that when Wagon was suspended Graham was brought in to play RIGHT centre. From that I can almost be 90% certain that Smith will go straight back to Premier League when Tahu returns.

If anyone will come up and play at right centre its more likely to be O'Dwyer.

;-)

Clarkieel

Juniors
LOL obviously none of us have looked at that :lol: :lol: :lol:
thanmkls for setting things straight Colenel (no sarcasm intended!!)

The Colonel

Immortal
strider said:
Read the whole thread Colonel - its only been brought up about 8 times #-o :lol:

So why has it lasted four pages? :shock:

Forget what I've said. Smith/Taylor have named Benny in the number 3 jersey for the games against the Roosters PL . #-o

Hurriflatch

Referee
Had TAhu played v Cowboys I'm sure he would've scored at least a couple of tries maybe even 3 or 4 and Parra would've had another 12-18 pts on the board.

There were a number of times when the ball went out only to be shut down by some good defence normally coming from Sing or Bowman. Tahu's expierence and footwork would've been more difficult to stop then the players who were out there quite often Morris, Wagon or O'Dwyer.

Tahu's defence has been very solid.

Macca_

Coach
Good as time as any to get Ben to play the other side so he and Tahu can both play... He's young, learn to play on the other side son :D

Macca_

Eelementary

Post Whore
I myself am from the school of thought that any good outside back these days has to be able to cover any backline position from 1 to 5.

Wingers should be able to play both left and right wing, as should centres.

Because if you have a superstar right centre, and you happen to be a right centre vying for that troublesome left centre position at the club...Well, it's another string to your bow to be able to excel in both sides.

I think Ben should do great in the number 3.

strider

Post Whore
I think Benny Smith is a gun - they have to work something out so, Tahu, Benny, Wags are all on the field.....we need the enthusiasm of some young guys and Benny has that and is physically ready for NRL (might need some more conditioning tho, but thats easy fixed)

parraitdoesmatta wrote:
u will find that next week 1-5 will look like this
1. Mc Kinnon
2. Burt
3. Ben Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe

i wouldnt mind peterson in for burt that is unlikely to happen as burt is our kicker and has that slight advantage over peterson.

So what have you done with Wags?

Suity
gone to lock forward

lol, he did nothing yesterday, Eelamentary? lol, he was awesome in defense against the Cowboys and was very handy at shutting them down when they looked on the verge of scoring.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Hollywood Jesus said:
lol, he did nothing yesterday, Eelamentary? lol, he was awesome in defense against the Cowboys and was very handy at shutting them down when they looked on the verge of scoring.

I'm going insane!

Did I write that Wagon did nothing? Seriously?

Man what's going on with me?

Because what I meant was that he did nothing wrong - I for one thought he played verywell on Sunday!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thyink too many people put to much emphasis on this left side right side thing

wags never palyed centre before so why wouyld it matetr to him, and as far a Ben Smith and TIT are concerned, if they are the best two centres, put a jumper on them.

You cant tell me that we should be playong one of our best centres in PL because there are two no 4 's in the club.

Pick your best 13 and put and....well.................your know the rest

Eelementary

Post Whore
Twizzle said:
I thyink too many people put to much emphasis on this left side right side thing

wags never palyed centre before so why wouyld it matetr to him, and as far a Ben Smith and TIT are concerned, if they are the best two centres, put a jumper on them.

You cant tell me that we should be playong one of our best centres in PL because there are two no 4 's in the club.

Pick your best 13 and put and....well.................your know the rest

I agree.

Left or right - shouldn't matter in a quality player.

Take Guru himself - tore it up on the left last season, is playing right this year and killing it.

Hurriflatch

Referee
WAgon had actually played quite a lot of centre

When he came to the Eels in 1998 he was a centre untill 2000 when he shifted to lock but even then he still played centre.