What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why not Travis Burns?

Hellsy

Immortal
Twizzle said:
Jason Smith has already been signed by the bunnies

Really?
The Sunday footy show had him as un-signed, did this just happen this morning?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it was announced Friday, pretty sure there is a thread in the NRL forum, thats where I read it

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
Scott Hill as is good as gone to England, I know he hasn't signed but he has pretty much decided he wants to go over there

I'll bet you a $5.00 lottery ticket he signs with us ;-)

I can honestly say that I know nothing other than the fact that we're very interested and because of Hage's history with Hill at the Hunter Mariners there's a good chance he'll come. but he may well go to England.

Hellsy

Immortal
Then why would you try and make a bet with a person who doesn't bet that he will sign with us?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
Then why would you try and make a bet with a person who doesn't bet that he will sign with us?

I don't know whether you bet or not..it was only for fun, if you don't want to that's fine.

1eyedeel

Juniors
Did nobody see Brett Seymour play on the weekend?? His problem is, he's not a playmaker. We don't need a playmaker.

Hellsy

Immortal
I think the use of Mr Winky is leding to alot of false hopes in us people that are not in the know.........

No bets from me, I don't partake in those temptations

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
I think the use of Mr Winky is leding to alot of false hopes in us people that are not in the know.........

No bets from me, I don't partake in those temptations

Mr Winky is no more wiser than yours trully..I can't be any more honest than that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
Mr Winky sux and causes confusion

My Mr Winky is deceptive and mysterious, likes to think he knows alot but in reality knows Jack Schit :lol:

I think Colonel's is the same.

Gronk

Staff member
Oh to be a fly on the wall or to have a tap on a few player manager's cell phones right now.

The scary thing is that some of these deals are not finalized for ages. IIRC the deal with Orford took months to put together after 1 July last year.

Hellsy

Immortal
eelavation said:
My Mr Winky is deceptive and mysterious, likes to think he knows alot but in reality knows Jack Schit :lol:

I think Colonel's is the same.

Colonel's Mr Winky sux arse also

damo72

Juniors
While everyone is throwing names out there, Ben Jefferies from Wakefield wants to return to Australia and play in the NRL. I watched his game with interest on Friday and despite playing in a side that is in the bottom 3 of the table he looked pretty good, Bartman has probably seen a bit more of him but this is a player that would be cheap as he is looking for a 2nd chance.

Smith would be great because he is ONLY a 1-year option.

Like I said, we could play him at lock or on the bench. Buy him specifically to work with Blake Green and Tim Smith. He wouldn't be too dear considering only the Roosters appear to be after him. (Souths have already said they can't afford both him and Asotasi and that their priority is Asotasi - so he hasn't saigned with Souths as yet).

Good value in terms of financial outlay. Good value in terms of what he can do for the kids. Good value in terms of what he can do for the team on the field.

If we like a Green/Smith combo, I'd be chasing Jason Smith.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hollywood Jesus said:
Smith would be great because he is ONLY a 1-year option.

Like I said, we could play him at lock or on the bench. Buy him specifically to work with Blake Green and Tim Smith. He wouldn't be too dear considering only the Roosters appear to be after him. (Souths have already said they can't afford both him and Asotasi and that their priority is Asotasi - so he hasn't saigned with Souths as yet).

Good value in terms of financial outlay. Good value in terms of what he can do for the kids. Good value in terms of what he can do for the team on the field.

If we like a Green/Smith combo, I'd be chasing Jason Smith.

problem is HJ, we need a running five-eight outside Tim, his just not suited to our style imo.

The Colonel

Immortal
eelavation said:
problem is HJ, we need a running five-eight outside Tim, his just not suited to our style imo.

If you played him off the bench it wouldn't be an issue really. Widders going opens a spot for a ball playing backrower. If Blake Green stays or we manage to snare Burns/Hill he'd be an ideal player as far as experience and knowledge goes.

thedux

Juniors
eelavation said:
That's the key to whoever we go after. They need to be prepared to take the line on, to best complement Smith. Burns and Hill are ideal but Manly are hopeful of keeping him despite chasing Judas. I'm not convinced Green is accomplished at that part of the game.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Colonel said:
If you played him off the bench it wouldn't be an issue really. Widders going opens a spot for a ball playing backrower. If Blake Green stays or we manage to snare Burns/Hill he'd be an ideal player as far as experience and knowledge goes.

at the moment we're flat out fielding a decent 13. but I guess he could be an option off the bench.

Latest posts