What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why we like gridiron

I think the reason why is the lesser exposure of NFL to us and it's greater novelty.

We can watch any league game on TV, but can only watch 2 or 3 each week of NFL...

legend

Coach
I lean towards the NFL. To see a QB hit a WR in stride as they race away for a td is one of the true great moments in sport.

Manning, Brady, Brees and Rivers are awesome QB's who can throw it where ever they want and I admire that level of talent.

orton.gif

And Kyle Orton

Ladmate

Bench
I lean towards the NFL. To see a QB hit a WR in stride as they race away for a td is one of the true great moments in sport.

Manning, Brady, Brees and Rivers are awesome QB's who can throw it where ever they want and I admire that level of talent.

Don't forget the entertainers like Vince Young and Michael Vick, Vick in his prime was just.....awesome.

Mhartew

Juniors
Well, Before the end of last year, my only interaction with grid iron was with the game NFL Blitz 2000 on PS1, Great game and it taught me the basics of the game. After that I didn't really pay much attention to the sport, but I used to watch the occasional Superbowl if I was at home when it was on.

They last year I was flicking through the channels and decided to leave it on the NFL as nothing else was really on. And then I saw this play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gra1Mn4SWv8

Needless to say I though it was awesome. So I started watching all the playoff series games of last year, Picked the Cardinals as my team (Thanks to the Warner to Fitzgerald combo they had going last year) and decided that I would follow the sport i little more closely than before.

Which brings us the this year and thanks to my work schedule of having Sunday and Mondays off, I've been watching a whole lot more and have been enjoying it greatly.

To be honest what I think attracts me to the sport in general are the big plays (like the one above), I absolutely love long pass plays, the theatre and drama of it all and how big the occasion seems to be. Like how psyched up the players are after they do something good, how into it the crowd gets, etc. All of this makes the game unlike any other.

Rugby League is still my first choice spectator sport, but its good to have the NFL as something to keep my interest in the off season.

legend

Coach
The Flea Flicker is one of the best plays in the NFL if it comes off.

The hail mary when it comes off is a great play too! John Elway beat the Redskins in 1995 with the last play of the game and it was a hail mary to Rod Smith in the end zone. Awesome play and I'll see if I can find it.

Great catch by Fitzgerald but you are in for a life of despair if you stick with the Cardinals. ;-)

Mhartew

Juniors
Great catch by Fitzgerald but you are in for a life of despair if you stick with the Cardinals. ;-)
Well a lot of people would say the same for my NRL team the Raiders. But it won't stop me from going for em. Maybe I'm a glutton for punishment.

I may not always go for the Cardinals for all my life, but I'll at least have a soft spot for them.

Dogs Of War

Coach

I agree. This is coming from a guy who supports the Bengals, I chose them when they where in the Superbowl against the 49'ers. It's all been downhill since then, though this year has been fun so far!

legend

Coach
Who did the Bengals lose to again?;-)

When I started to follow the Broncos, they had never won a superbowl so I know the feeling but a few years later they went back to back so I can die a happy man...

It's great to see such a diverse supporter base for NFL teams in here, which makes for awesome discussion.

beave

Coach
Been a tampa fan for 20 years..............League is my favourite sport in the world, but the NFL is a close second and then daylight. I have been lucky enough to be able to go 4 games in my life (courtesy of marrying a yank), but been to only one involving my beloved Bucs. It was funny talking to the other Bucs fans and the looks on their faces when they realise the accent and where you are from, it blows their minds.

My missus family are from around Charlotte, so there will be phone calls on monday morning no doubt after the Panthers/Bucs game, the initiator will defintely come from the victorious party mind you..............

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think you might be exaggerating :lol:

Dude, I am serious! I could watch Cleveland play and still get into the game!

Course, it helps that Cleveland on a bad day is still better than Oakland on a good day...

I think I just died a little inside...:(