What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why

big boppa eel

Juniors
Sorry about the confusing title, and probabley a bit of a nothing thread, though I am just curious why people feel the need to go to the storm web site and post congratulations on their effort against us, good sports and all that stuff I know, am not trying to put sh*t on anyone individual, I didn't c any storm fan congratulate us on our defensive effort in the second half, maybe im just getting old and cranky and possibly petty, what do u guys think is their a need to congratulate opposition teams who beat us.

bradeel

Juniors
i wouldn't do it. I live down here and they think they are the bloody bees knees and can't lose a game. The ppl I know down here trying to tell me that the only reason we got so close was because they played so uncharactistically badly. I don't reckon they deserve congratulations at all. They were very very lucky not to lose.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I wouldn't do it. I can't stand Melbourne.

All of their fans are either turncoats or johnny-come-latelys. Can't stand the bastards.

Nikki

Coach
Why do players shake each others hands after each game once they have bashed the sh*t outta each other for the past 80 minutes?

By us doing it, and the opposition not doing it for us, shows that we are the better fans ;-)

Parra R 4 Me

Juniors
bradeel said:
i wouldn't do it. I live down here and they think they are the bloody bees knees and can't lose a game. The ppl I know down here trying to tell me that the only reason we got so close was because they played so uncharactistically badly. I don't reckon they deserve congratulations at all. They were very very lucky not to lose.

U think living in Melbourne is bad, try living in Brisbane and always hearing why the Drongos are the best, I notice Bennett was again whinging about a tackle made on one of his little darling's didn't draw attention by the official's. I'll swap with you any day.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Living in Brissy last year after the Bronc's won the comp was unbearable, the media would have you believe that Benny can walk on water and Locky is better than Joey and Fittler combined.

CrazyEel

Bench
hineyrulz said:
Living in Brissy last year after the Bronc's won the comp was unbearable, the media would have you believe that Benny can walk on water and Locky is better than Joey and Fittler combined.
LOL, yeah, I had to hide out down here on the coast, avoided the news and couldn't buy a paper for about 2 months. :lol:

Eelementary

Post Whore
I assume you're referring to my thread.

I do it because I'm a good sport and I have congratulated other teams that have beaten us. it would be hypocritical of me to not congrtulate Melbourne after defeating us, n'est-ce pas?

RalthFilthy

Juniors
Parra R 4 Me said:
U think living in Melbourne is bad, try living in Brisbane and always hearing why the Drongos are the best, I notice Bennett was again whinging about a tackle made on one of his little darling's didn't draw attention by the official's. I'll swap with you any day.
I have developed a massive amount of hatred towards the Kunghts after growing up near Newcastle.
If anyone wondered why Andrew Johns' arse is so big it's because Brett Keeble keeps sucking it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't see a problem in it..

Eele's thread shows what great sports eels fans on this board are and traditionally you'll find that we try and make it a common practice to congratulate the grand final winners on behalf of eels fans at the winners forum and we have for a few years now, it's definitely not compulsery and you'll defenitely won't be frowned upon if you don't do it but at the same time people who do choose to congratulate the winning team don't expect to be ridiculed by their fellow supporters.

Eele's thread is the reason why we have the best supporters on League Unlimited. ;-)

Hellsy

Immortal
If you don't have anything nice to say in another teams forum then don't say it at all I reckon.
It means less trolls for us when we are on good terms with the opposition.
Good job :thumb

fish eel

Immortal
eelavation said:
I don't see a problem in it..

Eele's thread shows what great sports eels fans on this board

that must be why every time we lose, there are threads bitching about the officials ;-)

Latest posts