What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Widdop seeks release

DragonJ

Juniors
I'm not sure. I'm no expert.

But if I see "dominate playmaker" in blue text, I'm getting my internet detective hat on.

Why do you spend so much time talking about other forum contributors? I know you are not the worst but you also do it.

So getting back on topic, Andrew Johns, an assistant at the Rorters doesn't want Widdop to be moved to fullback. Lots of forum contributors are seemingly very enthusiastic for us to heed his 'advice'. How about you?

Some even favorably sight Bellamy waxing lyrical about building a team around Widdop right after he signed for us. Seriously! Can you even imagine McFooknuckle giving Bellamy 'advice' about the Melbourne team? Andrew Johns giving us 'advice' is even more insulting. We have been a laughing stock for the last 6 years!

SBD82

Coach
Why do you spend so much time talking about other forum contributors? I know you are not the worst but you also do it.

So getting back on topic, Andrew Johns, an assistant at the Rorters doesn't want Widdop to be moved to fullback. Lots of forum contributors are seemingly very enthusiastic for us to heed his 'advice'. How about you?

Some even favorably sight Bellamy waxing lyrical about building a team around Widdop right after he signed for us. Seriously! Can you even imagine McFooknuckle giving Bellamy 'advice' about the Melbourne team? Andrew Johns giving us 'advice' is even more insulting. We have been a laughing stock for the last 6 years!
I'll use pink text next time.

Ffs. How can someone who is a joke fail so miserably at recognising one.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Well that's a good sign. Rorters are worried. He obviously has an excellent idea and he is obviously working for a rival and has such low regard for the intelligence of our staff that he thinks he can give us "advice" and we will take it into consideration. As I said, imagine McFooknuckle, Hornby or Dean Young giving Melbourne "advice" about where to play Munster, Souffs advice on where to play Inglis. Or even if he gave out wayward son over there at Newcastle advice on where to play to Ponga. He's be laughed at. Literally. But rivals can give us advice.....:rolleyes:

Really? That is a very keen insight. Sometimes I feel I need to go out and buy crayons when dealing with some members on this forum.

He has a contract which can't be changed....... Unless both parties agree for it to be changed. The incentive would be to get a payout on top of his ESL contract or spend the year in the ISP. Very tough but this kind of ruthlessness is precisely what we need.

I don't mind Widdop at fullback at all. I think it's his best position by a long way. But the money he is on to play fullback is fascicle.

Serious.....:rolleyes:
Fascicle that's a big word for a small brained juvenile....... . The money he's on he gets paid the same whether it's half, fullback, bench, painter. Doesn't change unless Mr widdop agrees to a change junior.

DragonJ

Juniors
Fascicle that's a big word for a small brained juvenile....... . The money he's on he gets paid the same whether it's half, fullback, bench, painter. Doesn't change unless Mr widdop agrees to a change junior.
FFS, you are so dumb it's infuriating. Did you read the text you quoted? Specifically the bold and underlined part? You just called me "a small brained juvenile" for apparently not knowing what I told you in bold and underlined text.
I'll use pink text next time.

Ffs. How can someone who is a joke fail so miserably at recognising one.

I'm sorry you are so upset. But the truth can sometimes be upsetting. Widdop as a playmaker was an unmitigated disaster. As the results demonstrate. I know you have some kind of personal connection to him. You shouldn't take it personally. Just like I think JDB or Aitken or Lafai would be a poor playmaker. I am very optimistic about Widdop at fullback however. What's the problem? Of course the money but it can't be changed unless he agrees to have it changed.

I was just hoping to get your thoughts on Bellamy waxing lyrical about building a team around Widdop after we signed him and about Andrew Johns 'advising' us about where to play him.

SBD82

Coach
FFS, you are so dumb it's infuriating. Did you read the text you quoted? Specifically the bold and underlined part? You just called me "a small brained juvenile" for apparently not knowing what I told you in bold and underlined text.

I'm sorry you are so upset. But the truth can sometimes be upsetting. Widdop as a playmaker was an unmitigated disaster. As the results demonstrate. I know you have some kind of personal connection to him. You shouldn't take it personally. Just like I think JDB or Aitken or Lafai would be a poor playmaker. I am very optimistic about Widdop at fullback however. What's the problem? Of course the money but it can't be changed unless he agrees to have it changed.

I was just hoping to get your thoughts on Bellamy waxing lyrical about building a team around Widdop after we signed him and about Andrew Johns 'advising' us about where to play him.
I'm not upset. It's just that you're clearly incapable of a good faith conversation, so I'd prefer that you went and played on the road.

DragonJ

Juniors
I'm not upset. It's just that you're clearly incapable of a good faith conversation, so I'd prefer that you went and played on the road.
Yes, you are. I'm incapable of "a good faith conversation" if that necessitates deluding myself.

Okay. I'm just going to presume you also think Bellamy was right to 'advise us' to build a team around Widdop after we signed:rolleyes: him and Andrew Johns, the Rorters assistant, is right to 'advise us' where to play Widdop and Norman this season.

So let me change tack but still remain on topic.

You can see on this thread, several posters, including yourself are just Widdop-crazed. No criticism of him is allowed even when it's to the benefit of the club. Specifically, as you know I think he will do really well at fullback but his salary will be overly inflated by quite a large amount to not be the playmaker he was signed to be.

So how many of these posters aren't really Dragons supporters but friends/family of Widdop? Of those how long do you think they will maintain the masquerade after Widdop is gone at the end of this year? How about yourself?

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
Yes, you are. I'm incapable of "a good faith conversation" if that necessitates deluding myself.

Okay. I'm just going to presume you also think Bellamy was right to 'advise us' to build a team around Widdop after we signed:rolleyes: him and Andrew Johns, the Rorters assistant, is right to 'advise us' where to play Widdop and Norman this season.

You can see on this thread, several posters, including yourself are just Widdop-crazed. No criticism of him is allowed even when it's to the benefit of the club. Specifically, as you know I think he will do really well at fullback but his salary will be overly inflated by quite a large amount to not be the playmaker he was signed to be.

So how many of these posters aren't really Dragons supporters but friends/family of Widdop? Of those how long do you think they will maintain the masquerade after Widdop is gone at the end of this year? How about yourself?
Your posts are littered with strawman arguments.

When trolling, this will only be effective against those who are unaware of what you're doing.

If you're unaware of what you're doing, google is your friend. Search "logical fallacies" and come back and talk to me.

Overseas dragon

Juniors

The fact that Craig Bellamy and Andrew Johns have an opinion ,should not come as any surprise. The fact that you want to argue about their right to have an opinion. Only shows how juvenile and condasending you are... Perhaps you should rethink your own opinion instead of trying to change everybody else's........dragon Jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj...

DragonJ

Juniors
That is utter nonsense. Did you or did you not state the following?
He's been guilty of running sideways in the past, but that was greatly improved this year.
So who is the the other playmaker for whom you can say of: "He ran across field less last year"?

Then you tried to embellish with a series of messages basically saying the same thng.
Widdop is a good playmaker, but when any player has to shoulder too much attack it makes things too predictable, which allows the defence to target them, and also means that they are given the ball in a pass and hope situation.

So the team was predictable and Widdop ran across field because they had nothing on and passed it to Widdop as a default action. So FFS, isn't the job of the marquee playmaker to not be predictable and ensure the team puts on the right plays a large % of the time?

You are throwing everyone and everything under the bus to try and present Widdop in a more favorable light. And then you take umbrage when I point out the facts you inadvertently stated.

But as someone pointed out, this argument is really void as far as I can see. The results speak for themselves and Widdop is no longer going to be a playmaker for us. Thank god!

Right now, I'm interested in your opinion on the fact several posters are promoting Andrew Johns (employed by the Rorters) "advice" on where we play Widdop and Norman. Others or the same ones cited favorably Bellamy waxing lyrical after we sighed him from Melbourne.

I think it shows a flagrant lack of respect on the part of Andrew Johns and Bellamy. I can't even imagine our coaching staff "advising" Melbourne or the Rorters without being laughed at.

And then I wanted to know about the nature of your relationship with Widdop and are you going to continue to support us after Widdop is gone later this year?

SBD82

Coach
That is utter nonsense. Did you or did you not state the following?

So who is the the other playmaker for whom you can say of: "He ran across field less last year"?

Then you tried to embellish with a series of messages basically saying the same thng.

So the team was predictable and Widdop ran across field because they had nothing on and passed it to Widdop as a default action. So FFS, isn't the job of the marquee playmaker to not be predictable and ensure the team puts on the right plays a large % of the time?

You are throwing everyone and everything under the bus to try and present Widdop in a more favorable light. And then you take umbrage when I point out the facts you inadvertently stated.

But as someone pointed out, this argument is really void as far as I can see. The results speak for themselves and Widdop is no longer going to be a playmaker for us. Thank god!

Right now, I'm interested in your opinion on the fact several posters are promoting Andrew Johns (employed by the Rorters) "advice" on where we play Widdop and Norman. Others or the same ones cited favorably Bellamy waxing lyrical after we sighed him from Melbourne.

I think it shows a flagrant lack of respect on the part of Andrew Johns and Bellamy. I can't even imagine our coaching staff "advising" Melbourne or the Rorters without being laughed at.

And then I wanted to know about the nature of your relationship with Widdop and are you going to continue to support us after Widdop is gone later this year?
Seek help. Preferably professional.

DragonJ

Juniors
Seek help. Preferably professional.
WOW... ok. It's nothing personal. Just like Aitken or Frizz or JDB are not good playmakers but good in other positions. Positions where they should be getting paid less due to the (in my view) unfair way playmakers are paid so much more.

possm

Coach

We need some fresh ideas for 2019. We have had Widdop at 6 for 5 years, Aitken at right wing for too long and slow wingers in the backline since Brett Morris went to the Dogs. I say it is time to shake thing up and if this does not work, we can always make changes:
1. Widdop
2. Pearson
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Ravalawa
6. Norman
7. Hunt

This backline has speed out wide, good defensive centres, a real playmaker and game manager at 6 and a half back that can be free to seek out opportunities.

As fullback we will have an experienced international who has a good turn of speed, great passing game, good defence and the ability to direct the backline to close down threats and take advantage of opportunities.

If this line up is selected it will give Dufty and Aitken the opportunity to improve their game in readiness for 2020 while at the same time provide depth for the first grade side.

DragonJ

Juniors
We need some fresh ideas for 2019. We have had Widdop at 6 for 5 years, Aitken at right wing for too long and slow wingers in the backline since Brett Morris went to the Dogs. I say it is time to shake thing up and if this does not work, we can always make changes:
1. Widdop
2. Pearson
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Ravalawa
6. Norman
7. Hunt

This backline has speed out wide, good defensive centres, a real playmaker and game manager at 6 and a half back that can be free to seek out opportunities.

As fullback we will have an experienced international who has a good turn of speed, great passing game, good defence and the ability to direct the backline to close down threats and take advantage of opportunities.

If this line up is selected it will give Dufty and Aitken the opportunity to improve their game in readiness for 2020 while at the same time provide depth for the first grade side.
That is pretty much exactly my opinion and the backline I'd have for R01. Just at this point #2 and 5 are pretty much unknown quantities and #1 is pretty much an unknown quantity at #1. I'm optimistic they are all going to work out well.

possm

Coach

DragonJ

Juniors
Just when you thought Price was done f**king over the Dragons!
Well played waterboy... Well played, you muppet haha!
Nonsense. If we gained Normal as a result of losing Widdop,and lost Widdop as a result of supercoach Price poaching him, supercoach Price has partially made up for all the damage he did.

Norman and Hunt are going to be the most formidable halves combination in the competition.

Latest posts