What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

widnes vikings

jed

First Grade
I'd still be putting my money on Cas to go up again, but you never know.

What's surprised me is how quickly Leigh have gotten worse since leaving SL - their 2nd season out and they're already losing as many as they win in NL1

JasonE

Bench
Yeah 50/50 chance either Widnes or Cas,

so far they have played Cas 3 times for 2 wins but they recntly lost convincingly. If both teams are at full strength i think Cas will win it.

bartman

Immortal
I think he's been doing OK, Joel Penny.

It will be 50-50 I reckon. More interesting perhaps is whether they will each feature in next year's announcement of Super League franchises for 2009...

obelix

Juniors
bartman said:
I think he's been doing OK, Joel Penny.

Widnes fans are notoriously difficult to please when it comes to their scrum halves. Joel's starting over Ian Webster at the moment but they're both pretty good players.

I don't think he's done enough - yet - to justify a starting place in SL if Widnes were to get promoted (especially if he's back on quota once the special exception made for him this year runs out) - but I get the feeling he's got more to give, so I'll reserve judgement for now. It's difficult for anyone to come into a team and start bossing it half way through the season.

deluded pom?

Coach
God-King Dean said:
Why would you name your team the Vikings when you're England based :?

Why would you call yourselves Tigers when your Australia based? Or Raiders? Or Panthers? Or Knights?

God-King Dean

Immortal
deluded pom? said:
Why would you call yourselves Tigers when your Australia based? Or Raiders? Or Panthers? Or Knights?

When Balmain first came into the comp their local junior team was called the Tigers. Name stuck.

Raiders we named that because they were the first team outside NSW to enter the comp. Hence Raiders.

Can't say for sure about Penrith, but I'd imagine the same as Tigers.

Knights defend their Castle. Newcastle :cool:

Question remains... why call em Vikings when Viking murdered & raped Englands coast ?

roughyedspud

Coach
you tell me which name sounds better from a marketing point of view

WIDNES VIKINGS

or

WIDNES CHEMICS

i fact i can see it know, instead of selling viking helmets they can sell white lab coats and test tubes.....

bartman

Immortal
Vikings actually settled and ruled the north of England for some time after initially coming in and raping and pillaging, and moved on over to Ireland I believe...

Vikings were given constitutional control over much of England by peace treaties known as the Danelaw. Fascinating history if you look into it.

deluded pom?

Coach
Tigers obviously roamed the jungles of Leichardt. Knights jousted on the plains of the Hunter Valley as Vikings landed on the NSW coast. Oops, nearly forgot about the panthers stalking around the forests of the Blue Mountains. FFS. Give me strength. How old are you Dean? ten? Eleven?

God-King Dean

Immortal
deluded pom? said:
Tigers obviously roamed the jungles of Leichardt. Knights jousted on the plains of the Hunter Valley as Vikings landed on the NSW coast. Oops, nearly forgot about the panthers stalking around the forests of the Blue Mountains. FFS. Give me strength. How old are you Dean? ten? Eleven?

Your country invented the f*cking language yet you can't understand what I've written :lol:

I'll give you a new word which you may have to look up in the dictionary. Heritage.

God-King Dean

Immortal
bartman said:
Vikings actually settled and ruled the north of England for some time after initially coming in and raping and pillaging, and moved on over to Ireland I believe...

Vikings were given constitutional control over much of England by peace treaties known as the Danelaw. Fascinating history if you look into it.

Cheers. I didn't know that. Thanks for an answer ;-)

Latest posts