What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wiki and Koopu

Lowey3

Juniors
Whats the situation with these two players ?

Both have been linked with moves over here in the last few weeks. ( England ).... is Koopu off contract ?

Scorpio30

Bench
Wiki is signing on with North Blackpool Badgers....and I believe Koopu is in talks with the Scotland expansion team Glasgow Tartan.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
North Blackpool Badgers :lol:

If you believe every rumour that comes out of pomgolia about out players we might as well shift the whole bloody franchise over there.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Koopu was certainly ripped off missing out on a Kiwi's jersey. From a Warrior POV it's hard to work out why L Anderson and Guttenbeil are rated higher (or is he injured?).

Lowey3

Juniors
Thats why i'm asking space monkey.

Our papers dont usually link these kind of players because of the funof it.... they coulden't care less about rugby league, unless it was true.

Also Wakefields chairman has just announced to the press that Wiki was offered to them for this season but they coulden't afford it because of the salary cap... he said he's in talks with quite a few teams.

This hit me as a surprise because i thourght Wiki had 1 year remaining ?

Lowey3

Juniors
Arr ok mate, i thourght so.

Might be just clutching at straws on my part lol.

Saints have been linked with both and since we've just sold Mickey Higham, we're now chasing a second rower.

Iafeta

Referee
Wiki's signed until end of 2007, Koopu signed a new contract mid year through I think until end of 2008.

On Koopu Thierry, I thought Awen Guttenbeil's form over the back end of the year was marginally better than his. And I'd say the New Zealand "A" performance went a long way to sealing the deal where clearly Guttenbeil was man of the match.

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Wairangi Koopu had a great year..I seriously can not believe he is not in the New Zealand Squad for the Tri Nations

Personally he should be there instead of Solomona. But with the backrow depth the Kiwis have its a shame that its Koopu thats the 1 that misses out

hitman82

Bench
I think these poms just make up sigining rumours as a way of making conversation on this forum.

Humphrey

Juniors
Tim Brasher said:
Wairangi Koopu had a great year..I seriously can not believe he is not in the New Zealand Squad for the Tri Nations

Hes had two bloody great years in a row now and still nothing